+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost PRC

Heidif

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Hello,
What other document can one turn in if one loses his/her Permanent Resident Card? Is there a document that can prove my status as a permanent resident even it I lose the Permanent Resident Card?
Thanks.
Heidi

Son-of-A-Gun

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Depends if you're in Canada or Outside Canada:

If your PR card is lost, stolen or destroyed while you are in Canada, contact IRCC through this Web form to report what happened. Then you can apply for a replacement PR card. You must fill out section G (solemn declaration) when completing the application and pay the $50 processing fee.

If your PR Card is lost or stolen while you are outside Canada, you should report the loss or theft to the nearest Canadian visa office. To return to Canada, you’ll need to apply for a permanent resident travel document (PRTD). It is only valid for one entry into Canada. Once you are back in Canada, you can apply for a replacement PR card. You must fill out section G (solemn declaration) when completing the application and pay the $50 processing fee.
Your answer here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=47&top=10

Heidif

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Hello,
My lost PR card is already expired but I need it to appeal to the Canadian Embassy in my country of origin for a new Travel Document (the first has already expired, I couldn't travel before the deadline). Are there documents that can replace the PR card? For example, on my Landing document it is stated clearly when I became a P. R. and on my expired Travel Document it is stated in the category region permanent resident.

march2016

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Heidif said:
Hello,
My lost PR card is already expired but I need it to appeal to the Canadian Embassy in my country of origin for a new Travel Document (the first has already expired, I couldn't travel before the deadline). Are there documents that can replace the PR card? For example, on my Landing document it is stated clearly when I became a P. R. and on my expired Travel Document it is stated in the category region permanent resident.
May be you missed the link given by other poster, the document you might require to enter canada incase you have a lost pr card and you are abroad is permanent resident travel document (PRTD)

Your answer here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=47&top=10

"If your PR Card is lost or stolen while you are outside Canada, you should report the loss or theft to the nearest Canadian visa office. To return to Canada, you’ll need to apply for a permanent resident travel document (PRTD). It is only valid for one entry into Canada. Once you are back in Canada, you can apply for a replacement PR card. You must fill out section G (solemn declaration) when completing the application and pay the $50 processing fee".