+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost PR Card

immigrant_kane

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
I lost my PR card (lost my wallet) in Canada.
What steps do I need to take to apply for a replacement card? Does the document number change for the replacement?

immigrant_kane

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
I think I need to Fax/mail imm5451e document. I was wondering how to pay the processing fee (is there a processing fee)? Anyone who has done this process, can you please suggest?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I lost my PR card (lost my wallet) in Canada.
What steps do I need to take to apply for a replacement card? Does the document number change for the replacement?
You first need to contact IRCC to report your card lost.
https://settlement.org/ontario/daily-life/consumer-protection/lost-or-stolen-identification/what-if-my-permanent-resident-pr-card-is-lost-or-stolen/

Then, you have to apply for a new card, here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace.html

You can apply online. The PR Card number does not change, unless it is different for a lost or stolen card. The cost is [hopefully] still $50

immigrant_kane

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
You first need to contact IRCC to report your card lost.
https://settlement.org/ontario/daily-life/consumer-protection/lost-or-stolen-identification/what-if-my-permanent-resident-pr-card-is-lost-or-stolen/

Then, you have to apply for a new card, here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace.html

You can apply online. The PR Card number does not change, unless it is different for a lost or stolen card. The cost is [hopefully] still $50

The first link youve sent mentions filling out 5451 only if I dont need the card right away.

However the application to renew lost, stolen card seems to be a form and not an actual online portal? Does anyone known the online portal for submitting the request for getting a new/replacement pr card in case of lost card?

immigrant_kane

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
Is there an online portal to submit request for replacement card? The PR confirmation portal I remember seemed to have an option to apply a PR card? Has anyone submitted the application online for lost PR card?

immigrant_kane

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
I had a call with an agent and they mentioned I could do it online from this portal link.

However, I have a question related to section 4 on imm5444e, if I have lost my card do I need to still mention address history and work and educational history (inside and outside canada)?

section 4 - personal history asks:

List your address history for the past 5 years or if you became a PR less than 5 years ago, your address history since becoming a PR. List your address history from the most recent to the oldest.

Same question for education and work experience.

I'm guessing this is the same form for new card applicants as well as for PR card renewal for applicants so that's why address/education/work history of the last 5 years in Canada would be required to input.

But since I am applying and using this form for a replacement card for a lost one. Do I need to provide last 5 years of history again or can I just add my work experience since I was issued PR in March and same for address history?

Last edited:

immigrant_kane

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
@Ponga
Basically my question is, if I haven't left Canada since I got my PR in March 2023 and I am only filling out a form to replace my lost card. Do I need to fill out details of the last 5 years again under
Appendix A: Residency obligation
?

Which is section 4 in IMM5444e form.

On the Document Checklist IMM5644e the second checkbox (Proof showing that you meet the residency obligation in the past five years immediately before the application. Please refer to Appendix A of the instruction guide for a list of the documents required.) Do I need to check this box ??

Last edited:

pksajjads

Oct 22, 2014
Hi,
I'm in a bit of a weird situation right now. I did my soft landing back in June and gave my card's delivery address to a 'person' who is a friend of my friend. A few days later, I returned to my home country. Before returning, I asked the 'person' to courier my card to me once they receive it. In July, the 'person' informed me that they had received my card. Great! So, I asked the 'person' to send it to my address in my home country. But here's the weird part: for the past two months, the 'person' has been making excuses and hasn't sent me the card. Every time I reach out, there's a new excuse. I'm starting to wonder if the 'person' might be up to no good or misusing my card. I'm unsure about my next move. What do I do now? :(

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I'm in a bit of a weird situation right now. I did my soft landing back in June and gave my card's delivery address to a 'person' who is a friend of my friend. A few days later, I returned to my home country. Before returning, I asked the 'person' to courier my card to me once they receive it. In July, the 'person' informed me that they had received my card. Great! So, I asked the 'person' to send it to my address in my home country. But here's the weird part: for the past two months, the 'person' has been making excuses and hasn't sent me the card. Every time I reach out, there's a new excuse. I'm starting to wonder if the 'person' might be up to no good or misusing my card. I'm unsure about my next move. What do I do now? :(
Contact Citizenship and Immigration Canada to report what happened.

Reactions: pksajjads

simran kaur15

Feb 27, 2024
HI, I live in Calgary alberta Canada since 4 and half year ... but my 5 years in Canada ll be done at 19 june 2024 .. the reason for this message is my name simran kaur # 43 del ray CRESCENT ne .. but I lost my PR document on date 22 February 2024 ... my PR document is expired on 19 june 2024 ... but I already applied my RENEWAL of PR document ... but I didn't get it yet ... I am still waiting for my renewal PR .. .. what should I do know ???? Could you please help me ???

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
HI, I live in Calgary alberta Canada since 4 and half year ... but my 5 years in Canada ll be done at 19 june 2024 .. the reason for this message is my name simran kaur # 43 del ray CRESCENT ne .. but I lost my PR document on date 22 February 2024 ... my PR document is expired on 19 june 2024 ... but I already applied my RENEWAL of PR document ... but I didn't get it yet ... I am still waiting for my renewal PR .. .. what should I do know ???? Could you please help me ???
Just to confirm, you are in Canada right now ? You should inform IRCC about it and then just wait for new PR card .