+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost PR Card, then found it

BlueOwl

Apr 27, 2014
Hi all,

So I lost my PR card turned over my apartment and then conceded that I would have to fill out the paperwork and resubmit. I contacted them on the 11th and sent the paperwork off about ten days ago. My wife found the PR card on Friday and I am hoping to contact them to see f they can cancel the paperwork I submitted as it seems needless to wait for six months for a new card. Would anyone have any advice or a phone number to speak to CIC about this? I am hoping it can be sorted out and that I can speak to somebody about it.

Thanks in advance!

kyra15734

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
Hi, I am in the same boat, Lost my wallet which had my PR card in it, and found it again. I filled out the webform to report the loss, and also another web form to report that someone did find my wallet and delivered it along with the PR card. Is there a possibility that my PR card could be cancelled because of the initial report? I havent started the PR card replacement application as yet. Just submitted the web form to report the loss, and another to state that I have found it back. Any info on this would be hugely helpful, while I wait for IRCC's representative to process the web form information. Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I am in the same boat, Lost my wallet which had my PR card in it, and found it again. I filled out the webform to report the loss, and also another web form to report that someone did find my wallet and delivered it along with the PR card. Is there a possibility that my PR card could be cancelled because of the initial report? I havent started the PR card replacement application as yet. Just submitted the web form to report the loss, and another to state that I have found it back. Any info on this would be hugely helpful, while I wait for IRCC's representative to process the web form information. Thanks!
You can also attempt to call IRCC. Unfortunately because emails are usually viewed in order your PR card may get cancelled. You'll need to wait and see

kyra15734

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
You can also attempt to call IRCC. Unfortunately because emails are usually viewed in order your PR card may get cancelled. You'll need to wait and see
I will definitely try and call to get through to a representative by phone today (1-888-242-2100..??). I am not positive that I will get to an agent though. They seem to be pretty under-staffed, and from the threads, that isn't only due to Covid. Is there another alternative phone number or email id that I could use?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I will definitely try and call to get through to a representative by phone today (1-888-242-2100..??). I am not positive that I will get to an agent though. They seem to be pretty under-staffed, and from the threads, that isn't only due to Covid. Is there another alternative phone number or email id that I could use?
No other number. Without creating a huge customer service centre there will never be enough staff because many call daily, weekly, monthly. Given that Canada doesn't make any money processing these application and in many cases taxpayers pay a large portion of processing costs so there isn't a huge appetite expand the customer service department.