+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lost pr card before ceremony

Oct 19, 2015
Hey all,

Well, I got my notification to attend the ceremony in Jan 6th 2016 just before I left the house for Christmas. Just got back and I can't find my PR card anywhere! I have all my other docs and was sure they were all together after my interview. Have turned the apartment upside down looking for it but no idea where it could be. So I have Form IMM 5451 (Solemn Declaration Concerning a PR card that was lost...) and was going to go report to the police as well, just to be safe. However, the CIC call centre is closed and I don't know whether I should fax the completed doc when done or take it with me to the ceremony next week. I would hate to show up to the ceremony and have to reschedule if I get it wrong!

Any expert or experiential advice most welcome!

Thanks all! Happy holidays!

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
appreciatethehelp said:
Hey all,

Well, I got my notification to attend the ceremony in Jan 6th 2016 just before I left the house for Christmas. Just got back and I can't find my PR card anywhere! I have all my other docs and was sure they were all together after my interview. Have turned the apartment upside down looking for it but no idea where it could be. So I have Form IMM 5451 (Solemn Declaration Concerning a PR card that was lost...) and was going to go report to the police as well, just to be safe. However, the CIC call centre is closed and I don't know whether I should fax the completed doc when done or take it with me to the ceremony next week. I would hate to show up to the ceremony and have to reschedule if I get it wrong!

Any expert or experiential advice most welcome!

Thanks all! Happy holidays!
Relax,
You show them the police report and you will pass the ceremony.
I lost my landing paper COPR before my test, I got advice here and I showed them the replacement application, the Cic officer told me not to worry, and here I'm having my ceremony next week. God willing.
So, Relax. Every thing will be ok. Dont you panick.

Oct 19, 2015
Thanks for the reassurance! :) I called the police and they don't issue reports for lost items. So I'm just going to call CIC and notify them and bring the completed form with me to the ceremony. Can't wait for the waiting to be over! Good luck with yours next week too!

mehtapr

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
appreciatethehelp said:
Thanks for the reassurance! :) I called the police and they don't issue reports for lost items. So I'm just going to call CIC and notify them and bring the completed form with me to the ceremony. Can't wait for the waiting to be over! Good luck with yours next week too!
The guy even forgot to collect my PR and I had to remind him, I wouldn't worry too much , especially if you still have the COPR. Any proof that you have registered the complaint with police might help, if you have.

Oct 19, 2015
Thanks! I can't get anything from the police for a lost item, but I think telling CIC (which will mean it will be noted as lost and therefore can't be used again) will be enough. They'll have that logged on my file by the time I take the test, plus I'll have the form with me. I'm a worrier, though... :)

Oct 19, 2015
Just spoke to the call centre and the agent was very reassuring. There's a note on my file now stating that it is lost. She said that it won't be a problem and, if I'd like to, I could bring the form with me (which I will) but just to fax it to CIC first. Can't wait to be a citizen! Forums like these have been an absolute godsend to me during my PR and Citizenship applications. Feeling very grateful.

mehtapr

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
appreciatethehelp said:
Just spoke to the call centre and the agent was very reassuring. There's a note on my file now stating that it is lost. She said that it won't be a problem and, if I'd like to, I could bring the form with me (which I will) but just to fax it to CIC first. Can't wait to be a citizen! Forums like these have been an absolute godsend to me during my PR and Citizenship applications. Feeling very grateful.
awesome, congrats

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
appreciatethehelp said:
First of all, congratulations! I really like happy endings.

And I totally agree with you. This Forum is amazing. I panic all the time for any reason. This forum helped me (A LOT) to calm down and think clearly. One thing that I learned is, although sometimes there are some bad stories about CIC officers, the huge majority of the stories are about very nice officers almost always trying to help the applicants.

It's nice that you can just relax.
I just hope in the future you find your PR Card, so you can keep it as a souvenir, which is exactly what I wanted to do, but had to hand it over.
Cheers!