LOST PR CARD: AWAITING PRTD

gsinghsethi

Jan 3, 2023
India
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Depends a bit on local but in most places it's 2-4 weeks.
Ah! I asked the VFS staff and got a mixed response.. someone said 7-10 days while some said up to a month.. my flight leaves on Jan 28th so I do have roughly 14 working days from when I submitted the passport.. any tips to try and expedite this?

Ashdeep

Jul 19, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone!

I do have an update on my situation, and I have listed my timeline below:

Dec 29 (8am, ET): Applied online PR Portal
Jan 9 (pm, ET): Received passport submission request
Jan 11 (am, ET): Submitted passport to VFS Global via scheduled appointment with VFSGlobal
Jan 11 (pm, ET): Passport received at Delhi High Commission

Does anyone know how much more time this process could take? Has anyone submitted their passport for PRTD stamping after losing their PR Card? The VFS employees had a variable response. Someone said it could take 1 month, some said it would only take 7-10 days.

More notes:
1. I have been a PR for 10 months
2. I have lived in Canada, and filed taxes from 2016
3. I was able to reach out to a contact in the government who possibly may have helped expedite the process so far.
Hi there

I have to submit my mothers passport I am planning to do it by courier did you have to submit consent form. I wasnt sure what is that. Because my mothers PR card has been expired and she has been PR since 2012 so what should she sign for biometrics?
Thank you

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ah! I asked the VFS staff and got a mixed response.. someone said 7-10 days while some said up to a month.. my flight leaves on Jan 28th so I do have roughly 14 working days from when I submitted the passport.. any tips to try and expedite this?
Get it in sooner. I was being a bit pessimistic but two weeks in most places might work. Just no guarantees.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there

I have to submit my mothers passport I am planning to do it by courier did you have to submit consent form. I wasnt sure what is that. Because my mothers PR card has been expired and she has been PR since 2012 so what should she sign for biometrics?
Thank you
Does she currently meet her RO?

Ashdeep

Jul 19, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does she currently meet her RO?
Yes she was away for about 123 days in last 5 years. On the passport request they asked for copy of letter and passport but when i was trying to book courier its showing consent form as well. So I was not sure about that.

go.quebec

Mar 19, 2017
I applied on Dec 27 ( urgent processing) through the Online portal... Nothing till today
Did your PR card was lost or stolen? Do we need a police report even if it is lost?
I applied for PRTD as well as I have to return along with my family.

gsinghsethi

Jan 3, 2023
India
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi there

Thank you

Typically biometrics are valid for 10 years, I am not an expert in your situation so I will let other answer your question. FYI - I wasn't asked to submit my passport via courier, if you have the ability to submit via a VFS/VAC go through that, it will be probably quicker.

Good luck!

furrukhrao

Jun 13, 2015
Your passport must be received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter.

It does not specify a particular vac. Your passport can be submitted in the country where you are currently residing. Please note that depending on the country in which you are located, transit times to receive your passport could take up to 2-3 weeks.
Everything is with VFS its easy but VFS is a money making machine however since you have no choice so its fine. You will receive your PP in a week or less.

go.quebec

Mar 19, 2017
Its been over a week now that I have submitted urgent PRTD application with no update.
1. Does the VO in India takes local holidays too, like for Indian festivals etc?
2. I am also concerned that I did not submit a police report as I thought that a police report is not required for lost card, but, rather needed for stolen ones. I could not find this on CIC website though. However, I do have launched a complaint now and waiting for a report too.
3. Should I submit a webform with the initial acknowledgement that I have which is sent to police department, so that IRCC is aware that I have initiated this step, if they are very keen to have this in case.

Also any of you who lost their PR card submitted the IMM5451 form to IRCC before getting a PRTD?.

Last edited:

gsinghsethi

Jan 3, 2023
India
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Its been over a week now that I have submitted urgent PRTD application with no update.
1. Does the VO in India takes local holidays too, like for Indian festivals etc?
2. I am also concerned that I did not submit a police report as I thought that a police report is not required for lost card, but, rather needed for stolen ones. I could not find this on CIC website though. However, I do have launched a complaint now and waiting for a report too.
3. Should I submit a webform with the initial acknowledgement that I have which is sent to police department, so that IRCC is aware that I have initiated this step, if they are very keen to have this in case.

Also any of you who lost their PR card submitted the IMM5451 form to IRCC before getting a PRTD?.
I responded to go.quebec privately: Yes you need a police report. Yes you should submit a webform or try to contact the IRCC to update your application. Ideally you should upload a police report while submitting your application on the portal.

gsinghsethi

Jan 3, 2023
India
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Is this for Delhi/India? My flight is for the 28th, and I am now stressed and frustrated. How does a simple process of putting a sticker on a passport take so long. Clearly I have been approved by the IRCC and its only a matter of stamping the passport. Hate bureaucracy.

Quick update: I tracked my application online and got the notice that the decision envelope has been dispatched from the IRCC to VAC. Hoping to receive the pp soon.

gsinghsethi

Jan 3, 2023
India
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Final update and timeline:

Dec 29 (8am, ET): Applied online PR Portal
Jan 9 (pm, ET): Received passport submission request
Jan 11 (am, IST): Submitted passport to VFS Global via scheduled appointment with VFSGlobal
Jan 12 (am, IST): Passport received at Delhi High Commission
Jan 19 (am, IST): Passport dispatched to VFS
Jan 19 (pm, IST): Passport with multiple entry PRTD valid for 1 year picked up

Notes:
1. I submitted lost PR police report (in French) and applied online
2. Nearest VFS and Consulate: Delhi
3. At every step I was able to use some of government contacts to potentially speed up the process
(I don't think this really helped because the above timeline seems quite typical)
4. I missed my flight on Jan 8th (They did not consider my urgent travel)
5. Application was marked as Urgent