LOST PR CARD: AWAITING PRTD

gsinghsethi

Jan 3, 2023
India
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi all - I applied for a PRTD after losing my PR Card in a train theft in Brussels. I also lost my passport and US visa in the process. I traveled to India on an Emergency Certificate, and I am now awaiting PRTD. I applied on Dec 29 (am, EST) but haven't heard back anything from either the IRCC or Delhi High Commission.

I applied through the newly launched PR Portal and I have been waiting for 6 working days so far.

Has anyone gone through this experience? I have urgent work in Canada for which I want to be back before the 25th. Does anyone know the typical processing time for the PRTD through Delhi for a lost PR card? Thank you very much. I will update my progress here.

gsinghsethi

Jan 3, 2023
India
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
If anyone has gone through a similar situation, please post your timeline here, along with application center/city.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all - I applied for a PRTD after losing my PR Card in a train theft in Brussels. I also lost my passport and US visa in the process. I traveled to India on an Emergency Certificate, and I am now awaiting PRTD. I applied on Jan 29 (am, EST) but haven't heard back anything from either the IRCC or Delhi High Commission.

I applied through the newly launched PR Portal and I have been waiting for 6 working days so far.

Has anyone gone through this experience? I have urgent work in Canada for which I want to be back before the 25th. Does anyone know the typical processing time for the PRTD through Delhi for a lost PR card? Thank you very much. I will update my progress here.
Jan 29th? Do you mean December 29th?

gsinghsethi

Jan 3, 2023
India
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Thank you for pointing that out, scylla! I've now corrected this. Did you go through the same process? I may have already asked you this question.

furrukhrao

Jun 13, 2015
Hi all - I applied for a PRTD after losing my PR Card in a train theft in Brussels. I also lost my passport and US visa in the process. I traveled to India on an Emergency Certificate, and I am now awaiting PRTD. I applied on Dec 29 (am, EST) but haven't heard back anything from either the IRCC or Delhi High Commission.

The total process take 10-15 days don't worry you will get PRTD within this timeframe.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The total process take 10-15 days don't worry you will get PRTD within this timeframe.
Source?

While I can appreciate your optimism, it's impossible to say that the PRTD will be processed and received within 15 days...espescially with the current plethora of `issues' people are reporting with the online process.

mbv747

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
I applied on Dec 27 ( urgent processing) through the Online portal... Nothing till today

furrukhrao

Jun 13, 2015
Source?

While I can appreciate your optimism, it's impossible to say that the PRTD will be processed and received within 15 days...espescially with the current plethora of `issues' people are reporting with the online process.
It depends on various factors if you are like 2-4 years old resident with Taxes, Mortgage, Bank Records, T4 and residence in Canada when you apply online it hardly take 1-2 weeks for them to verify you that's it. I have seen 15-45 days it depends on different factors.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It depends on various factors if you are like 2-4 years old resident with Taxes, Mortgage, Bank Records, T4 and residence in Canada when you apply online it hardly take 1-2 weeks for them to verify you that's it. I have seen 15-45 days it depends on different factors.
So, why are you convinced that it will only take 10-15 days for for the OP, not knowing the details surrounding their PR?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It also depends on how busy the VO is. India seems to have some of the longer backlogs. It is really impossible to guarantee how long processing will take and on top of that you had holidays impacting processing times and backlogs.

gsinghsethi

Jan 3, 2023
India
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi Everyone!

I do have an update on my situation, and I have listed my timeline below:

Dec 29 (8am, ET): Applied online PR Portal
Jan 9 (pm, ET): Received passport submission request
Jan 11 (am, ET): Submitted passport to VFS Global via scheduled appointment with VFSGlobal
Jan 11 (pm, ET): Passport received at Delhi High Commission

Does anyone know how much more time this process could take? Has anyone submitted their passport for PRTD stamping after losing their PR Card? The VFS employees had a variable response. Someone said it could take 1 month, some said it would only take 7-10 days.

More notes:
1. I have been a PR for 10 months
2. I have lived in Canada, and filed taxes from 2016
3. I was able to reach out to a contact in the government who possibly may have helped expedite the process so far.

mbv747

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi Everyone!

I do have an update on my situation, and I have listed my timeline below:

Dec 29 (8am, ET): Applied online PR Portal
Jan 9 (pm, ET): Received passport submission request
Jan 11 (am, ET): Submitted passport to VFS Global via scheduled appointment with VFSGlobal
Jan 11 (pm, ET): Passport received at Delhi High Commission

Does anyone know how much more time this process could take? Has anyone submitted their passport for PRTD stamping after losing their PR Card? The VFS employees had a variable response. Someone said it could take 1 month, some said it would only take 7-10 days.

More notes:
1. I have been a PR for 10 months
2. I have lived in Canada, and filed taxes from 2016
3. I was able to reach out to a contact in the government who possibly may have helped expedite the process so far.

I applied online on Dec 27 and Still nothing, do you mind answering those 2 questions ?

1- Does the approval email specify how many days maximum you should submit your passport to VFS center?
2- Does the email specify which VFS center ? because I applied from country A and now I'm in country B?

Cheers

gsinghsethi

Jan 3, 2023
India
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Your passport must be received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter.

It does not specify a particular vac. Your passport can be submitted in the country where you are currently residing. Please note that depending on the country in which you are located, transit times to receive your passport could take up to 2-3 weeks.

Reactions: armoured