+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost PR Card and Lost passport, citizenship test/interview in 1 month

kkochhar44

Jan 25, 2020
Hey Folks,

So i lost my 2 Indian passports, one was active and the other one expired along with the Canadian PR Card. I reported to Toronto Police and have an officers synopsis stating that, no GO report. I reported the lost documents to the police couple of days back and reapplied for a new PR card on 24th Jan 2020 requesting based on the police report.
I have gotten a new Indian Passport but i dont have a valid PR card at the moment in my hands, the current processing time states 27 days,i have a citizenship test/interview date of 19th feb 2020 assigned to me, i got the email notification the same night(24th Jan, after i submitted my application for PR card) that i re-submitted my PR card as it was lost.

Questions;
1. What should i do about this test date as i wont have a PR card to show to the officer? I dont anticipate a card in hand before the 19th Feb 2020 test date?
2. What should i do about the passport situation?, can i bring in photocopies of the pages?, i think i might have more than 80-90% of the stamps!, i did authorize them to collect from the CBSA to collect information. Can i do anything in conjunction to make the stamp verification easier?
3. Should i inform by post to the actual address that i have lost them and that i only have a passport and then resend with the PR card photocopy once i have received the new card?

I am in a dilema at the moment and would help your advice or past experience, specially if people have been through a similar situation.

Many thanks for your help in advance.