+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lost passport before landing. what should i do?

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
Yes, do something. Don't wait for 90 days because there is a very small chance that you could get ur passport back while the visa is still valid.

Do not let your visa expired. When it's expired, it becomes ur problems - not theirs. So don't listen to something that makes your feel uncomfortable.

Saraki

Jun 9, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2013
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
08-06-2015 PNP
AOR Received.
24-05-2015 EE
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
Not Applicable
Med's Request
Upfront medical
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
Interview........
Won't be needed
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
I can only imagine how traumatic this experience must have been. So glad to see you got ur PR in the end!

karenv said:
We received passport requests. We sent our passports to Ottawa. The return tracker was activated and it said the passports were delivered to my house 2 weeks ago. But i didn't receive anything. We checked with canada post and they said our passports are lost.

so we lost our passport, visa stamps and COPR. Do you know what should i do? Will CIC reissue visa stamps for our PR?

It's so unlucky at the last step after a long wait.

sumitk12345

Jan 22, 2014
No Need to worry. They already issued to PR Visas on your passport...You must have photocopy of your lost passport.. Get it with you and they will check in their system that they issued visas to this passport no. or not..Once it confirmed, they will reissue VISA once you have new passports...They will not cancel PR...This is not a small kid game if you lost passport they will cancel your VISA...They are wise people.

samsun387

Jun 12, 2015
sumitk12345 said:
No Need to worry. They already issued to PR Visas on your passport...You must have photocopy of your lost passport.. Get it with you and they will check in their system that they issued visas to this passport no. or not..Once it confirmed, they will reissue VISA once you have new passports...They will not cancel PR...This is not a small kid game if you lost passport they will cancel your VISA...They are wise people.
Im in the same frustrating situation except mine was lost on the mail back from cic in Hong Kong. Which means i wont be able to optain a post office ticket. Plus the Hong Kong cic did reply my email, with no help but telling us to check with the local post office which i already emphasized we did it several times already.
I'm sure they are wise ppl but my case is that my med exam record is expiring in 2 weeks, and I can't get confirmation from anywhere about my passport being lost. Therefore I'm not sure if I can file it lost to the police or not.
There is no way this mess will be solved before my med record expire. So I really hope ppl work in CIC are wise ppl that would reissue my visa instead of asking me to re apply...

Penelope18

May 27, 2015
samsun387 said:
Im in the same frustrating situation except mine was lost on the mail back from cic in Hong Kong. Which means i wont be able to optain a post office ticket. Plus the Hong Kong cic did reply my email, with no help but telling us to check with the local post office which i already emphasized we did it several times already.
I'm sure they are wise ppl but my case is that my med exam record is expiring in 2 weeks, and I can't get confirmation from anywhere about my passport being lost. Therefore I'm not sure if I can file it lost to the police or not.
There is no way this mess will be solved before my med record expire. So I really hope ppl work in CIC are wise ppl that would reissue my visa instead of asking me to re apply...

Report it to the police, you may need it for the future...Im very happy to inform that CIC emailed me and they just want me to resend them back once i get my new passport.. with additional documents.... So thanks God and ofcourse to Karenv....

samsun387

Jun 12, 2015
Penelope18 said:
Report it to the police, you may need it for the future...Im very happy to inform that CIC emailed me and they just want me to resend them back once i get my new passport.. with additional documents.... So thanks God and ofcourse to Karenv....
Great news Penelope18! Good luck!

This issue has been wearing both me and my husband out..I think I can't help but check hk and canada post 20 times a day......

We have contacted our MP and her assistant has emailed CIC HK for us. Our visa is expiring on July 3rd. I think the chance of finding the package is very slim..

What additional document did they require from you?

Penelope18

May 27, 2015
samsun387 said:
Great news Penelope18! Good luck!

This issue has been wearing both me and my husband out..I think I can't help but check hk and canada post 20 times a day......

We have contacted our MP and her assistant has emailed CIC HK for us. Our visa is expiring on July 3rd. I think the chance of finding the package is very slim..

What additional document did they require from you?
just the police report confirming it was really lost and their emails. The CIC will ask you again for your passport.. If its really lost you have to get a new one..

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
Penelope18 said:
Congrats! You were lucky that you get replies from CIC. How long did it take CIC to respond to your email?

samsun387

Jun 12, 2015
Penelope18 said:
just the police report confirming it was really lost and their emails. The CIC will ask you again for your passport.. If its really lost you have to get a new one..
We received our package yesterday and we landed today!! We are so happy :)

Penelope18

May 27, 2015
karenv said:
Congrats! You were lucky that you get replies from CIC. How long did it take CIC to respond to your email?
I emailed them June 1st and 2nd, they replied me on the 10th, its just a week and they phoned me on 11th to confirm that we don't need to pay the verification of status...

Randy.Orton

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Penelope18 said:
I emailed them June 1st and 2nd, they replied me on the 10th, its just a week and they phoned me on 11th to confirm that we don't need to pay the verification of status...
Hi karenv & Penelope18,

My passport and CoPR got lost or stolen. I am in a similar position, my CoPR and passport with Visa got stolen from my mailbox and the police have caught the guy, but could't find the documents. Can you tell me if I am safe? I am very worried and wants to know when CIC replies to the email and what additional documents are required now?

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
I do not know when CIC would respond to you. CIC never replied to my email and I waited for a month.

You need to get your new passport first. File a lost report with police. Send CIC an email and waiting for their answers.

If you have been waited for a month, you can contact your MP to ask for help.

If your COPR does not expire, CIC will issue COPR again on your new passport without any problems.

Randy.Orton

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karenv said:
I do not know when CIC would respond to you. CIC never replied to my email and I waited for a month.

You need to get your new passport first. File a lost report with police. Send CIC an email and waiting for their answers.

If your COPR does not expire, CIC will issue COPR again on your new passport without any problems.
Hi,

Thanks for your response. I have already applied for my New passport, should receive it within a week. CIC has already been contacted by no response yet, and I am waiting for 5 days.

I have already contacted my MP. They're very nice people, but the lady told me that CIC agent has already sent them a note, so they can't do much now. I just have to wait.

I have a planned trip for which I can't get my money back. So, I thought maybe I can rush things a bit.

Anyway, good to know that it won't be an issue to get a new CoPR. Which Courier did you use now? I have lost all my faith on Canada Post.

Randy.Orton

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karenv said:

Moreover, will they take less time to return the passport now? I remember last time they took around 2 weeks to return the passport.