+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lost old passport ? should I be worried ? any similar experience

Biker4345

Sep 24, 2011
Hello everyone ,
your help/comment would be greatly appreciated .
I am worried about my situation , my passport got lost.
I have many documents to proof my presence (pay stubs , bank statements , CBSA record ,rent even board passes when I traveled .. etc) , however I have some questions that
are bugging me and I can't find answers anywhere .
- would it take longer to process my application than usual ?
- would I get RQ 100%?
- should I be worried about anything ?

Randypandy

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI Biker

Did you apply for the Citizen ship yet or not ? if you already applied it, then how long ago you applied ?

What you mentioned about your lost PP in Application ?

As per my understanding in recent past if you applied at least 4-6 month back by this time you would have got RQ about your old PP.

Hope you stay postive and things will be lined up in your favor.

randy

Biker4345

Sep 24, 2011
tkx for the reply
I just applied a few days ago .
when you said that I ll get RQ within 4-6 months , I was wondering if you were in the same situation ?

Randypandy

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI Yes I applied last week. what i mean with 4-6 months is that by that period initila review of your documents should be completed and if they need any extra or missing docs they will ask for RQ. hope this clear .

randy

Biker4345

Sep 24, 2011
tkx Randy , hope everything goes smoothly for us .
better get RQ in the beginning of the process than get it after a year or two.
I think it all depends on how much proof you have to show your 1095 days spent in canada.
;D

Randypandy

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Biker

Totally agree that having an RQ at early stge will reduce the process time. Also the supporting document we provide makes a big deal i belive.

Which provence you applied by the way. I am from Toronto.

randy

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
In some countries they even take the old passport while exchanging it for a new one. You shouldn't worry as long as you have enough proof of your residency time in Canada.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Biker4345 said:
Hello everyone ,
your help/comment would be greatly appreciated .
I am worried about my situation , my passport got lost.
I have many documents to proof my presence (pay stubs , bank statements , CBSA record ,rent even board passes when I traveled .. etc) , however I have some questions that
are bugging me and I can't find answers anywhere .
- would it take longer to process my application than usual ?
- would I get RQ 100%?
- should I be worried about anything ?
A lost passport especially if it covers any of the 4 year qualifying period has historically been a red flag to CIC because many frauds conveniently lose passports to cover absences from Canada. A copy of the biographical page of the passport is required for the application...did you highlight the fact that you lost the passport? Else CIC will assume you forgot to include it and return the application as incomplete. Did you report the passport loss? Do you have any documentation from the Police/ statutory declaration on this?

You may get an RQ so its good that you have some solid active evidence of your presence in Canada. CBSA records only show entries and CIC could argue that you haven't presented all boarding passes. It maybe a good idea to apply for your provincial health billing records as this show any medical visits as proof you were physically present in Canada.

If you get an RQ your application will be classed as non routine - CIC quoting processing for this as 35 months for 80% of applications from Oct 2011 - to Sep 2012. There was a surge of applications last year to beat the language tests and cuts to staffing levels/closure of CIC offices so I don't see how the 35 month timeline will remain static..unless the RQ process is streamlined.

You wont know really until CIC contact you...hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Biker4345

Sep 24, 2011
Tkx for all the relies , its very appreciated .
You are right msafiri , some people tried to take advantage of the system by losing their passport ,but I do have solid proof of my physical presence in Canada . I kept all my etickets and I have only been out of the country about 3 times to the states . I can also request my travel record from CBSA and the us as well . pay stubs are also crutial in this situtation .

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Biker4345 said:
Tkx for all the relies , its very appreciated .
You are right msafiri , some people tried to take advantage of the system by losing their passport ,but I do have solid proof of my physical presence in Canada . I kept all my etickets and I have only been out of the country about 3 times to the states . I can also request my travel record from CBSA and the us as well . pay stubs are also crutial in this situtation .
A few rotten apples spoilt it for others resulting in spike of RQs from mid 2012 but CIC were too slack and share the blame for residence fraud. Citizenship application forms now have a section giving CIC consent to get your CBSA records...did you agree to this? CBP traveller history requests taking 6+ months to process at this time so best apply ASAP.

Randypandy

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri

I just sent my application a week ago and i gave consent to CIC to get my CBSA records, do you think that will speed up the process?
I traveled out of canada for 50+ days in multiple trips for a valid family emergency. I am hoping it wont delay my process.

randy

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Our situations are quite similar. I did give them consent and I've been out of the country no longer than a month. I hope with new forms that have consent included the process will get faster.

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri said:
A few rotten apples spoilt it for others resulting in spike of RQs from mid 2012 but CIC were too slack and share the blame for residence fraud. Citizenship application forms now have a section giving CIC consent to get your CBSA records...did you agree to this? CBP traveller history requests taking 6+ months to process at this time so best apply ASAP.
It's not a few rotten apples, but CIC and Kenney spoiled it-- they're in charge of process and are responsible to deliver. We're paying their salaries through taxes and fees. If they can't run it and think immigration and immigrants concerns are unnecessary for Canada, then just close the shop, or let others run it.

Rotten apples are everywhere, by the way, frauds are in every agency, every sphere, in every country, by all sorts of people, but nowhere it takes 25 for "routine" application and a conveniently made up 2nd class of applicants with 35 months timeline being shoved off as "non-routine" based on some made-up overreaching pre-test RQ criteria (e.g. A5 - Self-identified as a consultant, self-employed or unemployed, with any travel during the relevant 4 year period. As reveled from CIC internal communication-- "The majority of automatic RQs as per the triage criteria/risk indicators are due to: A5 -- majority due to this indicator".), but not on valid concerns worth of prompting residence investigation and delaying application for years.

The rhetoric and tactics of justification of punishing the whole society with brutal overreaching measures hurting everyone because of "few rotten apples" is exactly a collectivist totalitarian concept. The best societies were not built on a collectivist principles that normal people should agree to bow and suffer because of few outlaws.

galingal

Oct 4, 2012
My old passport got lost too. Here is my experience, I didn't get RQ and I took the test after 14 months and on the test day, I was asked to show my landing visa which is in the passport got lost but I had CBSA and the records of the country I am from also. They sent all my docs to someone in that office and let me take the test. After the test they called me for interview. And the proofs showed that I've been living here. A month later I got a oat letter and now I'm a Canadian. :) don't worry if you live here, they know.
Good luck