+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost of Status, What should I do now

richard989

Nov 13, 2019
I was a foreign worker with a 3 year work permit which was expired in Aug 7th. This work permit is a postgraduate work permit which I got after I graduated from a Canadian College. Before my work permit expired on July 26th, I have applied for a status change from worker to visitor. However today I received a refuse letter which I have posted below. Basically they refuse me because I put the reason as study for 6 months in UOT. And it was not acceptable because my status expiry date are less than 6 months, then it requires a study permit. Now I just want to get a visitor status so I can wait for my PR results (CIC says estimated date is April 2020). I am so terrified now, is there someone who can provide some advice for me? Thank you so much

This letter refers to your application for a Visitor Record.
Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused.
[X] A foreign national is authorized to study in Canada without a study permit if the program of study will be completed within the period of stay authorized upon entry into Canada and the duration of the program is six months or less. An application to obtain a study permit to further pursue a program of study must be made outside Canada.
[X] We also wish to advise you that your temporary resident status expired on November 13th, 2019.
You may apply for restoration if, within 90 days from the expiry of your temporary resident status, you submit:
 a completed application form;
 applicable fees for restoration and for the immigration document(s). Payments should be made online at www.cic.gc.ca. When you are finished, you must print the receipt of payment and include it with your application.
 all required documents in support of your application.
Please consult the section “Restoration of status” in the application guide: “Applying to change conditions or extend your stay in Canada”. Restoration applies to each member who has lost his or her status. Please note that there is no guarantee your application will be accepted.
Should you choose not to apply for restoration of your status, you will remain a person without legal Temporary Resident Status and as such will be required to leave Canada immediately. If you do not leave Canada voluntarily, enforcement action may be taken against you.
Register My Application

richard989

Nov 13, 2019
Also, I am out of status now, and it has passed 90 days due to a slow processing time. Does that mean I have to leave Canada Now? I am so sad, it was all my fault.

richard989

Nov 13, 2019
You are out of status on November 13. Your 90 days to restore starts on November 13.
Hi K.h.p. Thank you so much for your replay. I do have a question, my previous status was worker, but I am not able to extend it because I did not apply for LMIA. How can I get a visitor visa then?