+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost my work permit, please help

ykyyottc

Aug 20, 2018
I am currently in Toronto. But when I apply for the work permit, I am still in my previous location in Ontario. I try to change my location in CIC, but it seems the CIC missed my request, and still send my work permit to my previous location. The people are now in my old location seems to deal with the letter with my work permit as trash. So I wonder if there any way to get a new work permit as soon as possible. So please give me a hand to help.

I found another thread that may share the same problem with me, what I care is where could I find a place to reprint a copy right away and pay the $30.

The thread link is
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/lost-work-permit-please-help.116419/

Appreciate for the help of any kind.

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon ,

Many thanks for helping everyone in this forum!

I need your guidance on a very specific issue for which I couldn't find a solution on this forum or on the internet. In my case, my employer had filed for an extension of a closed work permit by appointing an immigration consultant. The consultant had put my address on the application and I had moved out from the address before the application got approved.

I had requested IRCC to update the address via web form, but it seems the application was approved before the address change was in-effect and thus the status document has been sent to the former address.

When the consultant informed me that the document has been sent to the former address, I tried to find the document with help of the landlord and the current occupant and it seems the document is not traceable or maybe the current occupant dumped it in the trash.

Could you please advise, what could be the best course of action here?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,

Many thanks for helping everyone in this forum!

I need your guidance on a very specific issue for which I couldn't find a solution on this forum or on the internet. In my case, my employer had filed for an extension of a closed work permit by appointing an immigration consultant. The consultant had put my address on the application and I had moved out from the address before the application got approved.

I had requested IRCC to update the address via web form, but it seems the application was approved before the address change was in-effect and thus the status document has been sent to the former address.

When the consultant informed me that the document has been sent to the former address, I tried to find the document with help of the landlord and the current occupant and it seems the document is not traceable or maybe the current occupant dumped it in the trash.

Could you please advise, what could be the best course of action here?
You can request IRCC to re-issue the document as it was lost. You can get a replacement:

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=175&top=17

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-verification-status-replacement-immigration-document.html

A replacement document will be sent to you.

Hope this answers your questions.