+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost my PR card, but it was found

himezo

Apr 2, 2009
Hello there,

I lost my PR card in June and I reported about it through the IRCC web form, but my PR card was found today. I do not apply to replace new card yet, but should I do it?
I would appreciate if someone can help me.

Thank you.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello there,

I lost my PR card in June and I reported about it through the IRCC web form, but my PR card was found today. I do not apply to replace new card yet, but should I do it?

Thank you.
If you reported it as lost or stolen, it's probably been cancelled. You should check and if it has, you can order a new one.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=047&top=10

"Either way, you have to tell us what happened so we can prevent your card from being used by someone else."

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017

nader.mlt

Aug 6, 2019
Hello there,

Thank you.

I am dealing with the same situation, reported my PR lost but just found it a couple of days later. I was wondering what happened in your case, did you end up getting a new one or your old one still worked. . thanks

kyra15734

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
Hi Nader, I am in the same boat. I lost my wallet with my PR card yesterday (Dec 20, 2020), submitted the web form. I found it today, coz someone found my wallet and returned it to a bank branch. I already submitted a web form today using the "withdraw application" option (even though, technically, I hadn't started the application, and it was only a report). What happened in your case? did it all work out okay? what is the best way to ask them to disregard the first loss-report filing? Please do let me know. Thanks in advance!

I am dealing with the same situation, reported my PR lost but just found it a couple of days later. I was wondering what happened in your case, did you end up getting a new one or your old one still worked. . thanks