+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LOST MY PR CARD BEFORE OATHTAKING CEREMONY

Markbufipogi

May 25, 2024
Hi everyone, I’m under pressure at the moment because I just realized today that my wallet is missing and my pr card is in my wallet that is currently missing, and I’m having my citizenship oath taking ceremony this coming monday which is in 2 Days. I already called the police in my city because I got my other cards too in my wallet. I know that pr card is need to be at the ceremony because you need to cut in 4 pieces. So I don’t know if they will reschedule me or I will still be able to take my oath taking ceremony.

Last edited:

forevermore76

Star Member
May 19, 2024
Hi everyone, I’m under pressure at the moment because I just realized today that my wallet is missing and my pr card is in my wallet that is currently missing, and I’m having my citizenship oath taking ceremony this coming monday which is in 2 Days. I already called the police in my city because I got my other cards too in my wallet. I know that pr card is need to be at the ceremony because you need to cut in 4 pieces. So I don’t know if they will reschedule me or I will still be able to take my oath taking ceremony.
1. Submit IMM5451.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/solemn-declaration-lost-stolen-destroyed-never-received-permanent-resident-card.html

2. Submit a webform to IRCC referencing your citizenship application mentioning you have lost your card and submitted a solemn declaration.

It's very unlikely they will respond to webform before your oath so let the officer know what had happened. Keep a copy of IMM5451 handy as they will very likely ask for it during oath.

You should also read this thread.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/lost-pr-card-near-oath-ceremony-and-did-not-replace-it.784847/

Baanayaad

Mar 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28/07/14 (AINP), 12/02/16 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
13/07/16
Nomination.....
22/08/15
AOR Received.
21/04/16
Med's Done....
10-01-2017 (passed)
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
This happened to me and this is what I did.

1) Got a police report for the wallet and all cards stolen or lost. Get the police report number.
2) Fill out a solemn declaration form, sign and submit it to the IRCC email address on your oath invitation.
3) I sent an email to the IRCC office and explained the situation. They actually called me and told me that I should gather as many pieces of Identification as possible ie birth certificate, COPR, passport (in my case, expired) and show them this at the oath ceremony.

They told me that they had all the photos submitted to them over the years (study permit, work permit, etc). The IRCC officer at the oath ceremony confirmed they had my signed solemn declaration and asked me to show them my expired passport, and the old scan I had of my valid provincial ID. And I am now a Canadian.

You only have a few days but I had 2 weeks so if I were in your shoes, I would do the web form, attend the ceremony (even if it's virtual) and bring all the documents mentioned above.

Last edited: