+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost my passport need to reapply for visa(please help)

kjaspreet

Jan 5, 2018

Hi,

I am International Student. I lost my Indian passport and I reported it to RCMP. I have my study permit, co-op permit and police report number. Last week, I got my new passport. But I am sure where to re apply for my visa. Do I have to do my medical test again? Do I need to replace my study and co-op work permit as well?

goldencanada

Star Member
May 4, 2014
Keep calm. It happens.

I lost my passport when I was a student. When you go to CGI, you will be given 2 years emergency passport. Make sure when you apply for work permit after you finish your studies, extend your passport to 10 years (you can use BLS International).

You can apply for visa if you want to travel India. There is no need for Medical, study permit and co-op work permit as long as you have a scanned copy of them.

Rabb rakha!

kjaspreet

Jan 5, 2018
Keep calm. It happens.

I lost my passport when I was a student. When you go to CGI, you will be given 2 years emergency passport. Make sure when you apply for work permit after you finish your studies, extend your passport to 10 years (you can use BLS International).

You can apply for visa if you want to travel India. There is no need for Medical, study permit and co-op work permit as long as you have a scanned copy of them.

Rabb rakha!
Hi

Thank you very much. Yeah, I want to travel to India. Can you please tell me where can I apply for my Visa?

goldencanada

Star Member
May 4, 2014
Hi

Thank you very much. Yeah, I want to travel to India. Can you please tell me where can I apply for my Visa?
Call CIC first to report them that you lost your Passport and TRV. Mention that you had filed Police complaint and received an emergency passport from CGI.

Apply for TRV using a normal application, attach police complaint report where it is specified that the Passport was lost. Add a letter of explanation the reason stating that passport was lost.

I would recommend going to BLS International and applying for a passport renewal application so that you can get a new passport with 10 years validity. You can file your passport renewal application anytime whether passport is expiring in 3 months or 2 years.

When you get that passport, apply for TRV again. Otherwise, TRV stamp's expiry date will match with emergency passport's expiry date.

Reactions: 123kaur

123kaur

Sep 20, 2017

Hi,

I am International Student. I lost my Indian passport and I reported it to RCMP. I have my study permit, co-op permit and police report number. Last week, I got my new passport. But I am sure where to re apply for my visa. Do I have to do my medical test again? Do I need to replace my study and co-op work permit as well?
How you lost your passport??