+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost my indian passport and COPR (Urgent)

SSethi

Dec 6, 2016
Hi
I lost my passport and COPR document. I applied verification of status but that will take 6 months. I need any document which can show my category and then need to submit it to High commission India so that they can reissue my passport.
I have travel plans to India after 2 months.
Please let me know if anybody can help me and suggest me.

Thanks,

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi
I lost my passport and COPR document. I applied verification of status but that will take 6 months. I need any document which can show my category and then need to submit it to High commission India so that they can reissue my passport.

Thanks,
Hi

There is no point in aoplying for VoS. Just contact the VO to submit your new passport and have the COPR re-issued.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thanks for your reply. what do you mean by VO? They don't reissue COPR now.
What is your current status in Canada? Are you a Permanent Resident now or are you still on a Temporary Resident Visa?

If you are a PR, do you have a valid PR card?

I understand that a new passport will not issued for India if you are unable to prove your current status. Is this correct?

SSethi

Dec 6, 2016
Hi
Yes, I am a permanent resident and I do have a PR card. They are asking my landing document to reissue my lost passport. I came as a student in Canada.
Now they don't reissue COPR and the only way to get landing document is back is apply for verification of status. This document has a processing time of 6 months.
Thanks,

Nkaur45

Mar 19, 2017
Hi

Thanks,
Hi friend,

I have lost my pr card and passport. Could you please help me with the process how did you get your documents back. I am in very bad situation. My bag full of all personal documents including passport pr card education docs and experience ceritifates has been stolen in montreal yesterday.

Aarti123

Jan 4, 2018
Hi
Yes, I am a permanent resident and I do have a PR card. They are asking my landing document to reissue my lost passport. I came as a student in Canada.
Now they don't reissue COPR and the only way to get landing document is back is apply for verification of status. This document has a processing time of 6 months.
Thanks,
hi there,

what did you end up doing ?

Shiva.krish

Oct 29, 2019
Hi
Thanks,
Hi,

I am in same situation as you , could you please tell me when did you received the VOS and is there any alternate option that speed up my process to get new passport. Indian consulate does require VOS or IRB form from Canadian authorities. Can you please share your experience that would really helpful

Aarti123

Jan 4, 2018
Hi,

I am in same situation as you , could you please tell me when did you received the VOS and is there any alternate option that speed up my process to get new passport. Indian consulate does require VOS or IRB form from Canadian authorities. Can you please share your experience that would really helpful
Hi guys! I lost my copr this year January and applied for the VOS. Even though the website states 6mths processing time, I received it within a month.

Almostther

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys, I had lost my passport and COPR when I was off boarding taxi in Montreal on 8th November 2019 when I was there for an interview. Here are the steps I took.

1. Visited police station on 9th and registered police report. Mentioned passport number and details, this is extremely important.
2. Visited Indian consulate on 12th November and enquired about the process.
3. Mailed to police archives in Montreal to get the police report on the same day with applicable fee.
4. Applied for VOS on 14th November ( as I read in this forum that it is necessary to apply for passport)
5. My guaranteed one day express mail reached Montreal in a week(on 19th November), thanks to Canada post..
6. I received police report on my email as I chose the same on 21st November(in 2 days)
7. Filled online passport form, took printout along with necessary photocopies and applied for tatkal passport in CGI on 22nd November.
8. All they saw was my PR and driving license and I received the passport on the same day.

They didn’t even ask about COPR and the officer mentioned my PR card expiry date on the application for her record.

My advise is don’t take these documents unless you have absolutely need to. I lost my slept for 2 weeks. If this happens, follow above steps and be relaxed, CGI officer is there to help you, not make your life hell further in a foreign country.

Almostther

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Another update that although the processing time for VOS is 6 months as per CIC. I received mine in 3 weeks to my email ID.

umghz

Dec 30, 2019
Hey Almostther,

I am in a similar situation and lost my passport recently in Toronto. I have filed a police report but they did not give me the physical copy of the police report and instead gave me a report number. How did you manage to get a copy of the report on your email?