+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost my indian passport and COPR (Urgent)

Discussion in 'Permanent Residence in Canada' started by SSethi, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Hi
    I lost my passport and COPR document. I applied verification of status but that will take 6 months. I need any document which can show my category and then need to submit it to High commission India so that they can reissue my passport.
    I have travel plans to India after 2 months.
    Please let me know if anybody can help me and suggest me.

Thanks,

2. Hi

There is no point in aoplying for VoS. Just contact the VO to submit your new passport and have the COPR re-issued.

3. Thanks for your reply. what do you mean by VO? They don't reissue COPR now.

4. What is your current status in Canada? Are you a Permanent Resident now or are you still on a Temporary Resident Visa?

If you are a PR, do you have a valid PR card?

I understand that a new passport will not issued for India if you are unable to prove your current status. Is this correct?

5. Visa Office. Have you already landed?

6. Hi
    Yes, I am a permanent resident and I do have a PR card. They are asking my landing document to reissue my lost passport. I came as a student in Canada.
    Now they don't reissue COPR and the only way to get landing document is back is apply for verification of status. This document has a processing time of 6 months.
    Thanks,

7. Hi friend,

I have lost my pr card and passport. Could you please help me with the process how did you get your documents back. I am in very bad situation. My bag full of all personal documents including passport pr card education docs and experience ceritifates has been stolen in montreal yesterday.

8. hi there,

what did you end up doing ?

9. Hi,

I am in same situation as you , could you please tell me when did you received the VOS and is there any alternate option that speed up my process to get new passport. Indian consulate does require VOS or IRB form from Canadian authorities. Can you please share your experience that would really helpful

10. Hi guys! I lost my copr this year January and applied for the VOS. Even though the website states 6mths processing time, I received it within a month.

11. Thanks for instant reply

Aarti123 likes this.