+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost job...is it going to affect my application.....seniors plz advise

TomDick

Oct 23, 2009
Hi ,

My citizenship application is in process . I applied in October 2014 , however just last week I lost my job due to recent decrease in oil prices . I am going to apply for EI very soon .

Fortunately I remained employed for all my 3+ years of stay in Canada , almost from the first day of landing and I do have all my employment records like T4s , NOAs , Pay slips for all 3 years etc . I send my work docs with my application as well .

Kindly advise if any of these events i.e. losing my job and getting EI during my processing period , could affect the smooth processing of my application ?

Thanks

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This would not affect negatively your application.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
TomDick said:
Hi ,

My citizenship application is in process . I applied in October 2014 , however just last week I lost my job due to recent decrease in oil prices . I am going to apply for EI very soon .

Fortunately I remained employed for all my 3+ years of stay in Canada , almost from the first day of landing and I do have all my employment records like T4s , NOAs , Pay slips for all 3 years etc . I send my work docs with my application as well .

Kindly advise if any of these events i.e. losing my job and getting EI during my processing period , could affect the smooth processing of my application ?

Thanks
one of my neighbour lost his job during his citizenship process and i think he lost the job either before test or before oath. I think it was before test and he is a citizen now. So you don't need to worry.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why should that affect your application? The economy in Canada being what it is you are even lucky to have had a job in the first place. Applying for EI is actually even better as it shows that you are in the country so there is nothing here for you to worry.

TomDick said:
Hi ,

Thanks