+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost File Number

umesharya

Sep 27, 2011
Hello,

This is regarding my parents immigration case.
They received a letter of acknowledgement from CIC New Delhi about their application which also carried the File Number.

Unfortunately, they lost the said letter.
Is there any way to request for the File number from CIC?

Thanks,
Umesh

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

As there is no file number the New Delhi visa office may not respond to the request.

Therefore, try this method.

You should have got the Sponsorship Approval. On that letter, top right side there is CLIENT # xxxxxxxx and KIT ID # xxxxxxxxxxxx .Also get the receipt of payment made to CIC. Note down the full name of your parent, their D.O.B Keep all these things ready on hand and call CIC Call Center details below. Talk about the problem and they may be able to get the file number from their system:

Call Centre telephone number: 1-888-242‑2100

* Automated telephone service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
If you have a touch-tone telephone, you can listen to prerecorded information about CIC programs, order application kits, and check the status of your application.
* Call Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays.
You must choose one

gagan1987

Nov 2, 2011
hello,
This is regarding my own immigration case. I have an arranged employment from a Canadian employer and it got approved from HRSDC. I filed my application and I received a letter of acknowledgement from CIC about the application which also carried the File Number.

Unfortunately, I lost the said letter and i also don't have any receipt
Is there any way to request for the File number from CIC? like I have that HRSDC approved job offer

Thanks
regards: Gagan :(