Oct 2011
Passport Req..
11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-2012
LANDED..........
12-2012
Hi Team,
We are going to be eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship in a month and under the list of required documents one of the document is "Confirmation of Permanent Residence" which I am not able to find it (I have an email copy of it for my spouse and me BUT NOT for my child).

In the citizenship application, it states that if the document is not available then state the reason (which probably in my case "lost" with some more information) and there is a process exists wherein I can order a copy but it takes 6 or more months. My question is, is there going to be delay in citizenship application process because of lost "Confirmation of Permanent Residence"?

Thanks for your help and advice.

Regards,
Canadabie.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should probably still apply with what you have and get replacement for all the lost ones. When you go for the test you will have to have the original or the official replacement COPR with you.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Canadabie said:
Hi Team,
We are going to be eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship in a month and under the list of required documents one of the document is "Confirmation of Permanent Residence" which I am not able to find it (I have an email copy of it for my spouse and me BUT NOT for my child).

In the citizenship application, it states that if the document is not available then state the reason (which probably in my case "lost" with some more information) and there is a process exists wherein I can order a copy but it takes 6 or more months. My question is, is there going to be delay in citizenship application process because of lost "Confirmation of Permanent Residence"?

Thanks for your help and advice.

Regards,
Canadabie.
I think people usually have three copies of COPR before they land to canada and two copies are kept with CIC after you land and third one is given to you.
If you are unable to find that then you need to explain the reason in the citizenship application that why you don't have it (lost etc) and in the meanwhile reapply for getting the missing document so that it can be presented during test/interview.

Note: If you have photocopies of COPR somewhere, do send those and explain in a letter stating that the original one is lost and you are sending a copy that you had before it was lost.

Canadabie

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Earlier Buffalo later on xfered to Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
End of Sept 2011
File Transfer...
To Ottawa
Med's Request
End of Sept 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-2012
LANDED..........
12-2012
thanks CanV and theCoolGuySam. Really appreciate your quick replies and advice. As you both have said, I am going to state it in application with additional supporting document i.e photocopies of COPR and perhaps postal evidence of application to replacement immigration document.

With not having COPR, is it going to delay our citizenship application process timelines?

Regards,
Canadabie.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Canadabie said:
thanks CanV and theCoolGuySam. Really appreciate your quick replies and advice. As you both have said, I am going to state it in application with additional supporting document i.e photocopies of COPR and perhaps postal evidence of application to replacement immigration document.

With not having COPR, is it going to delay our citizenship application process timelines?

Regards,
Canadabie.
It may or may not. Lost passports are usually a point of concern however i am not sure of COPR

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadabie said:

Regards,
Canadabie.
I don't think so. On the day of the test you will be able to show the acquired copy of COPR. You will probably manage to receive it before your test date. You need to obtain the COPR copy anyways as you will need to hold on to it forever (for pension purposes).

Canadabie

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Earlier Buffalo later on xfered to Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
End of Sept 2011
File Transfer...
To Ottawa
Med's Request
End of Sept 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-2012
LANDED..........
12-2012
thanks thecoolguysam and aed for your quick replies. Much appreciate it.

I will go ahead and start the process for replacement and then include all the details in citizenship application.

Regards,
Canadabie