+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost Citizenship Card need replacement

dicksonjoe

Oct 7, 2016
Hi all,
My wallet was lost and could not be retrieved. I have lost all my cards and the most difficult part is replacing the citizenship card.
I heard that documents to support my identity must be either in english or french, is that true??
I came from china in 1990 however my documents are in chinese so i submitted according to the checklist. Everything was returned to me so I thought it was because I did not attach the proof of payment. Any idea why it was returned to me? I have everything according to the check list but someone told me that my chinese documents needed to be translated to english...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi all,
My wallet was lost and could not be retrieved. I have lost all my cards and the most difficult part is replacing the citizenship card.
I heard that documents to support my identity must be either in english or french, is that true??
I came from china in 1990 however my documents are in chinese so i submitted according to the checklist. Everything was returned to me so I thought it was because I did not attach the proof of payment. Any idea why it was returned to me? I have everything according to the check list but someone told me that my chinese documents needed to be translated to english...
1. You should really read the instructions https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/proof-citizenship/eligibility.html

If your documents aren’t in English or French, you’ll need:

• colour copies that are clear and easy-to-read
  • a translation of the documents
  • a sworn statement (affidavit) from the person who did the translation (we don’t accept translations by family members)

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Hi all,
Well the key is you said card. They don’t do cards any more, the link above is for the certificate.. If it’s the card only you lost as I read your post I don’t think you can now get a replacement. Disappointing but like SIN they no longer do cards (I’d happily pay for one!)

Reactions: JPBless

dicksonjoe

Oct 7, 2016
Well the key is you said card. They don’t do cards any more, the link above is for the certificate.. If it’s the card only you lost as I read your post I don’t think you can now get a replacement. Disappointing but like SIN they no longer do cards (I’d happily pay for one!)
sorry not card
it was a piece of paper issued to me in 1990s that fits in a wallet

i have many documents that are in chinese from china...i guess i'll need to get em translated

who are the people who do the translation? are they government workers?

dicksonjoe

Oct 7, 2016
Hi

1. You should really read the instructions https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/proof-citizenship/eligibility.html

If your documents aren’t in English or French, you’ll need:

• colour copies that are clear and easy-to-read
  • a translation of the documents
  • a sworn statement (affidavit) from the person who did the translation (we don’t accept translations by family members)
Can anyone do the translation? like a friend or family member? or do i have to bring it to somewhere like a lawyer firm? settlement worker?

hawk39

Mar 26, 2017
Can anyone do the translation? like a friend or family member? or do i have to bring it to somewhere like a lawyer firm? settlement worker?
If you read the instructions like @PMM suggested, you would have found the answer to your question.

Also, I was looking through your posting history, and what you wrote on the last thread you posted on before this one seems to indicate that you are not a Canadian citizen because you applied for a student visa but was rejected. A Canadian citizen does not need a student visa to go to school in Canada because it is his/her right as a citizen. So what is your status?

optimaxx

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
NOC Code......
Hi all,
Correct. In the official website, you can read everything you need to replace your lost citizenship card.

Good luck!!!