+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost and hearbroken: study permit denied for what reasons?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone,

it seems I am in for a ride this time. While when I applied from the US I was not asked to send an FBI clearance, and it wasn't mentioned in my application refusal, I just realized now that when applying on paper from Morocco I need FBI clearance.

Today is Sept.22nd, and the FBI clearance processing time is 12 weeks + mailing time (if it doesn't get lost...). That is 3 months + from now, and my program is supposed to start in January 2018. I already deferred the application from Fall 2017 because of the first refusal.

What am I supposed to do now? Is immigration actually going to be ana* about this and ask me to come back to them only when I receive FBI clearance in January ?? I am really reaching my limit here, these immigration officers make you feel like a criminal and an illegal immigrant, when all I am trying to do is do some f*** math research at McGill after working on Wall st for two f**** years.

Please let me know if anyone had a similar situation I am getting desperate...
If a PCC is required, there are no exceptions unless serious circumstances such as war prevent the person from obtaining one.

lost_soul

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hello canuck_in_uk, thanks for your answer. So I am assuming there is no exception and I will have to submit this PCC. Regular FBI processing time will take too long, approx, 14 weeks, and I would only get the document after January, the start of my program as of now.

FBI Channelers' processing time takes much much less - 10 days or so. Issue is they only provide this service for US citizens and permanent residents...I am neither. I have an SSN, not sure if that makes any difference.

I'm not sure if anyone had a similar issue, but I never knew my life could go south so quickly because of all this visa paperwork... I went from having a job on wall street to resigning and most likely being jobless for 1 year, assuming McGill accepts to defer the start of my program for the second time to Fall 2018...

PLEASE, if anyone has any tip or info on a similar case or on any workaround, let me know because I see no end to this nightmare right now and would greatly appreciate anyone's help

Last edited:

smaragon

Dec 20, 2017
Hello lost_soul! I had the same nightmare but with a student visa in the US. I had two scholarships for a PhD at Texas Tech University. I applied two times for an F-1 visa and I got rejected the two times this month. It is so devastating, I really know your feelings. I suppose that the main reason was being two times 5 months in the US visiting my boyfriend last year.
I am now trying to apply to another university in Canada, but at the same time, I don't want to lose my time anymore and being more lost than before.

Did you finally got your study permit?

lost_soul

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hello smaragon, I'm so sorry to hear about your issue...I think they sometimes don't realize the concrete impact their decisions have on people's lives. And in the meantime, they let the wrong people in, and let the right people out, too many mistakes. Wrong people being people who go planning on staying illegaly.
I did not yet but it is in process. I have been asked for a medical exam and my passport which is a good thing I believe. I will know in the next couple of days. Good luck with your process. What I have learned is: sometimes life is just a bi***. You can either look above and see people with a "better" destiny than you. Or you can look below, and see people who don't even have the chance to travel anywhere. Easy to say, but what else can you say?

Reactions: hossain2

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello lost_soul! I had the same nightmare but with a student visa in the US. I had two scholarships for a PhD at Texas Tech University. I applied two times for an F-1 visa and I got rejected the two times this month. It is so devastating, I really know your feelings. I suppose that the main reason was being two times 5 months in the US visiting my boyfriend last year.
I am now trying to apply to another university in Canada, but at the same time, I don't want to lose my time anymore and being more lost than before.

Did you finally got your study permit?
I would strongly recommend you wait some time before applying for a study permit to Canada. You have been refused twice by the US within a month and will have to declare these refusals in your application to study in Canada. I would wait a number of months and make sure you can address the reasons why your US study permit was refused before you apply to Canada. This likely means you need to work to demonstrate stronger ties to your home country before you apply.

ilsenmeriles

Jan 26, 2018
Hello smaragon, I'm so sorry to hear about your issue...I think they sometimes don't realize the concrete impact their decisions have on people's lives. And in the meantime, they let the wrong people in, and let the right people out, too many mistakes. Wrong people being people who go planning on staying illegaly.
I did not yet but it is in process. I have been asked for a medical exam and my passport which is a good thing I believe. I will know in the next couple of days. Good luck with your process. What I have learned is: sometimes life is just a bi***. You can either look above and see people with a "better" destiny than you. Or you can look below, and see people who don't even have the chance to travel anywhere. Easy to say, but what else can you say?
hey, I wanna know what was the answer for your reapplication. I was thinking to go to my country because they gave me the same reasons to refuse my application. purpose of study and they are not sure I will leave at the end of my program.

hossain2

May 9, 2018
Hey Lost Soul,

I believe that you got your study permit eventually as you were called for medical and passport. Can you please tell me how much time it took for you to recieve the PCC from FBI? I am on a similar boat. Please let me know. Thanks

hossain2

May 9, 2018
hey, I wanna know what was the answer for your reapplication. I was thinking to go to my country because they gave me the same reasons to refuse my application. purpose of study and they are not sure I will leave at the end of my program.
Hi Ilsen did you apply for study permit from your home country? What was the result?

diod92

Aug 10, 2018
It’s so evident the reason for your refusal... it’s almost obvious...

how do you pretend to convince the officer that your intends are just going to Canada for studying if you went to the US for studying and 2 years after finishing your studies you are living still on the US???

smaragon

Dec 20, 2017
Hey, I finally applied for the study permit last month, and yesterday they requested my passport, so that means I got the study permit!! :D
It took just two weeks from the day I did the biometrics.
Good luck to all of you! :)