+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Los Angeles Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
boo2009 said:
Hi Parker,

Could you also add my info to the spreadsheet?

We received your application for permanent residence on September 8, 2011
We started processing your application February 9, 2012
Applied for rehabilitation August 29, 2012
2nd medical requested January 28, 2013
Medical received February 23,2013
Requested Passport July 23, 2013
Passport arrived at consulate July 29,2013

When did you get sponsorship approval? :) Adding your info right now

Thaliada

Mar 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 14th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 6th, 2013
File Transfer...
July 15th, 2013
Med's Done....
May 9th, 2013
boo2009 said:
My husband's passport finally got delivered yesterday and someone signed for it......I had sent an email to the consulate and they responded today..

My questions was: 1. since my husband have a USA Passport do i need to send the original or can I send copies?
2. How long will it take to have my passport returned?
3. Can I have my passport mailed back to a family member in the USA

THis is what they replied:

1.Persons with U.S. passports may send in clear copies of each page of their passports
2.Current processing times are 4 to 6 weeks
3.Yes. You should provide a stamped, self-address mailer.

Just thought I would post this for future references... :)
That's great and very useful information, boo. Thank you so much for sharing it with us! Best of luck!

wjmartensen

Jun 5, 2007
Ppr - june 10 2013
Pp sent - july 4 2013
Ecas in process to decision made - july 26 2013
Pp return still waiting

LA vo
Pnp pr application

boo2009

May 16, 2013
Got a letter today from consulate requesting an updated Schedule A background / declaration form...Well i was not too please because they had told me that my application for PR was complete and requested the passport which they received July 29....they should of pick up on that and requested the form at the same time..ugh...Its always something...Hopefully this will end soon and get our passport returned soon. ??? So tired of dealing with immigration, been dealing with this way too long.

Ambber29

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
I thought they are on strike. Our interview is on Aug 14 you think they will hold the passport because of the strike.

boo2009

May 16, 2013
Ambber29 said:
I thought they are on strike. Our interview is on Aug 14 you think they will hold the passport because of the strike.
I heard that even with the strike they are still working on applications. I know they worked on mine because they requested an updated form in order to release our passport. So the strike is not affecting everything...good luck with the interview.

Thaliada

Mar 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 14th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 6th, 2013
File Transfer...
July 15th, 2013
Med's Done....
May 9th, 2013
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

22 months??? Seriously? I have a hard time believing that... Ottawa is 14 months...

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Thaliada said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

22 months??? Seriously? I have a hard time believing that... Ottawa is 14 months...
22 months.. thats really long time..

DTH

Mar 8, 2013
Anybody know how long it takes to go from "Decision Made" on ECAS to receiving notification? Im assuming it comes to the PR applicant by mail. Thanks

charis

Jun 11, 2013
Ha! I got my Confirmation of Permanent Residence in the mail today! I just need to go to Canada now! Since I'm from a visa-exempt country, I just show up with this document and my passport at the border. I'm booked to fly to YVR on 8/30.

Here's my timeline from when I applied to my approval. (I'm already on the LA Spreadsheet.)

Appl. received 1/22/13
Sponsor Approved 3/6/13

7/17/13 Received an email from CPP-O requesting Documents and Passport Copy. Plus: "We have now completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview".......

7/29/13 Online status now reads:
1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 22, 2013
2. We started processing your application on July 18, 2013
3. Medical results have been received.
4. A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

8/8/13 Received a letter and my Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CPR). (Letter was dated 8/1/13.)

So all in all - Less than 7 months! WOW! I am thrilled.

I am American and live in Los Angeles currently. I had listed Los Angeles as my processing location, but they shipped my application up to Ottowa for processing in July for some reason. Yahoo!

Ambber29

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
Can someone please tell me step by step procedure to print skype call history?
I tried a lot but it does not tell me

DTH

Mar 8, 2013
charis said:
Ha! I got my Confirmation of Permanent Residence in the mail today! I just need to go to Canada now! Since I'm from a visa-exempt country, I just show up with this document and my passport at the border. I'm booked to fly to YVR on 8/30.

Here's my timeline from when I applied to my approval. (I'm already on the LA Spreadsheet.)

Appl. received 1/22/13
Sponsor Approved 3/6/13

7/17/13 Received an email from CPP-O requesting Documents and Passport Copy. Plus: "We have now completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview".......

7/29/13 Online status now reads:
1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 22, 2013
2. We started processing your application on July 18, 2013
3. Medical results have been received.
4. A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

8/8/13 Received a letter and my Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CPR). (Letter was dated 8/1/13.)

So all in all - Less than 7 months! WOW! I am thrilled.

I am American and live in Los Angeles currently. I had listed Los Angeles as my processing location, but they shipped my application up to Ottowa for processing in July for some reason. Yahoo!
I think we are right behind you. My wife's status switched to decision made right near the end of july as well. We too were told the application was going to LA but was processed in Ottawa. Hopefully the COPR arrives at her parents house shortly. Cheers - also about 7 months for us.