+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Los Angeles Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
charis said:
I am American and live in Los Angeles currently. I had listed Los Angeles as my processing location, but they shipped my application up to Ottowa for processing in July for some reason. Yahoo!
this is great news...

BTW.. I am from LA too. ;D

Thaliada

Mar 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 14th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 6th, 2013
File Transfer...
July 15th, 2013
Med's Done....
May 9th, 2013
charis said:
Ha! I got my Confirmation of Permanent Residence in the mail today! I just need to go to Canada now! Since I'm from a visa-exempt country, I just show up with this document and my passport at the border. I'm booked to fly to YVR on 8/30.

Here's my timeline from when I applied to my approval. (I'm already on the LA Spreadsheet.)

Appl. received 1/22/13
Sponsor Approved 3/6/13

7/17/13 Received an email from CPP-O requesting Documents and Passport Copy. Plus: "We have now completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview".......

7/29/13 Online status now reads:
1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 22, 2013
2. We started processing your application on July 18, 2013
3. Medical results have been received.
4. A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

8/8/13 Received a letter and my Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CPR). (Letter was dated 8/1/13.)

So all in all - Less than 7 months! WOW! I am thrilled.

I am American and live in Los Angeles currently. I had listed Los Angeles as my processing location, but they shipped my application up to Ottowa for processing in July for some reason. Yahoo!
This is wonderful wonderful news!!! Congratulations! You must be very happy and relieved!! :D That totally calms my fear of "22 months process" :D I wish you and your family the best in everything!

Thaliada

Mar 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 14th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 6th, 2013
File Transfer...
July 15th, 2013
Med's Done....
May 9th, 2013
DTH said:
I think we are right behind you. My wife's status switched to decision made right near the end of july as well. We too were told the application was going to LA but was processed in Ottawa. Hopefully the COPR arrives at her parents house shortly. Cheers - also about 7 months for us.
It will be shortly for you too!!! Congratulations in advance :D I am very happy for you! God bless!

Thaliada

Mar 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 14th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 6th, 2013
File Transfer...
July 15th, 2013
Med's Done....
May 9th, 2013
DTH said:
I think we are right behind you. My wife's status switched to decision made right near the end of july as well. We too were told the application was going to LA but was processed in Ottawa. Hopefully the COPR arrives at her parents house shortly. Cheers - also about 7 months for us.
1 question tho. If you were told the application was sent to LA (because I was told the same thing), how do you know they processed it in Ottawa? Did you call during the process? When was the next time they contacted you after the Sponsorship Approval? (I was approved as a sponsor on July 15th, and since then I don't know anything. I received the letter in the regular mail rather than the email, and the letter said that the application was sent to LA. Should I call them and ask about the status?) Thank you!

charis

Jun 11, 2013
Ambber29 said:
Can someone please tell me step by step procedure to print skype call history?
I tried a lot but it does not tell me
Hi, I open an empty Word document. Then cut and paste the Skye conversation into Word. Save Word - and keep adding every so often. Then you can print from Word.

charis

Jun 11, 2013
DTH said:
Excellent! Sounds like you will! Cheers.

charis

Jun 11, 2013
Thaliada said:
This is wonderful wonderful news!!! Congratulations! You must be very happy and relieved!! :D That totally calms my fear of "22 months process" :D I wish you and your family the best in everything!
Thank you! Good luck with yours too!

charis

Jun 11, 2013
Thaliada said:
1 question tho. If you were told the application was sent to LA (because I was told the same thing), how do you know they processed it in Ottawa? Did you call during the process? When was the next time they contacted you after the Sponsorship Approval? (I was approved as a sponsor on July 15th, and since then I don't know anything. I received the letter in the regular mail rather than the email, and the letter said that the application was sent to LA. Should I call them and ask about the status?) Thank you!
In my case, I wasn't told anything and I assumed I was in the 19 month queue in LA. But then I received an email from Ottowa out of the blue - and that was when they started processing it and the approval came from Ottowa in the mail a few weeks later. I don't know that you would be able to find out where yours actually is..... Good luck and best wishes.

DTH

Mar 8, 2013
charis said:
In my case, I wasn't told anything and I assumed I was in the 19 month queue in LA. But then I received an email from Ottowa out of the blue - and that was when they started processing it and the approval came from Ottowa in the mail a few weeks later. I don't know that you would be able to find out where yours actually is..... Good luck and best wishes.
We received the COPR in the mail on Friday. Exact same time! Too funny. We sent our original application in January as well, so call it 7 - 8 months.

charis

Jun 11, 2013
DTH said:
We received the COPR in the mail on Friday. Exact same time! Too funny. We sent our original application in January as well, so call it 7 - 8 months.
Congratulations!!!! Very exciting. I am sure you are pleased.

Gustcan

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
Hello,

My wife is sponsoring me for Canadian Immigration and we have filed an out land application. My wife is based in Toronto and I am based in Atlanta, Georgia, US. The application was filed on May, we have received the sponsorship approval in June and now the application is being processed in LA. My wife recently visited me on August 9 and will be staying with me in Atlanta till August 19th. However today at her residence in Toronto 2 people ( most likely from immigration but not sure as they were not in uniform) came to verify her address/records. Since my wife was not present at that time as she is with me her parents informed them that she is visiting me and shall be returning on August 19th. They questioned my wife's parents about her travel & were trying to make sure she will return. In the end they said they would come back after August 19th. Could this have a potential negative impact on the application? Since she has filed my application she has only visited me twice first time for 4 days and now for 9 days.She is a student and will be commencing her Master's from Fall 2013 for which she has been already admitted. Not sure if her non-presence today would create some problems? Please advise.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Gustcan said:
Hello,

My wife is sponsoring me for Canadian Immigration and we have filed an out land application. My wife is based in Toronto and I am based in Atlanta, Georgia, US. The application was filed on May, we have received the sponsorship approval in June and now the application is being processed in LA. My wife recently visited me on August 9 and will be staying with me in Atlanta till August 19th. However today at her residence in Toronto 2 people ( most likely from immigration but not sure as they were not in uniform) came to verify her address/records. Since my wife was not present at that time as she is with me her parents informed them that she is visiting me and shall be returning on August 19th. They questioned my wife's parents about her travel & were trying to make sure she will return. In the end they said they would come back after August 19th. Could this have a potential negative impact on the application? Since she has filed my application she has only visited me twice first time for 4 days and now for 9 days.She is a student and will be commencing her Master's from Fall 2013 for which she has been already admitted. Not sure if her non-presence today would create some problems? Please advise.
Strange that they came to the house, but does happen. I would advise your wife, if they return on the 19th, to ask for proof that they ARE indeed with immigration. A lot of scammers out there are doing some really dumb things to people. I don't think it would have a bad impact, it fact, it would show there is a relationship and she wants to be with you! (IF they were really immigration officers that is!)

Gustcan

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
Thank You for your response. I appreciate your advise/suggestions in this regard. Yes, I will ask my wife to ensure that are indeed from immigration. Hopefully as you said it won't have a bad impact.

Thaliada

Mar 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 14th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 6th, 2013
File Transfer...
July 15th, 2013
Med's Done....
May 9th, 2013
Gustcan said:
Thank You for your response. I appreciate your advise/suggestions in this regard. Yes, I will ask my wife to ensure that are indeed from immigration. Hopefully as you said it won't have a bad impact.
This is quite strange. I agree with Parker. Your wife should make sure they are immigration people. I've never heard of immigration officers to randomly visit people and verify their address. She was approved as a sponsor and that should be the end of step 1. I advise she should call CIC as soon as she returns and tell them what happened and ask their opinion on this as well. This doesn't seem normal. Keep us posted with what happens. I wish you all the best! Enjoy the time spent with your wife!

Thaliada