+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Loosing job after AOR

Raising Star

Jun 21, 2018
What happens if we claim points for arranged employment and loose it after AOR. Considering the points will go below the ITA issued on that particular round if deduct the points for job offer.

Kayne

Apr 5, 2019
Canada
You'll lose your ITA. Your application will be canceled.

What happens if we claim points for arranged employment and loose it after AOR. Considering the points will go below the ITA issued on that particular round if deduct the points for job offer.

s5773377

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Sorry, i thought this case that you still be able to apply under CEC since the you met one year work experience ? Am I wrong ?

Kayne

Apr 5, 2019
Canada
Oh okay, I replied that way because you said "arranged employment" instead of one year Canadian work experience. In that case you can quit the job. Since a current job offer is not a condition for your p.r application. Just a minimum of one year experience

Sorry, i thought this case that you still be able to apply under CEC since the you met one year work experience ? Am I wrong ?

s5773377

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Thank for your reply, can you please clarify, what does it mean "arranged employment" ?, For example, i came here from an closed work visa (LMIA).....even after i done 1 year Canadian work experience and applied AOR ...and for some reasons i got lay off .... of course i would notify IRCC ... My PR application might be rejected ?

Kayne

Apr 5, 2019
Canada
If during your application for express entry, you got points for "job offer" then your application will be affected if you lose that job during application. But if you only got points for "one year Canadian work experience" then it won't affect the application.

Because the above are two separate things. So if you ticked yes for current job offer from a Canadian employer then you should notify IRCC of the recent development.

Thank for your reply, can you please clarify, what does it mean "arranged employment" ?, For example, i came here from an closed work visa (LMIA).....even after i done 1 year Canadian work experience and applied AOR ...and for some reasons i got lay off .... of course i would notify IRCC ... My PR application might be rejected ?

Reactions: e-16 and s5773377

s5773377

Star Member
May 16, 2018
According to this section "When an applicant submits an e-APR to IRCC, the information in their application is locked, and their CRS score at the time of their application is recorded in GCMS." ===> Does it mean that after

Raising Star

Jun 21, 2018
According to this section "When an applicant submits an e-APR to IRCC, the information in their application is locked, and their CRS score at the time of their application is recorded in GCMS." ===> Does it mean that after
I think you are referring to section which is between ITA and AOR...Please refer the section where the circumstances changes after AOR

s5773377

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Oh I see.....thanks you....it means that keeping the currrent job as much as you can to be in safezone :)

s5773377

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Ya......it is confusing when searching related information.....finger cross and hope it not gonna happen :)

fuckinsushi

Aug 17, 2019
would you mind tell how is it going now? cus i am in same situation
you quit the job and still on processing of ee?

miucat

Feb 27, 2018
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Anyone can share their experience of that? I have same situation, want to change my job but are afraid of losing points.( claimed job offer point)

A_D_cec

Star Member
Sep 10, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-09-2019
I am changing my job later this month. I called CIC to know about changing jobs while my application is being processed, I was told that in no way that affects my application processing. I have not claimed any points for a job offer though, and I need to provide my new offer letter as proof of a job change.