+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking to get my Permanent Residence

AHMGBP

Aug 11, 2017
Good afternoon all,
I hope you all are enjoying the warm heat!

I am in a situation that has been driving me crazy and I wanted to share to see what you guys would recommend and perhaps if someone has been in a similar situation.

Long story short, I am 25 years old and I have been in Canada since 2007 (since I was a kid).

The Canadian Government has revoked my families PR status since about 2011 and has issued to deport us back to Palestine since 2011.

The reason for deportation is we did not meet the "2 year in Canada in 5 years".

Anyhow, the Canadian Government is not able to deport us back due to the fact that we are stateless and we do not have documents to be able to go back to Palestine. I have no passport or any travel document. My parents had me on their travel document passport that was issued by Egypt and it has expired since 2011...

We have done various of applications as a FAMILY to help our situation here in Canada but everything gets rejected.

Anyhow, now that I am older I want to see what I can do to help myself from such situation.

As you can see, I was just a kid when I last came to Canada and nothing of this was under my control to how many years we needed to be in Canada for.

I have graduated from high school, college and University.

I have had 1 part time job, and 2 full times for the past 3 years. My most recent job I have been with for a year and half. (Under a work permit)

I bought a car, I invest, I pay taxes and I even run a small business while I am free.

In short,
What happened was is we lost all our papers and documents and we still went back home.

The embassy back home did not want to issue us new documents.

My father hired a lawyer and was able to win a the ruling by a judge to bring us back home.

From the time of the ruling, they took over than 3 years to issue documents to bring us back.

When we came back they issued 1 year PR.

When we went to renew they advised that won’t work because we weren’t in Canada for 2 years within the 5 years required… (does not make sense because they never gave us the documents till 3 years later. We kept asking and asking but I guess it was some sort of trap)

We tried to fight this in the provincial and federal court and both were denied/rejected.

We did PRRA (pre risk removal assessment) which was also rejected.

It’s been 5-6 years or even more since then.

My father gave up and till this day the CBSA can not do anything.

I have not given up and I just want to know what are my options.

I am glad you mentioned those 2 options.

For sure I can do H&C.

I only applied for an open work permit under my circumstances which was approved. I do not believe I applied for TRP.

Would I be allowed to maybe apply for PR under a working class or something?

What do you guys recommend?

Thank you all for whoever participates and tries to help out. I appreciate you in advance!

Have a great day :D

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Reactions: armoured

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you've graduated in last four years from university and employed, you may want to look at this:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/public-policies/trpr-international-graduates.html

I do not know the details of eligibility or whether your current status is a problem.
These programs all require the applicant to have valid status in Canada. So unfortunately not an option for the OP.

Reactions: armoured

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Good afternoon all,

I am in a situation that has been driving me crazy and I wanted to share to see what you guys would recommend and perhaps if someone has been in a similar situation.

Long story short, I am 25 years old and I have been in Canada since 2007 (since I was a kid).

The Canadian Government has revoked my families PR status since about 2011 and has issued to deport us back to Palestine since 2011.

The reason for deportation is we did not meet the "2 year in Canada in 5 years".

Anyhow, the Canadian Government is not able to deport us back due to the fact that we are stateless and we do not have documents to be able to go back to Palestine. I have no passport or any travel document. My parents had me on their travel document passport that was issued by Egypt and it has expired since 2011...

We have done various of applications as a FAMILY to help our situation here in Canada but everything gets rejected.

Anyhow, now that I am older I want to see what I can do to help myself from such situation.

As you can see, I was just a kid when I last came to Canada and nothing of this was under my control to how many years we needed to be in Canada for.

I have had 1 part time job, and 2 full times for the past 3 years. My most recent job I have been with for a year and half. (Under a work permit)

I bought a car, I invest, I pay taxes and I even run a small business while I am free.

In short,
What happened was is we lost all our papers and documents and we still went back home.

My father hired a lawyer and was able to win a the ruling by a judge to bring us back home.

From the time of the ruling, they took over than 3 years to issue documents to bring us back.

When we went to renew they advised that won’t work because we weren’t in Canada for 2 years within the 5 years required… (does not make sense because they never gave us the documents till 3 years later. We kept asking and asking but I guess it was some sort of trap)

We tried to fight this in the provincial and federal court and both were denied/rejected.

For sure I can do H&C.

I only applied for an open work permit under my circumstances which was approved. I do not believe I applied for TRP.

Thank you all for whoever participates and tries to help out. I appreciate you in advance!

I suggested you try for H&C in 2017. You have a good chance. Your parents don’t have as good a chance especially if they aren’t supporting themselves. Most in their mid 50s are working. I assume one of the reasons PPRA was denied is because you were able to return to Gsa and where then were allowed to return to Canada to attend your appeal. Have you been able to renew your TRP or work permit since arriving?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good afternoon all,

In short,

For sure I can do H&C.

IMO H&C is your only option right now. If you were married or common law with a Canadian, then spousal sponsorship would be an option.

Your situation is extremely complex and you really need to be working with an immigration lawyer. Unfortunately this isn't a do it yourself case.

Good luck and hope something works out.