+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking for "Proof of Financial Support" help/clarification

olololox

Mar 28, 2013
Hey,

So I am a British citizen working in South Korea and have been accepted on to a masters course in Canada.

My question is what constitutes financial proof. I can get print outs of bank statements for both my Korean and English account (Where my money is split roughly in two). Will printouts from digital banking be accepted?

Also, I currently do not have the tuition fee + the $10000 available. I have roughly the tuition fee amount in my Korean and English accounts, but I also have money tied up in a housing deposit here in Korea, that will become available when I prepare to leave the country (i.e. the week before the masters course starts) along with the future income from my job here, which puts me over the required amount. My other question then, do they want me to prove I have the ENTIRE amount or will my current bank account details be enough? If they require the entire amount, how do I go about proving that? Send a copy of my housing contract and monthly paycheck including an explanatory note? Will this constitute financial proof?

I just want to clarify what's accepted and what's the best way to do this.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Really appreciated. I've been forwarded to different phone numbers and email addresses for the last fortnight or so, still with no answer D: