+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking for PR in Canada thru studies | Need help in course selection

H

HBK

mayank_6 said:
@ HBK

Any Specific reasons why u r not suggesting PR via FSW for International Students ?
sorry mate I have no idea on FSW category for international students.
Infact I am also waiting if senior members clarify on it.

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
@ HBK

Ok, so what is you plan like which course and duration u r looking for and wats ur background . In short, ur Introduction so that we can be at the same page and u from which country. :)

H

HBK

mayank_6 said:
@ HBK

Ok, so what is you plan like which course and duration u r looking for and wats ur background . In short, ur Introduction so that we can be at the same page and u from which country. :)
Bachelor of business administration - 2010. (3 year degree so i m no more eligible for master).
Going for GLOBAL BUSINESS MGT> course.

I am INDIAN :D :D

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
Alright, So u going for 2013 intake - 1 year course or 2 year ????

As it is not cakewalk to grab PR with 1 year course so now I am also in dilemma

and Yes from your profile I got to know that I should go for PG Courses in IT related stream not Business one as I have 2 year of Work EX in IT Sector but B.Tech in Electronics. What you think @HBK ???

Though I am qualified for Masters but its very Costly.

Any Idea about VIU MBA. ?? but It waives off GMAT and Work -ex even so not sure /////

H

HBK

mayank_6 said:

As it is not cakewalk to grab PR with 1 year course so now I am also in dilemma

and Yes from your profile I got to know that I should go for PG Courses in IT related stream not Business one as I have 2 year of Work EX in IT Sector but B.Tech in Electronics. What you think @ HBK ???

Though I am qualified for Masters but its very Costly.

Any Idea about VIU MBA. ?? but It waives off GMAT and Work -ex even so not sure /////
Sept-2012 and 2 year course.

Yes if you are applying for PG DIPLOMA courses then better to go fro IT courses.However please note: to study business courses you do not need business degree.

VIU is not good Idea for MBA because there are many top notch MBA schools in canada and imagine how you will compete with them after VIU MBA?

H

HBK

mayank_6 said:
@ HBK

Remember my plans are dangerous.
After going canada I will change the course from GBM to other one. Because it is very tough to make career in business field with diploma/certificate courses.
I pick GBM only for visa.

H

HBK

mayank_6 said:

For MBA you may like to see below link.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/mba-t98899.0.html

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
Now that is nice n clever @HBK

but even i opt for 2 year PG Courses in IT , IT occupations are not under those 38 certain occupations list , in order to apply for FSW Category 1 and hopefully it will get included in the revised list in July.

Any idea of the Job prospects in IT Sector there i.e. probability of getting Skilled Jon After 2 years of PG in IT ???

and yes How much funds I have to show at the time of Visa . Is it 2 year tution fees ( aroung 27k $ ) + 1 year Living Cost 8-10k $ .

Correct me if I am wrong

H

HBK

mayank_6 said:
Now that is nice n clever @ HBK

but even i opt for 2 year PG Courses in IT , IT occupations are not under those 38 certain occupations list , in order to apply for FSW Category 1 and hopefully it will get included in the revised list in July. I really wish and hope so

Any idea of the Job prospects in IT Sector there i.e. probability of getting Skilled Jon After 2 years of PG in IT ???
sorry mate no idea. I am not from same background thats why

and yes How much funds I have to show at the time of Visa . Is it 2 year tution fees ( aroung 27k $ ) + 1 year Living Cost 8-10k $ .
NO. 1st year fees + 1 year living cost + other (2000-3000$)

Correct me if I am wrong

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
@ HBK
+
I think if u r applying under SPP then minimum 85% of 1 year Expense ( Tuition + Living ) needs to be shown otherwise in case of general category, we have to show the 2 year tuition and 1 year living.

you must have applied under SPP so u can guide better and clear the picture

and Heyy @ HBK , if we do 2 year of PG Diploma then we will get 3 year of work permit and in that case just 1 year of Skilled job experience would be enugh to apply under CEC category of PR. No need to go for FSW Category 1 and it wont matter then if IT ocupations come under the revised list or not .

What say ??

H

HBK

mayank_6 said:
@ HBK
+
I think if u r applying under SPP then minimum 85% of 1 year Expense ( Tuition + Living ) needs to be shown otherwise in case of general category, we have to show the 2 year tuition and 1 year living.

under SPP/generic/university it is same. for refarance take a look at each checklist.
you must have applied under SPP so u can guide better and clear the picture

and Heyy @ HBK , if we do 2 year of PG Diploma then we will get 3 year of work permit and in that case just 1 year of Skilled job experience would be enugh to apply under CEC category of PR. No need to go for FSW Category 1 and it wont matter then if IT ocupations come under the revised list or not .

What say ??

Yes. 3 year PGWP. If you look at Sasketchwan PNP, it says anykind of job no matter if it is NOC c,d and you have 1 year experience you can qualify for PR. However we can't rely on that only. who knows it might be close in future.
under CEC any kind of work experience for 1 year (NOC 0,A,B job only). yes CEC and FSW has no relation.

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
@ HBK

Can u share the link for SPP Scheme and checklist so that I get more clear picture.

What about doing MBA from the Univ/Colleges which don't except GMAT, Are the worth the money spent because I am not having Bandwidth to prepare for GMAT along with being in the Job

H

HBK

mayank_6 said:
@ HBK

Can u share the link for SPP Scheme and checklist so that I get more clear picture.

What about doing MBA from the Univ/Colleges which don't except GMAT, Are the worth the money spent because I am not having Bandwidth to prepare for GMAT along with being in the Job
SPP

Copy of an Educational Loan from an Indian Chartered Bank equivalent to at
least 80% of tuition +living + travel expenses for one academic year

http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/pdf/Student_Partners_Program_(SPP)_in_india_190412.pdf

Generic

AS A PREFERRED OPTION for proof of funds: A copy of an Educational Loan from
an Indian Chartered Bank equivalent to at least 80% of tuition +living + travel
expenses for one academic year
http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/pdf/study_permit_17-05-2012.pdf

University
Copy of an Educational Loan from an Indian Chartered Bank equivalent to at least
80% of tuition +living + travel expenses for one academic year
http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/pdf/Application_for_Prospective_University_Students_190412.pdf