+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking for job after landing as PR

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
But how would they verify my employment in India without pay stubs if its not verified in background check?
You said you are a landed PR? Right? Why should the future employer be interested in your paystubs? If they want to check something they will email your ex employer if necessary..
I remember my first job in Canada, no one was interested in my previous employer, my resume said it all.

Oct 10, 2018
Hi,

Do you know if we are required to submit prior pay stubs from the previous employer in India when we join a new company in Canada?
I just landed as a new pr and don't have the pay stubs with me. So it would be a hassle to contact the prior employer to get them and I am wondering if that is even needed as the employment would be verified as part of back ground check anyway- right? Thanks for any insight you can provide here.
Not needed.
What they might, and in fact in most of the cases do, check for is references from your previous employer. It is part of background check which is must for every employer under provincial government labour acts in Canada.
Expect your Canadian employer to call up a reference listed in your resume, or provided by you post your interviews, before giving you a job offer. Even then, they'll not ask for any salary details, just your conduct, and verify your date of previous work experience.
Always list your confidante as a reference. Reference check is usually the last stage before a job offer.
Good luck!

macp

Jan 4, 2019
Hello Guys
One month ago, I received my COPR. In first week of April, i plan to move to Vancouver, BC and apply for a job. I got my ECA done by WES. Recently, i read in a forum WES evaluation is valid only in Ontario and to apply for a job in Vancouver, one needs to get an ECA from ICES in British Columbia. Do you have any idea about this? If this is true, i will have to get another ECA done from ICES.
Please share your thoughts.