+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking for insight about Humber College IT solutions

marcusho1993

Nov 12, 2018
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of applying for the Post Graduate Diploma of Information Technology Solution in the coming year. However, I've seen some reviews and it got me concern about studying there. Can anyone to so kind and answer the below questions? That'd be extremely helpful.

1. Since the program last 4 semesters, so does it mean that it is guaranteed for a 3 year Post Graduate Work Permit?
2. I don't see there is any internship or co-op of some sort within the program, so is it difficult for international students to find a job after graduate?
3. I see some reviews that actually black-lash the school for the staffs being inefficient and unhelpful and the academic staffs grade students by different standard because of their races, is that true or just a rumor?
4. Is it difficult to apply accommodation within school?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
1. That depends on ircc not humber the program is 2 years but the language ircc uses is UP TO 3 years if you did a 2 year program, but generally everyone gets 3 years.

2.There is no coop or internship this is both good and bad, the good part is you dont risk not getting a coop job which means you miss a semester and become ineligible for pgwp, colleges here generally dont do much to get you in a coop job so you are o your own. Some students are unable to get coop which creates issues in immigration. The bad part is of course you dont get that experience you can stick on CV.

3.A lot of the teaching is mediocre and some is completely incompetent, a few were pretty good. Didn't see any issues with race. A few teachers never respond to emails but its rare.
Prepare for a lot of self learning with youtube videos.

4. School accommodation is not good and its expensive, you are better off looking for your own accomodation. You are forced to pay for expensive meal plan if you take school accommodation, food is not good and overpriced on campus.

Campus & facilities are pretty good.

I think the key is to build your network during these two years and build your skills in the way employers require, the certificate itself is not that important.

Sep 16, 2019
Thanks for your response ,and my doubt is ,can I get admission there I am planning to apply currently I am studying 4th year of my BTech 7.02cgpa 66%

riserbruh

Jan 12, 2020
Hey, I got into Humber ITS program for Sep 2020 intake. I was going through the documents regarding fee invoice and everything else you are provided by humber after confirmation of the offer letter, and I have a few queries regarding the program:

1. The program is for 2 years (4 semesters). My offer letter says Expected Program Completion Date: April 2022, but my "Tution and fees quote" document shows fees for only 3 terms (see list below), so how does it exactly works? Where are the fee details for 4th term?
  • Fall 2020
  • Winter 2021
  • Summer 2021
2. Is the program continuous for all 4 semesters, or are we provided term breaks/holidays. Like two study terms, and then a term break, then another 2 study terms, becasue as mentioned above, my fee document shows 3 consecutive terms.

If someone could help me in this matter, I'd be really glad.
Thanks​

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
There is a 1 semester break.
They dont issue the invoice for entire duration, only for first continuous study period.
So it looks like you are going to have 3 terms, then a break then start again in January 2022 and finish in april.

Reactions: riserbruh

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Normally it has been 2 terms, break, 2 terms. If they are changing it then both September & January starters will have same break period.

-user-name-

Apr 13, 2019
Hey, I got into Humber ITS program for Sep 2020 intake. I was going through the documents regarding fee invoice and everything else you are provided by humber after confirmation of the offer letter, and I have a few queries regarding the program:

1. The program is for 2 years (4 semesters). My offer letter says Expected Program Completion Date: April 2022, but my "Tution and fees quote" document shows fees for only 3 terms (see list below), so how does it exactly works? Where are the fee details for 4th term?
  • Fall 2020
  • Winter 2021
  • Summer 2021
2. Is the program continuous for all 4 semesters, or are we provided term breaks/holidays. Like two study terms, and then a term break, then another 2 study terms, becasue as mentioned above, my fee document shows 3 consecutive terms.

If someone could help me in this matter, I'd be really glad.
Thanks​
Hey..when did u apply and got the offer letter?

riserbruh

Jan 12, 2020
There is a 1 semester break.
They dont issue the invoice for entire duration, only for first continuous study period.
So it looks like you are going to have 3 terms, then a break then start again in January 2022 and finish in april.
Thanks a lot for the quick reply!

Hey..when did u apply and got the offer letter?
I applied around 13-14th November 2019, and received offer letter on 11 January 2020.

Just in case anyone needs my educational background :
10th CBSE: 9.6cgpa
12th CBSE: 77.2%
Btech(ECE): 69.8%
I also did a software course certification after my btech.

Last edited:

Paras_striker

Mar 20, 2020

1. The program is for 2 years (4 semesters). My offer letter says Expected Program Completion Date: April 2022, but my "Tution and fees quote" document shows fees for only 3 terms (see list below), so how does it exactly works? Where are the fee details for 4th term?​
  • Fall 2020
  • Winter 2021
  • Summer 2021

2. Is the program continuous for all 4 semesters, or are we provided term breaks/holidays. Like two study terms, and then a term break, then another 2 study terms, becasue as mentioned above, my fee document shows 3 consecutive terms.​
If someone could help me in this matter, I'd be really glad.​
Thanks​
Hey buddy, I also got the offer letter and have you paid the fees?

zaidshaik_

Apr 3, 2020
Yeah I’m done with my gic and fee formalities. Will be going for visa somewhere around april. What about you?
Hey Guys can we connect because i have few doubts that I want to clear. Please respond back if you see this. I'm still waiting to pay my fee yet

Gandhi Rajan

Dec 28, 2020

1. The program is for 2 years (4 semesters). My offer letter says Expected Program Completion Date: April 2022, but my "Tution and fees quote" document shows fees for only 3 terms (see list below), so how does it exactly works? Where are the fee details for 4th term?​
  • Fall 2020
  • Winter 2021
  • Summer 2021

2. Is the program continuous for all 4 semesters, or are we provided term breaks/holidays. Like two study terms, and then a term break, then another 2 study terms, becasue as mentioned above, my fee document shows 3 consecutive terms.​
If someone could help me in this matter, I'd be really glad.​
Thanks​
I too have got admit for ITS for FALL 2021, Could someone help me with this?