+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking for help

JJOYA

May 30, 2012
Hello

I am a commerce graduate and living alone with my kid, right now i am in Canada on visitor visa. Recently some mishaps happened in my life and I am seriously thinking to relocate and start a new lease of life, reason is my husband recently died in an accident.

While being a visitor in Canada i realise that I can start a new life here but the opportunities for the commerce graduate are not encouraging at all for the studies i did. Neither I can apply for work permit or PR. So few people suggested the study route and then working then applying for PR. I am pretty new to the international studies, the procedures and other details. While searching on internet i found this site very useful and i registered today.

The help i am looking for that can any one suggest me the type of studies i should study in Canada which can lead to work permit and allow me to settle here. Also whether should it be a University or a College etc. I have my brother, who is a Canadian living here and promised to extend full support if i wish to settle here.

My back ground is: I completed Bachelor's degree in Commerce(Accounting) from India.

I request all seniors to extend their help so that I can decide the course of action and start the steps.

Thanks and Regards
JJOYA

rehan ali

May 29, 2012
Well as far as my information ..If you are bachelors and ur bachelors is equivalent to Canadian bachelors than you can file your PR..
And if you have been staying in Canada for the time required for applying PR.

JJOYA

May 30, 2012
I can not apply for PR as I am not on work permit, I am looking for ways to apply for PR through study route

Thanks

rehan ali

May 29, 2012
You should find a uni and continue in your same feild..Dont change your feild otherwise your application might rejected because the mismatch of the study.

Jd5

Star Member
May 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

JJOYA said:
Hello

I am a commerce graduate and living alone with my kid, right now i am in Canada on visitor visa. Recently some mishaps happened in my life and I am seriously thinking to relocate and start a new lease of life, reason is my husband recently died in an accident.

While being a visitor in Canada i realise that I can start a new life here but the opportunities for the commerce graduate are not encouraging at all for the studies i did. Neither I can apply for work permit or PR. So few people suggested the study route and then working then applying for PR. I am pretty new to the international studies, the procedures and other details. While searching on internet i found this site very useful and i registered today.

The help i am looking for that can any one suggest me the type of studies i should study in Canada which can lead to work permit and allow me to settle here. Also whether should it be a University or a College etc. I have my brother, who is a Canadian living here and promised to extend full support if i wish to settle here.

My back ground is: I completed Bachelor's degree in Commerce(Accounting) from India.

I request all seniors to extend their help so that I can decide the course of action and start the steps.

Thanks and Regards
JJOYA

The best option would be a study permit. You are on a visitor visa and once it get expired, you would have to leave Canada. And chances of study permit issuance from inside Canada are much higher as compare to India. University or College; it depend more on your financial strength and past academic performance. I recommend a straight 2 year course, so that you can work on a 3 year post graduate work permit.

JJOYA

May 30, 2012
Any idea which course will be of 2 years duration and related to my commerce/accounting background, what are the chances to get the 3 year work permit after completing studies and is the course should be of post graduate or even bachelor's degree will work, post graduate courses here are of only one year so in that case if i do MBA of some master's course in accounting etc. what work permit will i get.

Also to get admission do i write the IELTS and in case of MBA admission do i have to write GMAT. Some people told me that it's not possible to get study permits while being on visitor visa in Canada, i have to apply from my home country only.

In that case do i need a consultant for the whole process including admission and visa etc. if yes then can you please suggest any good consultant/ agency from Mumbai area.

Thanks and Regards
JJOYA

Jd5

Star Member
May 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

JJOYA said:
Any idea which course will be of 2 years duration and related to my commerce/accounting background, what are the chances to get the 3 year work permit after completing studies and is the course should be of post graduate or even bachelor's degree will work, post graduate courses here are of only one year so in that case if i do MBA of some master's course in accounting etc. what work permit will i get.

Also to get admission do i write the IELTS and in case of MBA admission do i have to write GMAT. Some people told me that it's not possible to get study permits while being on visitor visa in Canada, i have to apply from my home country only.

In that case do i need a consultant for the whole process including admission and visa etc. if yes then can you please suggest any good consultant/ agency from Mumbai area.

Thanks and Regards
JJOYA

You will get a guaranteed 3 year work permit provided you successfully complete a 2 year course (which is equal to a 16 months of actual study).
You could be a graduate of a PG or UG level. Most of the Post Graduate 'Certificate' are only of 1 year duration. Few Post Graduate 'Diploma' courses like 'Global Business Management' program is of 2 years duration. Most of the Master degree level courses are 1 to 2 years of duration. Yes, you will have to appear for Ielts because you graduate from India. You can appear for this test in Canada. GMAT is not required in few business schools. These schools are not good in ranking, but they are very well recognized to confer degree in Canada. Like Vancouver Island University, British Columbia; Royal Road University, British Columbia; Lake Head University, Ontario etc. You can apply for a study permit on your visitor visa, and you will have to send/apply online at buffalo visa office, US (it's very normal/common for certain categories of people to send their application here).

In short, try to exercise all possible options inside Canada. Once you are out of Canada, things might get difficult for you.

JJOYA

May 30, 2012
Thank you very much for your prompt reply. Can you please guide me more regarding the courses available in York university or Sheridan college in Brampton as they are near for me. My doubt in picking any course is that, as you said that sheridan is offering most of the post graduate programs as one year certificate programs, in case of York university to do any post graudate program they are not accepting Indian bachelor degree of 3 years.

So in this situation can you please guide me further that how can i pick a course where i get sure shot study permit.

Yes, I will exercise all the available options and if nothing works i will start from zero from India.

Thank you very much once again.

H

HBK

JJOYA said:
(1) humber GBM (2year)
(2)centenial GBM (2year)
(3)lambton post graduate diploma in businee (2Year)
(4) North Island college GMB (2 year)

like the man said you need 16 year education to get into MBA

Do it yourself. Admission/visa process is very simple to follow. stick to this forum

Thanks and Regards
JJOYA

Jd5

Star Member
May 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

JJOYA said:
Thank you very much for your prompt reply. Can you please guide me more regarding the courses available in York university or Sheridan college in Brampton as they are near for me. My doubt in picking any course is that, as you said that sheridan is offering most of the post graduate programs as one year certificate programs, in case of York university to do any post graudate program they are not accepting Indian bachelor degree of 3 years.

So in this situation can you please guide me further that how can i pick a course where i get sure shot study permit.

Yes, I will exercise all the available options and if nothing works i will start from zero from India.

Thank you very much once again.

One thing I see in your query. It's almost impossible for you to get into any Master with a 3 year Indian UG Degree. And, for your sure shot study permit from inside Canada, it depend on the "quality and content" of your study plan. If you go for any PG Certificate/Diploma course, then chances of approval/refusal are 50-50. But, somehow if you get into a Master course, then chances are almost 90 percent. With a 3 year degree, your only option is college (forget University). I think you should try for a full undergraduate degree of 3 year. I see some risk in PG Certificate/Diploma. But, it doesn't mean a refusal but just some risk.

H

HBK

Jd5 said:
Hi,

One thing I see in your query. It's almost impossible for you to get into any Master with a 3 year Indian UG Degree. And, for your sure shot study permit from inside Canada, it depend on the "quality and content" of your study plan. If you go for any PG Certificate/Diploma course, then chances of approval/refusal are 50-50. But, somehow if you get into a Master course, then chances are almost 90 percent. With a 3 year degree, your only option is college (forget University). I think you should try for a full undergraduate degree of 3 year. I see some risk in PG Certificate/Diploma. But, it doesn't mean a refusal but just some risk.
Jd5,
Students with 15 year education have only one option left. Pg diploma. Because it is almost impossible to get into master and i think v.o know this very well. so really can't say about chances.

JJOYA

May 30, 2012
Again thank you very much for the quick reply.

You mean, it is wise to go for a 3 year degree in accounting/business management but in this case it is not a post graduate course, so will i be eligible to get post graduate work permit for 3 years, this i can manage with the help of my brother.

You are right, getting admission in PG programs like MBA/MFA requires GMAT and IELTS of 7.5 bands and 4 year bachelor's degree etc. so it is better to take out this option from my choices, am i right?

As you said Global business management course, humber college is having this course, this is of 2 years and after completing this course am i eligible for 3 years work permit.

May i know the exact criteria of type of education we should have to get this PGWP.

I know I am bothering you but please bear with me as being new to the whole process i have so many doubts.

Thanks again.

H

HBK

JJOYA said:

You mean, it is wise to go for a 3 year degree in accounting/business management but in this case it is not a post graduate course, so will i be eligible to get post graduate work permit for 3 years, this i can manage with the help of my brother.
I don't see any logic for going under graduate program again where as you already have bachelor degree. Better to pick 2 year PG diploma course.

You are right, getting admission in PG programs like MBA/MFA requires GMAT and IELTS of 7.5 bands and 4 year bachelor's degree etc. so it is better to take out this option from my choices, am i right?

Absolutely right. you have no more option for master.
As you said Global business management course, humber college is having this course, this is of 2 years and after completing this course am i eligible for 3 years work permit.
Most probably 3 year PGWP

May i know the exact criteria of type of education we should have to get this PGWP.

Diploma/certificate/degree from recognised schools only
I know I am bothering you but please bear with me as being new to the whole process i have so many doubts.

Thanks again.

Jd5

Star Member
May 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

JJOYA said:

Thanks again.

You should focus more on the study permit approval at Buffalo visa office, not on your possible 3 year work permit.

There is no exact educational qualification criteria for a 3 year PGWP. All you need to pass a course with a valid study permit. Your PGWP is guaranteed for any course provided you graduate successfully. It's duration depend on the course duration. With a two year course you will get a 3 year PGWP.

You are not eligible for any Master course with a 3 year UG degree (even if there is no requirement of GMAT).

You can apply for a full 3 year UG degree in accounting related field. You are eligible to apply for that.

JJOYA

May 30, 2012
Thanks for the reply.

So it does not make any difference whether an under graduate degree or a post graduate certificate to get the work permit, only duration of the course which really matters, am i right? if not plz correct me.

Sure I will concentrate more on permit but my ultimate goal is to get PGWP so i just would like to clarify the doubts so that i can start well from the initial stage it self.

Now one more thing i would like to ask: I am already a bachelor degree holder and in this situation if i apply for an undergraduate course like accounting or something else then would it look suspicion for V.O.
Will it effect the chances of getting permit.

Thank you very much.