+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking for clarification for IMM 0008

Sep 21, 2018
Husband and I are working through the applications. Currently on IMM 0008, Additional details - questions 13 C, asking for spouses family name and given names. My confusion is solely just unsure what they may be requiring. Is it my maiden name or would it be my assumed married name for my family name? My understanding would be my maiden name but I'm just not confident and to worried about putting in the wrong info. Thank you in advance for anyone's assistance!

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Husband and I are working through the applications. Currently on IMM 0008, Additional details - questions 13 C, asking for spouses family name and given names. My confusion is solely just unsure what they may be requiring. Is it my maiden name or would it be my assumed married name for my family name? My understanding would be my maiden name but I'm just not confident and to worried about putting in the wrong info. Thank you in advance for anyone's assistance!
It is Spouse's Last Name , First Name as it reads his name is not going to change, I would put as he has presently. This is generic Application for the Applicant who is being Sponsored from Canada.

Sep 21, 2018
Thank you for the response! I just wanna make sure im not misunderstanding anything. I am in Canada and sponsoring my spouse. So when he was filing out the generic application, its asking for his spouse (I am his wife) last name. So with that would I use my maiden name or is it correct to use my now married name, his last name?
Again thank you! :)

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Thank you for the response! I just wanna make sure im not misunderstanding anything. I am in Canada and sponsoring my spouse. So when he was filing out the generic application, its asking for his spouse (I am his wife) last name. So with that would I use my maiden name or is it correct to use my now married name, his last name?
Your actual current name, not the maiden name. The form is asking for correct and current info.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Did you legally change your name to his last name yet? My wife made a new Passport with my last name so she pit her last name ; same as mine. If you did not change your last name [some countries allow a woman to keep her parents name after marriage too] If you want to keep your last name as be4 marriage the it is nothing wrong if he writes your maiden name there. On top you guys have a marriage certificate too! Look what is your LAST name there! In our case on our marriage Certificate they wrote my Last name for wife too. On her passport was the same name as mine. I hope it should be clear by now. For clarifications please see the Guide or phone them :)

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
No problem my friend anytime because I have gone through all these forms so I told you,, what I knew have a nice day