+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking for Best College offering PG Diploma

Discussion in 'Education' started by Bhavika92, Aug 10, 2019.

  1. Hi,

    I am looking to study PG DIploma and I have done BE Electronics and communication with 4 years of experience as Network Engineer. I am looking for further PG Diploma options . I want to know how is cyber security's scope post studying PG or ang other suitable course for me. please suggest the best college ASAP.
  2. Canada is obviously a big country so any particular city or province based on your own research ?
  3. I am so support canada because Canada is a big country which country everyone likes to live in millions of people saying to you if I get Canada I will never need anything for my life
  4. You should not believe everything everyone tells you, the streets of Canada are not paved with gold and everyone has to work very hard same as every other country there is nothing for free

  5. province wise i would like qubec or ontario where college as well as part time working will be available. Also a better college which has CS ot IT course. I looked into lot of colleges for PG diploma in city and am extremely confused. Please help
  6. #6 visatest, Aug 10, 2019 at 7:11 AM
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    If you want value go to Memorial University in Newfoundland: https://www.mun.ca/. They offer the lowest cost education in Canada for International students with fees of $11500 a year and $9500 residence fees. Plus they are a truly reputable school. I know they aren't a college; but, if you can afford Memorial why not upgrade to a University. They offer a Bachelor's of Engineering in Computers with cyberdefense and networking.

    "Our provincial government continues to subsidize tuition, giving us one of the lowest tuition fees in the country. That means it is more affordable for local, national and international students to come to Memorial. Combine that with the fact that St. John's has one of the lowest cost of living rates of all the capital cities in Canada and you'll realize that you can afford to go east." MUN

    Also remember that as a student you may only work 20hrs a week and it must be on campus. This is the same for ALL postsecondary institutions in Canada.
  7. Maybe explain your last statement given generally someone studying full time on a study permit can work up to 20 hours a week off campus as long as they meet the conditions.

  8. #9 Bs65, Aug 10, 2019 at 11:37 AM
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    Maybe you can post the IRCC instruction here then given this link is dated June


    This is from this last week no mention that is now on campus only for all institutions. As long as the permit indicates can work off campus then is not an issue unless there is some other overriding instruction out there and IRCC have left these links up in error.


    Maybe I am confused by what I am reading.
  9. #10 visatest, Aug 10, 2019 at 12:59 PM
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    Hi there Bs65; this is the operative list of Conditions which must be met before you can work off campus. I would think most international students would be OK. But check each item first before you do work off campus to avoid problems. IT IS STILL 20 HOURS MAX WHETHER IT IS ON CAMPUS OR OFF.

    "If you have a study permit and are enrolled full-time in an eligible institution:

    If you have a study permit and are enrolled full-time in an academic, professional or vocational training program at a designated learning institution:

    If you receive your study permit after June 1:

    • your study permit will indicate if you are able to work off campus. If so, you are allowed to work for up to 20 hours per week while:
    • your program is in session, and
    • full-time during scheduled breaks in the academic calendar.
    You may work for any employer in Canada who is not on the ineligible employer list.

    You must have the appropriate work permit in order to take part in a co-op or internship program. You also must apply for a post-graduation work permit in order to work in Canada after your studies. For more details, see Work Permits for Students."
    from: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=496&top=15

Share This Page