+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

looking for a Community college for an international student.

Am Ismael

Sep 27, 2017
i want to study computer engineering or software engineering in a canadian university, but i find it very expensive so i am considering a community college for two years before transfering to university.

So basically i am looking for affordable community colleges in Canada

i am also hoping to get a permanent residency in order to lessen the tuition fees for university.

hope you can share your experience or share some valuable websites or anything.

thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The Canadian system is different from the US. Don't think you can do a 2 year college course and then transfer to a university for your 3rd and 4th year.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not sure who runs this website but partnerships between colleges and university are not the norm. There are definitely a few examples but universities focus on theory and colleges on more practical applications. In Canada we don't even say community college we say college. Guarantee you can't take 2 year college computer course and then transfer to a 3rd year comp sci university program. I would email the university you are considering if you don't believe me. The Quebec system is a bit different but doesn't sound like you are going to go to CEGEP.

Am Ismael

Sep 27, 2017
Thank you so mush for answering back, it really means a lot to me.
Well..i see your point.
Can you please tell me more about CEGEP?
i only found that it would allow me to either study for 2years pre-uni..or 3years that is technical to get to Uni or job market.

Extra information:
- i speak french and english.
-i am from Morocco.
-i got my high school certificate with13,44/20 (67,2/100).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you so mush for answering back, it really means a lot to me.
Well..i see your point.
Can you please tell me more about CEGEP?
i only found that it would allow me to either study for 2years pre-uni..or 3years that is technical to get to Uni or job market.

Extra information:
- i speak french and english.
-i am from Morocco.
-i got my high school certificate with13,44/20 (67,2/100).
If you have graduated from high school it doesn't make a ton of sense to go to CEGEP Not sure if the Moroccan school system is like a Lycee francais but universities in Quebec and Ottawa University will have a better understanding about why your marks are so low because you are really being graded out of 20 and 13.44/20 is bien/assez bien.