+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking for 1 or 2 Bedroom Apartment (Toronto)

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
There's no culture of renting furnished apartments in Toronto. 99% of listings are unfurnished. If you rent furnished you're likely getting ripped off. Makes much more sense to just buy your own (new or second hand) furniture. With second hand be mindful of potential bedbugs.

1400-1700 should be enough for a one bedroom, although it may not be easy since that's more on the cheaper side. 2-Weeks airbnb is good. Make sure you choose an airbnb host with lots of good reviews.
Thanks for valuable insights. I agree, I was thinking same about unfurnished, as Initially I would have some savings, which I intend to invest for basic furniture from IKeA.
About Airbnb thanks for tip! I will surely check it.

So, what's the good way, to check apartments while I reach there? I mean should I check some websites, or I check with some realty brokers? on forum I found suggested website like viewit.ca or 4rent.ca...

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
@aircanada and @canuck78 as per your advise, I was checking AirBnB for 2 weeks in Toronto for (2 adults, 1 child), in nearby areas (oldtown, highpark, bloor, Danforth etc.), I found $50-$60 per night, so two weeks cost around $700-$900. you think it's OK? or there's alternate economic solution?
What you suggest?

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
$50-60/night for 2 adults and a child is very cheap.
OK perfect! I was just confirming as have no idea about prices there....so once my flight date would be confirmed, prior to that I will book something from superhost..thanks again!

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
OK perfect! I was just confirming as have no idea about prices there....so once my flight date would be confirmed, prior to that I will book something from superhost..thanks again!
Beware. Cheap is not always good. Do check if other BnB's in the area are offering similar prices. If not, then do through check as something might be wrong with the BnB.

Reactions: jojee2k6

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Beware. Cheap is not always good. Do check if other BnB's in the area are offering similar prices. If not, then do through check as something might be wrong with the BnB.
Agreed, I will also checking from VRBO, i never used these websites, so i just checked airbnb, and vrbo...but thanks I will surely check everything prior to book.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Agreed, I will also checking from VRBO, i never used these websites, so i just checked airbnb, and vrbo...but thanks I will surely check everything prior to book.
I have used VRBO. I always try to sort by most no. of reviews then pick the one with better average review ratings and price.

Reactions: jojee2k6