+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LONGEST CASES (prior to 2010) PLEASE JOIN IN

RAEDSARA

Aug 22, 2012
I JUST GOT A COPY OF MY FILE WHICH CONSISTS OF 25 PAGES. NOTHING SPECIAL AS I EXPECTED, JUST A NARRATION AND LISTING OF EVENTS FROM JULY 2005 UP TO NOW.

nmc88

Sep 13, 2012
Hi,

I've been in Canada for over 9 years now. Became a permanent resident in the summer of 2007 and then sent my citizenship application in October 2009. I passed the citizenship test in January 2011 and nothing since!
Every time I call, there is the same answer "still in process". Last time it was a little bit different, the agent said they are doing an investigation and checking everything since the moment I arrived. Is this normal? What is exactly an investigation and why? Did anyone else experienced something similar?

This process has been so long that even my resident card expired so I just had to apply for a renewal since I have no idea how much longer is this going to take?

I would greatly appreciate if someone can reply to this message so I know I'm not alone. Thank you!

desibabu

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
if we can come with 100 applicant with long pending citizenship application, i think we protest at the CIC office and get media attention.
just a thought.

ajslp

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
@RAEDSARA: I doubt CIC is singling out you just because you have an Arabic name or you are from Middle East. There are many people with middle east background who go through citizenship application with out any hiccups. I personally know few guys with Middle East background in my company who have acquired Canadian citizenship without any problems.

You have to understand there are many people who have their spouse and kids living in Canada but they themselves work in Gulf countries or USA. They try to cheat the system by creating a fake company and fake employment and payslips. Many of those applicants were aided by immigration consultants/lawyers. CIC is well aware of it now. It could be that CIC is just trying to double check and verify your case is not one of those and is indeed a genuine case. Since CIC has now stated investigating any remotely suspicious cases, it is causing delay for everyone as there is limited human resource.

Since you have got your MP involved, I am sure CIC has your case in processing. It is does not seem like your file is misplaced or something. It seems like you got a copy from CIC too. I guess at this stage all you can do is wait. I think you have done everything possible from your side to speed up.

Rosebud

Oct 12, 2012
Hello!

You are not the only one in this boat :( There are others too. I Landed on Mar 2006, Applied for Citizenship in Aug 2009, took Test in Dec 2010, renewed my PR in Feb 2012 and still waiting for Citizenship Oath. Only problem I see is I am from a Muslim country. Left Canada only for 48 days to visit family and worked like a crazy person; got under apid and still struggling. They have completed my background checks twice as per the Call Center Agents. All is good and clear but ?????????????????????

So don't be upset sometimes we have to pay the price for others mess. B Positive and have faith in God and he knows the best how and when to reward us. :)

RAEDSARA

Aug 22, 2012
TIMELINE AS OF 1.1.2013 AS FOLLOWS:
LANDED 7.5 YEARS AGO
APPLIED 4.5 YEARS AGO
TESTED 3.5 YEARS AGO
RQ 3 YEARS AGO

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RAEDSARA said:
TIMELINE AS OF 1.1.2013 AS FOLLOWS:
LANDED 7.5 YEARS AGO
APPLIED 4.5 YEARS AGO
TESTED 3.5 YEARS AGO
RQ 3 YEARS AGO
If you have the funds it may be worth filing a writ of Mandumus to the Federal Court. If found in your favour then CIC will have to give you a Yes or No decision. You will need legal representation so shop around for fee quotes. You have nothing to loose if the legal fees are 'reasonable' - you lawyer can always apply for costs against CIC.

nmc88

Sep 13, 2012
It's been two years since I had the citizenship test and over 5 years since I sent my application. Called immigration and yet again, same answer : "still in process" and the agent didn't have any other answers for me! When asked if it's normal to wait this long, the agent said "no" since I already passed my test, so I need some suggestions on what I should I do next and who will have an answer for me why is taking so long, what's wrong and what do I need to do?
Anyone in a similar situation?
My best friend and my cousin passed their test few months ago and two months later were invited to the Oath ceremony so I can't help but think something is wrong with my case. I had a boyfriend before and we separated 3 years ago (it wasn't a nice breakup) so I wonder if he is doing something to get back at me?

mvb

Feb 8, 2013
File ATIP to get GCMS, which may shed some info about your delay. It is free and takes 30 days.

saldally

Feb 11, 2013
HELLO. JUST TO ADVICE YOU THAT YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE WHOSE APPLICATION HAS BEEN COLLECTING DUST. I LANDED IN CANADA IN 1994, ARRIVED IN 1991, APPLIED IN FOR CITIZENSHIP IN AUGUST OF 2009. I FINALLY DID MY TEST ON AUGUST 22/2012 AND YOU CAN TELL THAT I AM VERY FRUSTRATED FOR HAVING TO WAIT FOR SO LONG.. IT WILL BE 6 MONTHS TOMORROW SINCE MY TEST WRITING AND NO ANSWER.

ymax

Jan 26, 2013
Me also :eek:
CIC Office: Mississauga
Recieved by mail: May 2009
Online Status: Nov 2009
Recieved ACK: Nov 2009
Proces Start: Feb 2010
Transf May 2010
Test Nov 18 2010
RQ Dec 2010
RQ trasf St Clair Nov 2012

RAEDSARA

Aug 22, 2012
Up to this date, here is my timeline:

93 months landed(soon to be 8 years) in 2005
56 months applied(soon to be 5 years) in 2008
42 months tested(soon to be 4 years) in 2009
40 months RQ(3.5 years) in 2009
still waiting

RAEDSARA

Aug 22, 2012
Mary,

I don't know what kind of legal help you are refering to. I have been told it is a grant and not a right. But at the same time what are the basis of this grant. I remember when we were young and applying for grants at the university there were some basic requirements to apply for the grant. In the citizenship case it should be granted if somebody fullfils the requirements. This is how I feel. Too much authority is delegated to the officers and the human factor will be an element in judgement. A human factor can be unjust and biased and will be affected by the mood of that officer, the country's political stand and some other factors. Biased decisions will create an environment of unfairness amongst applicants. I have seen according to the requirements people who were granted while not fullfilling what is required. I feel that there is inconsistency in the agency's policy and those who work there are not all the time the right match for the job. And there is corruption as well.

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree ... how about writ of mandamus? You already waited enough, someone at Cic needs to get up from his/her seat and start reviewing your file.
Did you get your Atip?