+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LONGEST CASES (prior to 2010) PLEASE JOIN IN

RAEDSARA

Aug 22, 2012
HI EVERBODY,

I WANTED TO START THIS THREAD TO GET HELP FROM AND TO HELP THOSE WHO APPLIED LONG TIME AGO LIKE MYSELF. IF ANYONE OUT THEIR THAT APPLIED PRIOR TO 2010 PLEASE REPLY. THAT MEANS YOU APPLIED IN 2009, 2008 OR EVEN BEFORE. AND HONESTLY I DONT THINK THERE WOULD BE MANY WHO WOULD FIT IN THIS CATEGORY BUT IF YOU ARE PLEASE JOIN IN.
I LANDED IN THE SUMMER OF 2005, APPLIED IN THE SUMMER OF 2008, TESTED IN SPRING OF 2009, GOT A RQ IN FALL OF 2009 AND STILL WAITING. IT WILL BE EXACTLY 3 YEARS SINCE MY RQ IN 3 MONTHS. DID EVERYTHING IN THE BOOK TO KNOW WHAT TAKING THEM THAT LONG. VISITED MY PREVIOUS MP TWICE, MY CURRENT ONE SEVERAL TIMES. VISITED A LAWYER AND A CONSULTANT. WROTE LETTERS. I ONLY LEFT THE COUNTRY FOR 19 DAYS IN 2007 TO VISIT MY DYING BROTHER. I HAVE BEEN LIVING IN THE SAME PLACE FOR OVER 7 YEARS BUT IT IS A RENTAL. I HAVE A WIFE AND 3 CHILDREN ONE OF THEM WAS BORN HERE. THEY ALL GOT IT IN THE SAME MONTH I GOT MY RQ BUT THEY WERE IN A SEPARATE FILE. I FIGURED THAT I WOULD APPLY ALONE SINCE THEY CAME AFTER ME BY FEW MONTHS. THEY GOT IT IN 10 MONTHS. I RUN MY OWN SUCCESSFULL BUSINESS. MY CHILDREN ENROLLED IN SCHOOLS AND EVEN MY MP AND CONSULTANT ARE PUZZLLED. ACTUALLY MY MP SAID THAT IAM THE LONGEST CASE HE GOT IN HIS OFFICE. I LIVED IN KUWAIT IN MY CHILDHOOD UNTILL HIGH SCHOOL. BEEN IN THE USA SINCE 1987 TILL 2005 SINCE I LANDED. IN BETWEEN LIVED 2.5 YEARS IN JORDAN. I AM OF ARABIC BACKGROUND IF THAT MATTERS.
I THINK IAM A GOOD CITIZEN I MIND MY OWN BUSINESS AND BUSY 24/7 BETWEEN MYSELF, MY FAMILY AND MY BUSINESS. I HAVE BEEN DEPRIVED THOUGH FROM TRAVELLING ALONG WITH MAY FAMILY WHENEVER THEY GO IN THE LAST FEW YEARS SINCE MY PASSPORT HAVE EXPIRED. I FEEL ALIENATED AND SINGLED OUT FOR NO OBVIOUS REASON. I KNOW MANY PERSONS WHO GOT IT IN FEW MONTHS EVEN THOSE WHO GOT RQ EVENTUALLY GOT IT WITHIN A YEAR. MY COMBINED WAITING PERIOD NOW IS AS FOLLOWS:
7 YEARS 2 MONTHS SINCE LANDING(86 MONTHS)
4 YEARS 2 MONTH SINCE APPLICATION(50 MONTHS)
2 YEARS 9 MONTHS SINCE RQ( 33 MONTHS ).
I WELCOME ANY COMMENT, FEEDBACK OR SYMPATHY. ANY INPUT WILL BE APPRECIATED AND VALUED.

ajslp

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Re: LONGEST CASES PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK

It is hard for any people in the forum to know exactly what is going on in your case without knowing the details of your case. Most people can only make some an educated guess or speculate based on other cases. Every case is different. There might be one specific information that might be different from other cases.

You should be able to write to CIC requesting the cause for delay in RQ process. You will get at least some information regarding the case.

It is not quite clear on your timeline.
You have mentioned that you Landed in summer of 2005 and applied for citizenship in the summer of 2008.
You have also mentioned that you lived in Jordan for 2.5 years since landing.
If that's accurate, your citizenship will be very likely rejected as one of the basic requirement for Canadian citizenship is 3 years presence in the last 4 years from the date of application.
It is not clear from you post that 2.5 years stay in Jordon was during 2005-2008 period or after that.

Your case might just be in the queue to be invited for a meeting with CJ. Every one is given an opportunity for a meeting with CJ to explain his/her case even though he/she is going to be denied and asked to reply after requirements are met.

If you indeed met 1095 days requirement, it could be a situation of either the officials trying to verify those information or some background checks. I would just write a letter to CIC for release of information.

As far as traveling situation, I don't know your situation regarding whether you have any issues regarding renewal of your passport from your origin country. If I were in your shoes, I would renew the passport and keep up to date until I get a Canadian one.

RAEDSARA

Aug 22, 2012
AJSLP,

I DIDNT TRAVEL OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY EXCEPT FOR 19 DAYS. MY 2.5 YEARS IN JORDAN WAS 1997 TO 2000 AND USA BETWEEN 1987 TO 1997 THEN 2000 TO 2005. I TRAVELED IN NOVEMBER 20TH 2007 TO DECEMBER 9TH. I WROTE THEM THRU A CONSULTANT I HIRED IN MAY 2011 NO ANSWER. I JUST SENT A LETTER TO GET A COPY OF MY FILE JUST LAST WEEK HOPING I WILL GET AN ANSWER. WHENEVER I CALL THE TOLL FREE NUMBER OR I SPEAK TO MY MP THEY SAY IAM STILL WAITING. AND MY TURN IS COMING ANYTIME.

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wish i have any suggestion for you, this is really sad, no accountability for Cic, You already request notes on your file, keep us posted what is in your file and if why such ridiculous delay, BTW what was your status in USA??
i wish you good luck, You will soon hear the good news from Cic :)..have faith..

ZYXWVU98

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
it is very sad to hear your story. even without canadian passport, you can still use your own country's passport to travel. of course, you might have to apply for the visa and experience some special treatment while travelling with your family since they hold canadian passport. but that should not be the reason you are left behind when your family travel. i have been on a job with a lot of travel in the past, i am not a canadian citizen and all my colleagues are. i did feel being singled out on some occasions travelling overseas. but it is just real life. don't be upset with it, rather spend time and enjoy being together with your family. your citizenship case will eventually go through, hope that doesn't take up all your focus.

RAEDSARA

Aug 22, 2012
HI MARY CHAD I KNOW I WILL GET IT ONE DAY IT IS JUST GETTING RIDICULOUS AS YOU SAID NO ACCOUNTABILTY WHTSOEVER ESPECIALLY THAT ALL MY FRIENDS OR PEOPLE I KNOW OR CLIENTS OF MINE GOT IN HALF OF MY TIMELINE.

RAEDSARA

Aug 22, 2012
HI ZYXWVU98,

I AGREE WITH YOU IT JUST HAPPENED THAT IN DIFFERENT SITUATIONS IN EUROPE MY FAMILY CHOSE TO SLEEP IN THE AIRPORT FOR 14 HOURS WITH ME ALTHOUGH THEY COULD HAVE GRANTED ENTRY BUT I COULDNT SO THEY STAYED WITH ME ALSO I CAN LIST OTHER INCIDENTS SO I CHOSE JUST TO STAY HERE WHILE THEY TRAVEL. IT IS SO DEGRADING AND DEPPRESSING WHAT I WENT THROUGH WITH MY FAMILY SO FINALLY I LET MY PASSPORT EXPIRE.

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Try sending email to Minister Kenny office, they do reply, as it was mentioned by another applicant....
You have to make noise in order to get heard...

RAEDSARA

Aug 22, 2012
I got clearance from them i think. I paid 45 dollara to get clearance. Honestly i cant figure out what could be wrong especially those who come from war torn areasvthry submit much more security clearance than other peacefull areas. I had to get clearance from 3 countries and five states .

ZYXWVU98

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
but your security clearance should have been done when you became PR. i don't understand why they are doing the repeating work.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ZYXWVU98 said:
but your security clearance should have been done when you became PR. i don't understand why they are doing the repeating work.
Yes, but it is at least 3 year later or more than the previous security check when PR was applied for.

RAEDSARA

Aug 22, 2012
Is there anyone who can shed some light or give some directioni am entering my fourth year under RQ soon I already entered my fifth year since citizrnship application and eith year since landing it is getting ridiculous. Whenever i call the tollfree number each time they rell something else. They used to tell me RQ takes up to 12 months when I passed my first year they said up to 24 months. Then they said up to 36 months now last weaak they said up to 48 months and sometimes they invent reasons once they run out of legit ones like one time they said we have to check my security background every time my application enters a new year also some times they say you have to wait for your turn. I gave up on those people. They lied to to me so many times and they contradict themselves . Officers are given too much power and wirh the way this government isvrunning things i see a gloomy future coming soon.

Aug 27, 2012
RAEDSARA said:
Is there anyone who can shed some light or give some directioni am entering my fourth year under RQ soon I already entered my fifth year since citizrnship application and eith year since landing it is getting ridiculous. Whenever i call the tollfree number each time they rell something else. They used to tell me RQ takes up to 12 months when I passed my first year they said up to 24 months. Then they said up to 36 months now last weaak they said up to 48 months and sometimes they invent reasons once they run out of legit ones like one time they said we have to check my security background every time my application enters a new year also some times they say you have to wait for your turn. I gave up on those people. They lied to to me so many times and they contradict themselves . Officers are given too much power and wirh the way this government isvrunning things i see a gloomy future coming soon.
Seriously, I think you need an immigration lawyer. I guess this kind of things can happen if your name is similar to that of some wanted terrorist. There are many scenarios. I think you need to hire a lawyer.

RAEDSARA

Aug 22, 2012
I contacted a lawyer already and for the amount they will charge me just to send a letter is too much especially all of them said no gaurantee but i paid anyways but they are not even answering him. As far as mixing my name with a terrorist is far from reality for two reasons. First you dont enter canada unliss you are clear from all countries you lived in. Secondly honestly my name is not common it is a contemberory name and not a common arabic name. But anything is possible. Sorry for the typos writing from my android phone.

ZYXWVU98

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
hi, raedsara, you already contacted your MP and lawyers, and still get no reply. there must be some reasons behind it. it could be beauracracy, but most likely something else. nobody here can really guess what happened. but if you do not plan to travel, then the only thing you can do is wait, but contact them to remind them your existence periodically. at least you are now in canada and enjoying your life, considering some 300k applicants waited more than 5 years for immigration only find their files be returned.