+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Long time waiting...

MehraT

Aug 18, 2019
Hi,

Here's a brief background to my application history, I had originally submitted my application on August 28th, 2018 within a week of which (7th September) I received the Invitation to Apply.

On 28th September 2018, I completed my online submission form with all the required information and proofs & submitted the application for Permanent residency.

At the time, I got a notification saying that the typical processing time would be 2 months. A month passed by and on October 30th 2018, & I got another notification asking for an additional document as proof which I subsequently submitted the following day.

At the completion of the 2 months from the original date of submission, I again got a notification stating that it would be another 6 months before the application gets processed. It gave me an estimated date of 29th March 2019 as the completion date.

The rest of the details listed are as follows:
Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents - We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

It has now been 5 months since the passing of that timeline, but there's no update at all.

I've also tried getting a response from the Web Form link, a number of times that too, but I'm yet to hear back from them even once.

Does the above sound normal or at the very least not completely unheard of?

I appreciate the time you took to read through such a long post. Not sure what to make of the delay.

RayZh

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Is there any possibility that your application simply got stuck at security check?
I heard that is the main cause for the majority of delayed applications..

MehraT

Aug 18, 2019
Is there any possibility that your application simply got stuck at security check?
I heard that is the main cause for the majority of delayed applications..
No way of finding that out, since there's no response even from the Web Form link either.

Order GCMS notes to find out if there is any review required.

My AOR is 17th Sept 2018 and still waiting.
Thank you for that suggestion, would you recommend any specific service to do that or are they all equally good? Also does it really help?

Yep, your AOR is probably from a couple of weeks before mine.

pavan23

Nov 18, 2014
No way of finding that out, since there's no response even from the Web Form link either.

Thank you for that suggestion, would you recommend any specific service to do that or are they all equally good? Also does it really help?

Yep, your AOR is probably from a couple of weeks before mine.

You can try GetGCMS, They respond quickly.
Do you know what's your Visa office ?

Yes if there is review required in any section, you can proactively send the documents to VO .

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
GCMS notes will tell you where your application stands. I used applyGCMS. You should get notes in around 30 days.

Reactions: MehraT

MehraT

Aug 18, 2019
You can try GetGCMS, They respond quickly.
Do you know what's your Visa office ?

Yes if there is review required in any section, you can proactively send the documents to VO .
Yes I do, will apply right away, thanks for the help. Will report back once I hear from them.

GCMS notes will tell you where your application stands. I used applyGCMS. You should get notes in around 30 days.
Thank you that helps too. Will apply there tonight and wait for the notes to come through.

MehraT

Aug 18, 2019
Yes I do, will apply right away, thanks for the help. Will report back once I hear from them.

Thank you that helps too. Will apply there tonight and wait for the notes to come through.
So I went with GetGCMS, did a quick search on both and while they're both great I did stumble upon some negative-ish reviews for applyGCMS concerning their delivery timelines. Will post back the results once I have them. Thanks again, I should've started this thread sooner and applied for it...