+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Long Delay in Temporary Visit Visa Application

Mark A.

Jan 28, 2019
Hello fellow forum members,

I am writing to seek your advice and inquire if anyone else has encountered a similar issue regarding the processing time for a temporary visit visa to Canada.

I have been eagerly waiting for over 3 years for a decision on my parent’s temporary visit visa application. Despite submitting the application with all the necessary documentation and meeting the requirements outlined, we have yet to receive any update on its status.
If anyone has faced a similar situation or has any insights into why this delay might be occurring, I would greatly appreciate your input. Perhaps you have some advice or suggestions on what steps can be taken to expedite the processing of the application.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Mark

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello fellow forum members,

I am writing to seek your advice and inquire if anyone else has encountered a similar issue regarding the processing time for a temporary visit visa to Canada.

I have been eagerly waiting for over 3 years for a decision on my parent’s temporary visit visa application. Despite submitting the application with all the necessary documentation and meeting the requirements outlined, we have yet to receive any update on its status.
If anyone has faced a similar situation or has any insights into why this delay might be occurring, I would greatly appreciate your input. Perhaps you have some advice or suggestions on what steps can be taken to expedite the processing of the application.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Mark
You should have reapplied a while back. I would suggest you do that now. See the link below.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

Mark A.

Jan 28, 2019
Hello forum members,

I’ve re-applied and again been waiting for 6 months with no updates. I can see the application being in process. However, it seems the application is stuck in a prolonged background check, and my attempts to contact the embassy only resulted in advice to wait. Does it make sense for a visitor visa to take more than 3 years for parents?

Has anyone faced a similar situation, especially with a visitor visa taking more than three years for parents? I would appreciate any insights or advice on how to handle this. Thank you in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.