+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lonely Programme

Tiny2023

Dec 30, 2022
Hello everyone I need some guidance on this.

I would like to sponsor my sister and her 2 little kids to Canada under the lonely Canadian Programme.

Both my parents are alive. (Father not close, mother too aged to migrate. She doesn't want to)
Am all by myself here no kids no spouse no one! Just me.

When I read through the government website, if I understood correctly (for my case) i cannot sponsor any other relative as long as my parents are still alive..

Is this true? Has anyone ever sponsored anyone under this program when their parents are alive?

Am a Canadian Permanent Resident. I work as a PSW.

Thank You'll kindly

Tiny

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Unfortunately, that is correct. While your parents or grandparents are alive, there isn't the option to sponsor anyone other than a spouse or children (and of course parents and grandparents).

Reactions: Tiny2023

Tiny2023

Dec 30, 2022
This is so frustrating! They force us to lie!!! Everyone should be given a chance to bring whoever they want in the lonely program. It's shouldn't be this way!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This is so frustrating! They force us to lie!!! Everyone should be given a chance to bring whoever they want in the lonely program. It's shouldn't be this way!
If you lie they will still be denied because your applications will be compared to all your previous applications and other data that the government has. They will likely receive a ban for 5 years if they lie on their application and may have longterm trouble getting visas or permits to enter many other countries. It is an extremely bad idea to lie. Unfortunately they must qualify to immigrate on their own.

The program exists only to allow those who have no parents or grandparents who are alive and no other family in Canada to bring in one family member and their dependents. If you have other people that you are entitled to sponsor you have the opportunity to sponsor them so you don’t qualify for the lonely Canadian program. The system is not meant to allow people to chose who they would prefer to sponsor.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No one is forcing you to lie. You simply cannot sponsor them. If your sister wishes to immigrate, she will need to qualify on her own through an economic immigration stream, like you did.

As said above, if you do lie and say both of your parents are deceased and attempt to sponsor your sister, assume this attempt will fail and both she and her children will be banned from Canada for 5 years for misrepresentation.

frange

May 25, 2018
Such a bad idea... If you lie, you will face the consequences for 5 years ban or more. You won't be eligible to sponsor for during the entire ban. Sponsored persons won't be eligible either for any kind of Canadian visa for the same period of time.

Hichou

Jan 25, 2022
Algérie
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Paris
Hello, I share with you my experience maybe it can help you.
My aunt wanted to sponsor me under the same program although her mother is still alive but seriously ill, she is 92 years old and she cannot travel or walk, so we prepared everything for the sponsorship but by attaching a medical file which proves the state of health of his mother and an explanatory letter in 29 may 2022.
on August 31 we received the letter of acceptance and the invitation to the medical visit and the collection of biometrics.
Now we are waiting for the Quebec acceptance certificate for three and a half months for the request of CSQuebec.
Hope this will help you and sorry for my english i'am francophone

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, I share with you my experience maybe it can help you.
My aunt wanted to sponsor me under the same program although her mother is still alive but seriously ill, she is 92 years old and she cannot travel or walk, so we prepared everything for the sponsorship but by attaching a medical file which proves the state of health of his mother and an explanatory letter in 29 may 2022.
on August 31 we received the letter of acceptance and the invitation to the medical visit and the collection of biometrics.
Now we are waiting for the Quebec acceptance certificate for three and a half months for the request of CSQuebec.
Hope this will help you and sorry for my english i'am francophone
This doesn’t mean that you will be approved on the end.

Reactions: armoured

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
please explain, I thought the acceptance letter means that this sponsorship is accepted if you meet the rest of the conditions
Generally speaking, the first acceptance letter is regarding the sponsor. This confirms the sponsor meets requirements, such as having sufficient income to sponsor. IRCC then processes the applicant part of the application (this is why they have now requested your biometrics and the medical). This is the stage where they determine if you meet the requirements to be sponsored.

What does the approval letter say exactly?

Reactions: Hichou

Hichou

Jan 25, 2022
Algérie
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Paris
Generally speaking, the first acceptance letter is regarding the sponsor. This confirms the sponsor meets requirements, such as having sufficient income to sponsor. IRCC then processes the applicant part of the application (this is why they have now requested your biometrics and the medical). This is the stage where they determine if you meet the requirements to be sponsored.

What does the approval letter say exactly?
"
Yes, this is what I understood from the beginning. Now, if the rest of the conditions are met, I don't think they will return to the case that my grandmother is still alive, since they accepted the conditions
here is a passage of what was written in the letter:
"You have met the federal eligibility requirements as a sponsor. Therefore, the Application for permanent residence of a member (members) of your family has been sent for processing"
Translated from french

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
"
Yes, this is what I understood from the beginning. Now, if the rest of the conditions are met, I don't think they will return to the case that my grandmother is still alive, since they accepted the conditions
here is a passage of what was written in the letter:
"You have met the federal eligibility requirements as a sponsor. Therefore, the Application for permanent residence of a member (members) of your family has been sent for processing"
Translated from french
That means very little. There is still a lot of time for your application to be denied. Until it is approved for sure you can’t know whether you will be able to get sponsorship with a grandmother who is still alive. We see many sponsorship applications being denied near the end of the process not at the beginning. You may still get approved but would not be telling others that you have been able to sponsor a relative without meeting the conditions until you have your passport stamped or even landed in Canada.

Reactions: Hichou

frange

May 25, 2018
That means very little. There is still a lot of time for your application to be denied. Until it is approved for sure you can’t know whether you will be able to get sponsorship with a grandmother who is still alive. We see many sponsorship applications being denied near the end of the process not at the beginning. You may still get approved but would not be telling others that you have been able to sponsor a relative without meeting the conditions until you have your passport stamped or even landed in Canada.
You right;
I remember telling him in private that an Algerian got denied near the end by VO Paris after he did everything (Medical, background check..etc. The guy was in the same situation like him and was on multiple threads related to lonely family as well.

Like he said.... fingers crossed.

Reactions: canuck78