+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London Visa Office

tashford

May 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We just don't know what delays there might be, so far things are not looking good for LVO applicants this year, this is why I starting this thread, along with the many things I have mentioned in the pass there are also many other things that can cause delays.

The only thing any of us LVO 2013 applicants can do is email the immigration minister. That it

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear LVO buddies,

I think we are mixing two things here. We were discussing the delay in processing which according to me, is caused by submitting less than perfect application while few other fellows believe due to nationality. Awai Ali discussed the factor i.e. high IELTS band, which can enhance the possibility of a bit fast processing but it has nothing to do with if the submitted application is perfect or not. An applicant with high IELTS band can also submit a bit weak application such as non-compliant supporting documents, improper certified true copies & translations etc.

I believe that the first step is to submit a perfect application, exactly in the way or even better CIC expects for. Once this is done, then other factors may boost the chances of fast processing. These factors may include education from well reputed and good ranked university, high IELTS band, work experience with well known multinational organizations, experience in multicultural environment, ability of spouse to get settled professionally incl. his/her education, IELTS result, work experience etc. and ability of relative in Canada to help principal applicant to get settled easily etc. I consider these factors important for the reason that along with basic parameters & criteria, Visa Officer/CIC also assesses that what is the ability of PR applicant to get settled in Canada and add to the economic growth of Canada.

hila01 said:
I don't agree with u sir. High score in IELTS does not guarantee speedy processing at all. Other factors come into play as well (BG check, medical etc). As long as u meet the minimum pass mark of 67, u are in. High score in IELTS only increases your overall total score. It's like saying if someone is British, u would expect him/her to get high score in IELTS because he/she is English. This is not usually the case. The only people who have priority processing now are those from Philippines who have been hit by typhoon, as long as they meet the minimum IELTS score of 6.0 and overall requirement.
luqi said:
in addition, any ambiguity among the dates of employment/marriage/etc may cause the delay.
awai ali said:
I agreed, One more factor is IELTS who has well scored in IELTS they go through comparatively earlier. My one friend who had 8.5 band Overall in IELTS got through just in 4 months from LVO.......and i know many of other who has 8 plus band.,.........

hila01

Jul 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
August 2014.
Abu Hassaan said:
Dear LVO buddies,

I think we are mixing two things here. We were discussing the delay in processing which according to me, is caused by submitting less than perfect application while few other fellows believe due to nationality. Awai Ali discussed the factor i.e. high IELTS band, which can enhance the possibility of a bit fast processing but it has nothing to do with if the submitted application is perfect or not. An applicant with high IELTS band can also submit a bit weak application such as non-compliant supporting documents, improper certified true copies & translations etc.

I believe that the first step is to submit a perfect application, exactly in the way or even better CIC expects for. Once this is done, then other factors may boost the chances of fast processing. These factors may include education from well reputed and good ranked university, high IELTS band, work experience with well known multinational organizations, experience in multicultural environment, ability of spouse to get settled professionally incl. his/her education, IELTS result, work experience etc. and ability of relative in Canada to help principal applicant to get settled easily etc. I consider these factors important for the reason that along with basic parameters & criteria, Visa Officer/CIC also assesses that what is the ability of PR applicant to get settled in Canada and add to the economic growth of Canada.

Thanks Abu. We are here to discuss about issues with LVO and how to get them to start processing FSWP 2013 applications and not base our conclusions and make calculations as to how LVO process individual applications on the basis of nationality and IELTS score.

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, if you think that there are issues with LVO and applicants can resolve those issues so that LVO can start processing our applications, then I am afraid it is not the case. I don't think so that there are issues with LVO and I also don't think so we can do something which can make LVO start processing our applications. I believe that LVO is working on its timelines and our applications are not considered as delayed yet but we can say that other visa offices are processing applications faster than promised.

hila01 said:
Thanks Abu. We are here to discuss about issues with LVO and how to get them to start processing FSWP 2013 applications and not base our conclusions and make calculations as to how LVO process individual applications on the basis of nationality and IELTS score.

sheikh958

Nov 26, 2012
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
PER:12-08-2013
File Transfer...
August 2013
Med's Request
28th July 2014
Med's Done....
21st August 2014
Interview........
Medical received: 27th August 2014
Passport Req..
22-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 07-10-2014. Visa issued: 03-10-2014.
LANDED..........
15th November 2014
Hi dear mates
It is nice to see all of your comments or ideas for delayed processing of LVO. I think you all are true to some extent. I can share a case of my friend who is already in Canada for 1 year and his visa office was Singapore. His total score was 68 with relatives point. However his IELTS score was bit low and then there was no minimum threshold. Interestingly, first time SGVO regretted his application though he had the minimum pass mark 67.
The reasons they showed:
1. your IELTS score is low so we dont think that it will be easy for you to get integrated into the Canadian society and get established economically and
2. your relative is receiving Canadian social assistance so he can not help you to establish economically in Canada.
However, he was given 60 days for arbitration. And he submitted some new documents and finally overcome.

I just shared the case. I dont have any opinion. Anything can be the reason. Everything is our luck.
All the best.

moncherie

Star Member
Jun 2, 2013
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
Med's Request
11/06/2014
Med's Done....
1/07/2014
Passport Req..
19/09/2014
Dear LVO applicants,
here is my own take about the matter... i feel we dont have a strong case as of now against LVO for not processing 2013 applications because cic requires you to mail the VO after 6 months of receiving your application and no correspondence sent(the earliest PER is in July which makes it 5 months).. We are all worried(same as me) because we read about other VO's issuing aor,mr,ppr and even visas, nobody knows what's really happening at LVO but it's clear that they are responsible for applications from many countries(unlike many VO's). Again the backlog,strike and background checks for non eu applicants all add up to the delay or elongated processing time.

im only praying LVO start soon and conclude all our case speedily......

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot sheikh958 for sharing the case. That is what I believe and wanted to say that even with pass marks, Visa Officer has the authority to reject the PR application on the grounds that he found the applicant incapable of getting settled in Canada. Similarly, CIC/Visa Officer has the authority to process the different applications at different pace due to certain factors.

We have to understand that we are the applicants and CIC is the authority. Authority always makes the business rules but not the applicants.

sheikh958 said:
Hi dear mates
It is nice to see all of your comments or ideas for delayed processing of LVO. I think you all are true to some extent. I can share a case of my friend who is already in Canada for 1 year and his visa office was Singapore. His total score was 68 with relatives point. However his IELTS score was bit low and then there was no minimum threshold. Interestingly, first time SGVO regretted his application though he had the minimum pass mark 67.
The reasons they showed:
1. your IELTS score is low so we dont think that it will be easy for you to get integrated into the Canadian society and get established economically and
2. your relative is receiving Canadian social assistance so he can not help you to establish economically in Canada.
However, he was given 60 days for arbitration. And he submitted some new documents and finally overcome.

I just shared the case. I dont have any opinion. Anything can be the reason. Everything is our luck.
All the best.

tashford

May 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can I please ask that if any people through the 2013 LVO application, please email the immigration minister.

As more and more other visa offices issue visas us at the LVO have had nothing processed and worth of all we have heard nothing from them.

Please email the minister.

pharmacistfarhan

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-5-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent along with application
AOR Received.
PER: 03-7-2013
IELTS Request
Sent along with application
File Transfer...
18-07-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-01-2014 , 3rd line appeared on ECAS on Jan 23, 2014, RPRF Request on May 13, 2014, RPRF DD received by LVO on May 19, 2014.
Interview........
Alhumdolillah waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 on Aug 26, 2014, PPR2 on Sep 24, 2014, Decision Made on Sep26, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Alhumdullilah Passports received on Sep 30, 2014
LANDED..........
22 Oct 2014
Dear fellows, upon my case specific inquiry to LVO, I received the following response today..............which I feel is a good sign..

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email of December 4, 2013.

Please be advised that your file is with an immigration officer for review. Once the review is complete in the early part of 2014, you will receive further instructions at that time.

Yours sincerely,

JMR
Program Assistant | Adjointe de programme
Immigration Section | Service d'immigration
High Commission of Canada | Haut-commissariat du Canada
38 Grosvenor Street
London W1K 4AA | Londres W1K 4AA
United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

nkalra

Champion Member
Sep 8, 2011
pharmacistfarhan said:
Dear fellows, upon my case specific inquiry to LVO, I received the following response today..............which I feel is a good sign..

Good afternoon,

Please be advised that your file is with an immigration officer for review. Once the review is complete in the early part of 2014, you will receive further instructions at that time.

Yours sincerely,

JMR
38 Grosvenor Street
Thanks Farhan,

Indeed its a good sign. Though its a common reply for every query.
But interesting part they have mentioned what we were expecting to start the case in early 2014.

LHEYYZ

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Dears !
Just a small query...while sending any document to LVO...should we mention file # and UCI on the envelope also..regards

awai ali

Champion Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
February 2014
Passport Req..
PPR1 and PPR2 in June with gap of 10 days .....
VISA ISSUED...
ما شاء الله ,الحمد لله......July 2014......
LANDED..........
September 2014...Living Happily in Vancouver B.C.
LHEYYZ said:
Hi Dears !
Just a small query...while sending any document to LVO...should we mention file # and UCI on the envelope also..regards

Yes a cover letter about matter inside and on envelope there must be your UCI number and nationality so that it could be easily delivered to concerned department......if you are sending any draft you must write your DOB, Name and UCI number on back .......

LHEYYZ

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks awai ali...uci as well as file #....right?

loncan

May 21, 2013
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
Jul 2014
pharmacistfarhan said:
I'm amazed they actually put a timescale to that, they are obviously being kind.

Many thanks for sharing (+1) - it is very encouraging

tashford

May 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pharmacistfarhan said:

Good afternoon,

Yours sincerely,

JMR
38 Grosvenor Street
Excellent sign, its the first time we've had a time scale, as always the pessimist lets just hope early 2014 means early 2014.