Updated documents request: March, 2013, second updated doc. request. May 2014
IELTS Request
sent along with application
Med's Request
Processing started: March, 2013. MR received: June, 19th 2014
Med's Done....
Medical done on July, 16th 2014, Ecas updated on July, 26th 2014
Passport Req..
PPR1; July, 24th 2014, PPR2; August, 11th 2014, Decision made on E-cas; August, 12th 2014, Passports dispached: August, 20th, Passports received with Visas: August, 25th
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2014
Hi Loncan and tashford,
Actually I have no idea about MI-1 & MI-2 applicants but it's quite clear that all MI-3 UK citizens got their visas in less than one year, however, please note that some applicants are UK "residents" and not "citizens" that's why their processing has taken longer than 12 months as our spreadsheet is showing only the country of residence not the country of origin.
Fingers crossed and good luck.

hila01

Jul 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
August 2014.
toothfairy_77 said:
Hi Loncan and tashford,
Actually I have no idea about MI-1 & MI-2 applicants but it's quite clear that all MI-3 UK citizens got their visas in less than one year, however, please note that some applicants are UK "residents" and not "citizens" that's why their processing has taken longer than 12 months as our spreadsheet is showing only the country of residence not the country of origin.
Fingers crossed and good luck.

If your spreadsheet is showing only country of residence and not the country of origin, what is the basis for concluding that those whose application got processed in less than 12 months were British citizens?
Personally, there is nothing like priority to certain citizens of a particular country of origin. CIC has stated certain criteria that may delay the processing of applications irrespective of your country of origin or residence:

"Factors that may delay processing
The following factors may delay the processing of your application:

unclear photocopies of documents

contact information that is unclear, illegible, incorrect or blocked by your internet server

documents not accompanied by a certified English or French translation

information and documents provided required independent verification- may delay citizens from other countries

a medical condition that may require additional tests or consultations- may delay citizens from other countries and British

a criminal or security problem- may delay citizens from other countries and British

family situations such as impending divorce, or custody or maintenance issues, or completion of a legal adoption

consultation is required with other offices in Canada and abroad- may delay citizens from other countries

Someone could have a criminal record or medical condition that requires further checks for instance and the fact that they are British does not give them priority over others from a different country. The fact also remains that if they had no criminal records or medical issues, they could also enjoy faster processing of their application. A friend of mine who applied for fswp from the UK in 2011 got his visa within 1 year and he is NOT a British citizen.

toothfairy_77

May 27, 2012
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March, 15th 2012, PER received on March, 27th 2012
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
PPR1; July, 24th 2014, PPR2; August, 11th 2014, Decision made on E-cas; August, 12th 2014, Passports dispached: August, 20th, Passports received with Visas: August, 25th
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2014
hila01 said:
If your spreadsheet is showing only country of residence and not the country of origin, what is the basis for concluding that those whose application got processed in less than 12 months were British citizens?
Personally, there is nothing like priority to certain citizens of a particular country of origin. CIC has stated certain criteria that may delay the processing of applications:

"Factors that may delay processing
The following factors may delay the processing of your application:

unclear photocopies of documents

contact information that is unclear, illegible, incorrect or blocked by your internet server

documents not accompanied by a certified English or French translation

information and documents provided required independent verification- may delay citizens from other countries

a medical condition that may require additional tests or consultations- may delay citizens from other countries and British

a criminal or security problem- may delay citizens from other countries

family situations such as impending divorce, or custody or maintenance issues, or completion of a legal adoption

consultation is required with other offices in Canada and abroad- may delay citizens from other countries

Someone could have a criminal record or medical condition that requires further checks for instance and the fact that they are British does not give them priority over others from a different country. The fact also remains that if they had no criminal records or medical issues, they could also enjoy faster processing of their application. A friend of mine who applied for fswp from the UK in 2011 got his visa within 1 year and he is NOT a British citizen.
The main reason for delaying processing is BG checks as in third world countries they take much longer due to corruption and non-cooperative agencies and public institutes. Regarding your question "what is the basis for concluding that those whose application got processed in less than 12 months were British citizens?" simply because we were posting in the same thread and they have claimed to be British. Moreover, applicants from 3rd world countries who reside UK or EU countries also got visas in reasonable time compared to us and this again because BG checks are much more simpler due to the system western countries implies.
Here, I'm only trying to share what I have observed. I'm not claiming that I have full knowledge or I know the reason why LVO is delaying our applications, I just wanted to share my observation with you guys to help you and myself understand how processing FSW applications is carried out by LVO.
Good luck to all.

hila01

Jul 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
August 2014.
toothfairy_77 said:
The main reason for delaying processing is BG checks as in third world countries they take much longer due to corruption and non-cooperative agencies and public institutes. Regarding your question "what is the basis for concluding that those whose application got processed in less than 12 months were British citizens?" simply because we were posting in the same thread and they have claimed to be British. Moreover, applicants from 3rd world countries who reside UK or EU countries also got visas in reasonable time and this again because BG checks are much more simpler due to the system western countries implies.

True, I agree with you but that is NOT to say or mean that priority is given to British citizens. I do hope that LVO start processing our applications. We are here to share our ideas and encourage each other. Cheers

toothfairy_77

May 27, 2012
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March, 15th 2012, PER received on March, 27th 2012
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2014
hila01 said:
True, I agree with you but that is NOT to say or mean that priority is given to British citizens.
I haven't mentioned the word prioritize or priority, again I just shared my observation.

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
tashford said:
So do we all actually think British citizens get processed quicker?
Sir

Pakistan is in negative list - A Terrorist harboring country

Pakistanis get special treatment due to background checks etc ,

hila01

Jul 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
August 2014.
toothfairy_77 said:
I haven't mentioned the word prioritize or priority, again I just shared my observation.

Cheers.

Maria_Sal

Feb 5, 2012
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-May-2013 PER Received: 07-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
19-Aug-2013
Med's Request
10-Jan-2014
Med's Done....
13-Jan-2014, Uploaded 16-Jan, ECAS 3rd line 'Medicals received' 20-Jan
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1:14-July-2014, PPR2:28-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Received passports with visa on 14-Aug-2014 :)
LANDED..........
inshaAllah in Jan-2015
msaeed said:
Sir

yes i agree....so all pakistanis out here be prepared...we might have to wait a little more longer than other forumites belonging to LVO..but i sincerely hope its not this way ??? :'(

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear msaeed,

I actually don't agree with you here. The delay happens from case to case but not because of nationality. Based on my experience, I can say that consultants and applicants in third world countries prepare a bit weak application compared to others. I am not saying that all consultants and applicants are preparing weaker applications but at least, more numbers in term of percentage.

I believe that it is totally dependent on how you prepare your application, what supporting documents you provide with your application, how genuine those supporting documents are and look like, and most importantly, in case of any non-compliance of any supporting document, how you build-up your case.

msaeed said:
Sir

awai ali

Champion Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
February 2014
Passport Req..
PPR1 and PPR2 in June with gap of 10 days .....
VISA ISSUED...
ما شاء الله ,الحمد لله......July 2014......
LANDED..........
September 2014...Living Happily in Vancouver B.C.
Abu Hassaan said:
Dear msaeed,

I actually don't agree with you here. The delay happens from case to case but not because of nationality. Based on my experience, I can say that consultants and applicants in third world countries prepare a bit weak application compared to others. I am not saying that all consultants and applicants are preparing weaker applications but at least, more numbers in term of percentage.

I believe that it is totally dependent on how you prepare your application, what supporting documents you provide with your application, how genuine those supporting documents are and look like, and most importantly, in case of any non-compliance of any supporting document, how you build-up your case.

I agreed, One more factor is IELTS who has well scored in IELTS they go through comparatively earlier. My one friend who had 8.5 band Overall in IELTS got through just in 4 months from LVO.......and i know many of other who has 8 plus band.,.........

luqi

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London<br/>[color=#CC9900][b]NOC code:................2147[/b][/color]<br/>IELTS:....: sent with application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[b]03-07-2013[/b]<br/>[color=yellowgreen][b]Fee charged.........: 23-09-2013 [/b][/color]<br/>[color=green][b]PER Received.......: 24-09-2013[/b][/color]<br/>[color=#C46767][b]Processing Started:21-01-2014[/b][/color]<br/>[color=#4E1D1D][b]Docs Request: 28-01-2014[/b][/color]<br/>
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
01-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2016
LANDED..........
[b][color=#800000]Landed 18th April 2016[/color][/b]
awai ali said:
I agreed, One more factor is IELTS who has well scored in IELTS they go through comparatively earlier. My one friend who had 8.5 band Overall in IELTS got through just in 4 months from LVO.......and i know many of other who has 8 plus band.,.........
in addition, any ambiguity among the dates of employment/marriage/etc may cause the delay.

awai ali

Champion Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
February 2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
luqi said:
in addition, any ambiguity among the dates of employment/marriage/etc may cause the delay.

Ageed..........

hila01

Jul 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
August 2014.
awai ali said:

I don't agree with u sir. High score in IELTS does not guarantee speedy processing at all. Other factors come into play as well (BG check, medical etc). As long as u meet the minimum pass mark of 67, u are in. High score in IELTS only increases your overall total score. It's like saying if someone is British, u would expect him/her to get high score in IELTS because he/she is English. This is not usually the case. The only people who have priority processing now are those from Philippines who have been hit by typhoon, as long as they meet the minimum IELTS score of 6.0 and overall requirement.

awai ali

Champion Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
February 2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Yup, it may true what you wrote .....I expressed my experience ........Ya if someone meet 67 score he or she must be through though.......