+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LONDON Visa Office Applicants....Lets connect here

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
Well getting your visa cancelled for any country is a BIG deal mate
Depends on the reason. I’ve been all over the world including Canada. My US visa was cancelled because they were late to issue it (passed the time of the conference), and then said to apply for a tourist one it’s best to cancel the business/conference one. I doubt this is a big deal.

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
Your story is quite depressing. What’s your nationality and which geographies did you work in prior to applying to move to Canada?
I’m from the middle east, so I’ve always suspected my application would exceed 6 months just because of this, but never thought it would take over 2.5 years. I’ve been on tourism all over Europe, and I studied for a semester in Canada. I work in Dubai for one of the fortune 500 companies.

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
Have you ever lived / studied or traveled to the US for more than 6 months?
Nope. Trust me I’ve thought so much about this trying to figure out what it could be and couldn’t. Both my wife and I are well educated, work for big companies in senior roles with a decent work history, travel plenty to non-risk countries, scored high on the IELTs, and speak 3 languages each. Our financial situation is also okay, and we can easily cover the needed funds for the PR. I’ve been to Canada already, so I’m sure they ran a security check at the time in which I passed. My wife passed her background check in a month, mine is the one stuck now. I eventually gave up thinking of a logical reason why this has happened. I’m in the “wish for the best” and “if it’s meant to happen it will” phases.

Reactions: taiko

mominmalik5

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
NOC Code......
Depends on the reason. I’ve been all over the world including Canada. My US visa was cancelled because they were late to issue it (passed the time of the conference), and then said to apply for a tourist one it’s best to cancel the business/conference one. I doubt this is a big deal.
How did they cancel the visa? Did they call your passport back and put a "cancelled without prejudice" on it?

Regardless of the trivial reason for the cancellation, it could have let the Canadians do an extended screening process for your application.

mominmalik5

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
NOC Code......
I sure hope so. It's been quite a ride. I applied today for CBSA and GCMS notes to see if there's any real movement.
Were there any ghost updates when your security screening began? I've received a ghost update myself. Eligibility and criminality were passed already previously. I hope its not an update of the start of security screening or change of Visa Office.

mominmalik5

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
NOC Code......
Why don’t you call CIC and ask this
I was thinking of this and I tried calling from Skype (USA number) but doesn't connect

Tried with text now app but it logs me out even with Canadian VPN saying you're violating terms of service.

Fongo app also not working

Don't know what how to call

faisalmf

Jun 24, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
LANDED..........
28-06-2022
Were there any ghost updates when your security screening began? I've received a ghost update myself. Eligibility and criminality were passed already previously. I hope its not an update of the start of security screening or change of Visa Office.
Its the beginning or end of something..i think i had a ghost update when my security screening began..better call IRCC and ask them about it

mominmalik5

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
NOC Code......
Alhamdulillah, it's PPR...

@Shahanastar ,@Fias34 ,@ artificial.nocturne , I need your advice regarding landing...

Particularly about
Officer's questions and answers and what documents do I need to show them right away?
Is it necessary to have proof of funds readily available in cash or in the form of monetary instruments beyond declaration limit or is there any other way?

Thanks
Please share your timeline