+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LONDON Visa Office Applicants....Lets connect here

Tojojikan

Mar 6, 2017
I don't think LVO follow any pattern because I am a PNP (paper based) and I have been receiving messages from Client Service Unit that my application is in "process or waiting to be review" but recently I received a message from Immigration and Medical Services Division that my file is "awaiting review by a visa officer"

tinuola

Oct 12, 2016
Hi @BillHyatt and anyone that can help shed light on my case.

I sent a mail couple of weeks back just as advised and I got the response below.

"Thank you for your email.

Please note your file is awaiting review by a visa officer. Unfortunately, we are currently unable to advise when this review will take place due to the high volume of files, however, please rest assured that we will contact you as soon as the application has been reviewed or further documents are required. Please note every application is different and the processing time may differ from one file to the other.

We appreciate your patience during this process.

Yours sincerely,

EXP

Immigration and Medical Services Division
High Commission of Canada"

Will background check/SS commence after this review or it's been sorted already?

Also, when should I expect PPR with this status considering it's beenh 9months already?

AOR August 3rd PNP
Feb 27th - IP2

ken2sure

Apr 23, 2018
Hi @BillHyatt and anyone that can help shed light on my case.

I sent a mail couple of weeks back just as advised and I got the response below.

Will background check/SS commence after this review or it's been sorted already?

Also, when should I expect PPR with this status considering it's beenh 9months already?

AOR August 3rd PNP
Feb 27th - IP2
From the response, it appears your file has not even been opened yet at LVO and unfortunately, any action( such as SS and all) would only commence after it is opened for review by an officer. It beats me what approach LVO implements in choosing which and what file to review at any point in time cos August is a Long time to be on queue awaiting review. Just "watch and pray". It is well!

caleb1111

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Same like many, close to the time of medical expiry date a decision is made for extension or redo. Just go and do your medical exam asap.
Really? I thought the applicant is supposed to apply for extension ?
And here I am, beating myself up for forgetting to apply for extension !

huma757

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Really? I thought the applicant is supposed to apply for extension ?
And here I am, beating myself up for forgetting to apply for extension !
I applied for an extension and it was granted by VCM in March. Although, I feel that extension is not the best sign. They usually request the medical re-do when your file is being worked on / ready to be finalised. Therefore they gave me the extension because they put my file on the back burner and won't get to it for a long time.

Reactions: Reykhan

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
I applied for an extension and it was granted by VCM in March. Although, I feel that extension is not the best sign. They usually request the medical re-do when your file is being worked on / ready to be finalised. Therefore they gave me the extension because they put my file on the back burner and won't get to it for a long time.
Yeah spot on. I was given an extension too and now I'm bloody regretting it. On hind side, won't have to waste 330 quid again. Loool.

Reactions: huma757

Tge

Dec 9, 2017
Hi guys,

AOR: 11th December 2017

After waiting for ages i finally got a ghost update. Checking my cic account i noticed the following changes on my account:

1. Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided have been uploaded. (this is my spouse's renewed passport)

.2. We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Am very glad to see some progress but can anyone clue me in on what stage i am and how likely PPR is soon to happen

Thanks guys