+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LONDON Visa Office Applicants....Lets connect here

osixco

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Hi All.
We had a new baby boy on 21st October, and received my ppr on 31st October. I notified the London VO about change in family composition on 6th of November but did not receive any response from them. I sent a reminder email to London VO on 15th November but did not receive any response for it either. Now i have following concerns:
How long does London VO usually takes to reply to such emails?
Should i present my passports to vfs global office for copr before 30 Nov?

Thanks for your assistance in advance.

8 Months!!! Wow! Why did you not inform them immediately your baby was born or a day or 2 later? You informed them 6 days after you got your ppr, what do you expect them to think. If you present your passports now, how about that of your baby or are you leaving him/her behind? As it stands, ircc has no record of your baby. All the best with trying to reach them.

timerslot

Aug 22, 2017
Just wanted to give a quick update with regards to my interview which went very well and I got my visa and COPR on the same day.

95% of the interview questions were work related and I was asked to attend with all my work documents, payslips and updated bank statement.

Timeline

AOR Received - 18/03/2017
Medicals Cleared: 17/05/2017
IP1 : 17/05/2017
NA: 30/05/2017
Interview Call :23/10/2017
Interview Date :30/10/2017
IP2 : 30/10/2017
PPR: 30/10/2017
Landed on the : 13/11/2017

Type: FSW Outland
VISA Office: London
Interview and Visa issued in - CHC Accra, Ghana
Resident: Lagos, Nigeria

The interview was very thorough and lasted for 30mins. Below are some of the questions asked

- Why do you want to move to Canada?
- Where in Canada do I want to settle and why
- Have you used someone else’s help in preparing your application?
- What do you see as the biggest challenge of immigrating to Canada?
- Tell me about your previous jobs
- Why did you come back from the US to Nigeria to take this job with less pay and different career path.
- How did you find this job and what previous experience did you have that made you a suitable candidate
- What is your current job description?
- What are the qualifications required for your current job
- can you explain a typical day in your workplace?
- Have you ever been refused a visa before and what was the reason?
- Are you willing to do any other job or only your profession in Canada?
- Examples of some work / projects you have done
- Why didn't you submit payslips during the initial application and why is there no salary deposit in your bank account
Ans: I didn't think payslip was required however, I came to the interview with 12months payslip. Also I used my savings account for POF, however I also attended the interview with my 12month current account statement which had all my salary deposit.

- How many people working in our company?
- How many are working under me and to whom I report?
- How did you manage to get off work today in short notice?
- Provide scenarios and details about my current job
- Projects that I am currently working on
- What is the company size…
- Have you searched for your job? What’s the potential market etc?
- Any friends / relatives in Canada and what they do?
- Why moving to Canada when you are well established here?

Finally, she went through all the duties mentioned in my work reference letter and asked me to explain it and give examples.

At the end she said congratulation I am satisfied you meet the requirement and asked me to come back at 2pm to collect the Visa. I was also asked to come with two passport photo and since I didn't have one, they directed me to Flash Photos, near the Danquah Circle, Osu, Ghana

Last edited:

usmibrahim

Star Member
Aug 25, 2012
Madinah KSA
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All.
We had a new baby boy on 21st October, and received my ppr on 31st October. I notified the London VO about change in family composition on 6th of November but did not receive any response from them. I sent a reminder email to London VO on 15th November but did not receive any response for it either. Now i have following concerns:

anybody who have a understanding of the Canadian immigration system please!!!

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All.

Did you actually inform CIC regarding the change in family composition also ? If not, you need to raise a CSE immediately, and send them an email also just to be safe. Did you pay the $150 fees also ?

London Visa office doesnt reply usually unfortunately, i mailed them a couple of times back in july - auto response said wait for 28 days for reply.

I added a newborn child to another application recently (this is pre PPR stage) , the name was added to the application on the my CIC portal. now finally BG is IP for the 2nd time.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
8 Months!!! Wow! Why did you not inform them immediately your baby was born or a day or 2 later? You informed them 6 days after you got your ppr, what do you expect them to think. If you present your passports now, how about that of your baby or are you leaving him/her behind? As it stands, ircc has no record of your baby. All the best with trying to reach them.
? where did the 8 months question come from? he informed in 6 days

osixco

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Just wanted to give a quick update with regards to my interview which went very well and I got my visa and COPR on the same day.

95% of the interview questions were work related and I was asked to attend with all my work documents, payslips and updated bank statement.

Timeline

The interview was very thorough and lasted for 30mins. Below are some of the questions asked

- Why did you come back from the US to Nigeria to take this job with less pay and different career path.
- How did you find this job and what previous experience did you have that made you a suitable candidate
- Why didn't you submit payslips during the initial application and why is there no salary deposit in your bank account

Finally, she went through all the duties mentioned in my work reference letter and asked me to explain it and give examples.

At the end she said congratulation I am satisfied you meet the requirement and asked me to come back at 2pm to collect the Visa. I was also asked to come with two passport photo and since I didn't have one, they directed me to Flash Photos, near the Danquah Circle, Osu, Ghana

Congrats bro. Few questions though, were you residing in Lagos as at the time you were scheduled for the interview in Accra? Secondly, were there no salary deposits in your account?, why and how did you respond to that question?

usmibrahim

Star Member
Aug 25, 2012
Madinah KSA
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you actually inform CIC regarding the change in family composition also ? If not, you need to raise a CSE immediately, and send them an email also just to be safe. Did you pay the $150 fees also ?

London Visa office doesnt reply usually unfortunately, i mailed them a couple of times back in july - auto response said wait for 28 days for reply.

I added a newborn child to another application recently (this is pre PPR stage) , the name was added to the application on the my CIC portal. now finally BG is IP for the 2nd time.
Thanks for the reply stoney.

I did not raise a SEC. I will do that now.

It will still take 20 odd days before i get the passport for the new born, hence i am not in a position to submit complete set of documents for my newborn. cic will give me 30 days when it opens a window to upload the required docs. I will pay the $150 fee when i upload the docs.

My real concern is that if i do not hear anything from London VO, should i submit our passports (minus the newborn of course) for copr to the vfs office?

Thanks again

timerslot

Aug 22, 2017
Congrats bro. Few questions though, were you residing in Lagos as at the time you were scheduled for the interview in Accra? Secondly, were there no salary deposits in your account?, why and how did you respond to that question?
Yes I was residing in Lagos, I submitted only my savings account that has $12,300 equivalent because of the unstable exchange rate. But when I was invited for interview, I went with both my savings and current account 12 months statement. I get paid into my current account and they could see this reflected every month.

Reactions: Lordnath and osixco

Remy Nigeria

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Congratulations and thanks to you for this update. All the best in canada..please what is your profession?

Timeline

Ans: I didn't think payslip was required however, I came to the interview with 12months payslip. Also I used my savings account for POF, however I also attended the interview with my 12month current account statement which had all my salary deposit.

omesanni

Star Member
Dec 31, 2016

Timeline

How did u answer this question Are you willing to do any other job or only your profession in Canada?

fhdahd

Nov 16, 2016
UAE
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
23-05-2017
Nomination.....
03-04-2017
AOR Received.
24-05-2017
Med's Done....
8-08-2017
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Please be advised that your application is awaiting final review in our London office.

We thank you for your patience at this time.

what does this reply means from London visa office??

Sadafad

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Please be advised that your application is awaiting final review in our London office.

We thank you for your patience at this time.

what does this reply means from London visa office??
No idea..... At least u got a reply!! When did u mail them?

fhdahd

Nov 16, 2016
UAE
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
23-05-2017
Nomination.....
03-04-2017
AOR Received.
24-05-2017
Med's Done....
8-08-2017
No idea..... At least u got a reply!! When did u mail them?
this is my 2nd email and got reply for both, in the 1st one they write "your application is in que for review" and now its "awaiting final review" i sent the last email 5 days back

Sadafad

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
this is my 2nd email and got reply for both, in the 1st one they write "your application is in que for review" and now its "awaiting final review" i sent the last email 5 days back
I mailed them on 3rd Nov n even raised a CSE as my application has crossed 6 months but received no reply till now... If u don't mind plz can u tell what do u write in the subject??
I wrote my application status no enquiry