+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LONDON Visa Office Applicants....Lets connect here

dupsy21

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
I got it by email.

I will surely share my COPR experience.

I won't be landing until June, so that landing experience will come later.

Kitua85 said:
Yayy congratulations @dupsy
I am very happy for you
how did you get it? by email or though your myCIC account?

Please remain on the forum to share your COPR and landing experience with us
Wishing you the very best....

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
dupsy21 said:
All glory to God!!! I just got my PPR now.

FSW(Outland) UK
AOR - 9th October
Schedule A requested - 15th October
Medical Passed - 15th October
Additional document requested - 7th March (Submitted 11th March)
Background in process - 31st March
PPR - 07th April
Congrats on your PPR! You got it just before the 6 month mark :) it seems like some UK residents are being processed in Ottawa, which is much slower than London VO. I wonder how CIC decides this, are you a citizen of the UK or a temporary resident in UK?

dupsy21

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
Yeah, my application was processed in Ottawa. I really don't know why.
I am a temporary resident in UK

LizzyBob said:
Congrats on your PPR! You got it just before the 6 month mark :) it seems like some UK residents are being processed in Ottawa, which is much slower than London VO. I wonder how CIC decides this, are you a citizen of the UK or a temporary resident in UK?

Kitua85

Star Member
Aug 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abo0286 said:
Hi

Whats the medical cost in London?
I did mine in October 2015 and it cost around £310 per adult. I suggest you call their office to confirm.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Kitua85 said:
Dear forum members,

I have created this thread for members who have their applications being processed at the London VO
I hope we can connect and share ideas
I will be glad if members who have got their PR's can also share their timelines

My timeline

AOR- 6-Nov-2015
Medicals-Passed
Interview held @ Canada House London on 9-March-2015
BC- Not Started
Final Decision- Not Started
Hi,

I haven't seen many EE applicants getting an interview. Could you describe what was asked in the interview? Do you think any circumstance specific to you made them call you for an interview?

Thanks.

Kitua85

Star Member
Aug 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Hi,

I haven't seen many EE applicants getting an interview. Could you describe what was asked in the interview? Do you think any circumstance specific to you made them call you for an interview?

Thanks.
I believe the main reason for the interview was to ascertain whether my work experience aligned with my chosen NOC.

I may also have been chosen randomly for an interview because 2 additional visa officers who were in attendance were been trained by the visa officer conducting my interview.

Tarun401

Star Member
Aug 16, 2015
United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kitua85 said:
I believe the main reason for the interview was to ascertain whether my work experience aligned with my chosen NOC.

I may also have been chosen randomly for an interview because 2 additional visa officers who were in attendance were been trained by the visa officer conducting my interview.
If you don't mind, Do you live in London or any other part of UK?? This might also have something to do with the Interview. Just trying to find pattern, so others can get help.

Kitua85

Star Member
Aug 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tarun401 said:
If you don't mind, Do you live in London or any other part of UK?? This might also have something to do with the Interview. Just trying to find pattern, so others can get help.

I actually live in London.
The visa officer explained that he had been processing pre Jan 2015 PR applications and my EE application was the first he had handled.
He reviewed my application in its entirety @ the interview.
The interview was not a Q and A session but an opportunity to convince the VO that I will be able to economically establish myself in Canada.
He asked about the availability of jobs under my NOC in Canada,
If I had been in contact with Canadian recruiters.
what my spouse thought about my plans to relocate to Canada was.
What the reasons for past visa rejections where
what province I planned to settle in.
@ the end he requested evidence of 3 months of salary payment for my work history (online banking printout only). I sent it the following day

It can be nerve racking preparing for the interview but in hind sight its a good experience as the VO's are friendly and professional
They also give you a decision at the end of the interview.

Tarun401

Star Member
Aug 16, 2015
United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kitua85 said:
The visa officer explained that he had been processing pre Jan 2015 PR applications and my EE application was the first he had handled.
The interview was not a Q and A session but an opportunity to convince the VO that I will be able to economically establish myself in Canada.
@ the end he requested evidence of 3 months of salary payment for my work history (online banking printout only). I sent it the following day

It can be nerve racking preparing for the interview but in hind sight its a good experience as the VO's are friendly and professional
Great!! thanks for the detailed note buddy. Appreciate it.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Kitua85 said:

Kitua85 said:

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. +1 .

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Kitua85 said:

Looks like you were part of a training session ;)

Kitua85

Star Member
Aug 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hot2Cold said:
Looks like you were part of a training session ;)
Haha I know, I only hope that the beginners luck theory means that I eventually get my application approved.