+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London Visa Office 2020/2021 (Outland Applicants)

royalrumble

Star Member
Aug 8, 2021
The first time we emailed him it took about 3 weeks to reply then it became faster as we had communicated with him multiple times
Oh ok. I guess it depends on how busy they are. Someone posted that they got a reply the next day. Thanks for sharing.

pinx09

Star Member
Jan 14, 2021
Hi Everyone - I got pre arrival letter today - what it means and What should I expect next?
Congrads! Pre arrival means that you have passed eligibility. This means the immigration officer thinks your relationship is genuine. Now that you have passed eligibility, your security screening will start. It usually takes 2 months after which you will get passport request! You are very close to the end my friend. Good luck!

AfghanCanadian

Aug 8, 2021
Congrads! Pre arrival means that you have passed eligibility. This means the immigration officer thinks your relationship is genuine. Now that you have passed eligibility, your security screening will start. It usually takes 2 months after which you will get passport request! You are very close to the end my friend. Good luck!
Thank you!

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Any DM’s for people who applied after June 2021? The spreadsheet shows a big number of applications from June who finished together in Jan and Feb.

Hassankt

Jan 3, 2022
Hello guys!
I am jan 2021 applicant from Pakistan. Got an email in March that eligibility as a sponsor have been met. File transferred to LVO on March 2021.Medical done in July 2021. Additional PCC certificate requested in August 2021 as the previous one along with application was expired due to over six months period. Activated my status tracker and found out there is a pending task about my biometrics which they had requested in March 2021 but my incompetent immigration consultant had missed that email about my biometrics request which I done eventually in March 2022. Checked the status after a week and it shows biometrics completed on the file. Raised a web forum where they stated that the processing of this application is ongoing and the file is currently in queue to be reviewed by a migration officer. No further updates provided. Don’t know what would be next and how long would they take to update my file. Being away from a family is really hard..

Trevlos21

Apr 1, 2022
Realistically how long is the London office taking from application to getting the PR... is it anything like the 19 months the dot gov site s saying it takes for outland applications? The speadsheets are suggesting more like Nov for for the people who applied this time last year (so 8 months?)

Does paper vs online make a difference in time?

I'm a UK citizen, married to a Canadian citizen, with a Canadian child both living with me. Got all the paperwork they are looking for etc.

Thanks

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Realistically how long is the London office taking from application to getting the PR... is it anything like the 19 months the dot gov site s saying it takes for outland applications? The speadsheets are suggesting more like Nov for for the people who applied this time last year (so 8 months?)

Does paper vs online make a difference in time?

I'm a UK citizen, married to a Canadian citizen, with a Canadian child both living with me. Got all the paperwork they are looking for etc.

Thanks
UK citizens with straightforward applications tend to be the fastest amongst LVO's files. So yes, 6-8 months that is, but this is based on historical data and things could be different now.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Security checks for NATO countries and esp AU/NZ/US/UK amongst the quickest, so if it's a straightforward case, should be fine.

I mean, you didn't specify the Canadian child is related to either of you, but for the purposes of the forum, we'll just give you the benefit of the doubt.

Fieldy

Jun 23, 2021
UK citizens with straightforward applications tend to be the fastest amongst LVO's files. So yes, 6-8 months that is, but this is based on historical data and things could be different now.
Just to add some info to this…I am a straight forward Outland UK citizen application married to Canadian for 8 years. Applied 5th May 21, received PPR in late October. I’m still waiting for COPR from London VO. I even asked my Canadian MP to enquire for me (as I’m in Canada with my wife) and they have been told by IRCC there is nothing wrong with my application and to wait and that they have until Oct 22 to issue it. So my advice even if it goes really smoothly like mine has don’t get too excited too quickly…6 months and counting to be landed and no clue when they will do it. It appears phoning isn’t an option either now, I was cut off all day from 8am until close.