+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London (United Kingdom) VFS Passport Submission Timeline

JoZa

Oct 19, 2014
Y
Have you logged in to your EE portal to check? I'm not sure if my status was update immediately... I think it took a few hours. I definitely didn't get an email about portal update for a day or so.
I didn't have counterfoil generated as I'm visa exempt - I'm not sure if this has any impact on how quickly the portal is updated.
Thanks for your feedback. I’ve logged into my EE profile and there’s still no update. I’ll just have to keep waiting for the EE update or when we get the passports back.

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Y

Thanks for your feedback. I’ve logged into my EE profile and there’s still no update. I’ll just have to keep waiting for the EE update or when we get the passports back.
Hopefully you get an update soon :)

monster999

Sep 18, 2022
Hi I am canadian PR and my wife is from Pakistan and I applied for outland online in September 2022 for which I have received AOR and SA but no medical and file has been sent to London VO that is notoriously slow. Meanwhile, My wife got her TRV approved and she will travel with me in April 2023. Given the terrible wait times, do you think I cancel the outland and apply inland in April 2023. This way hopefully I will have PR by the end of 2023 or sooner. While the outland applications for london can take 2 years and I might be getting PR in september 2024. Not sure what to do?
Will it raise any suspicions on my case if I go through. Also I am a bit scared if my wife becomes pregnant on visitor visa, I will have no coverage for delivery.

thanks

Motunoje

Apr 23, 2022
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
UNKNOWN
AOR Received.
23 OCTOBER 2022
Honestly if I knew this London Vfs and Vo is slow. I won’t have used them.

sent my passport through courier to them. It was recieved at Vfs with no response
Sent on 23rd jan
Recieved in vfs 24th
They sent a mail of recieving my package on 26th Asking for where I did my biometric of which I did with them and the evidence is behind my passport.

and they ask for return courier fee, which is also in the package sent to them.(evidence of payment)

I responded that all their request is in the package sent to them , I wonder if they don’t check documents sent to them.

uptil now no tracking from London VO and further response fromVfs London.

I just hope am not going to be in a fix now

how can I recall my passport…Their services is not encouraging to me.

for 4days nothing ..

Motunoje

Apr 23, 2022
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
UNKNOWN
AOR Received.
23 OCTOBER 2022
Honestly if I knew this London Vfs and Vo is slow. I won’t have used them.

sent my passport through courier to them. It was recieved at Vfs with no response
Sent on 23rd jan
Recieved in vfs 24th
They sent a mail of recieving my package on 26th Asking for where I did my biometric of which I did with them and the evidence is behind my passport.

and they ask for return courier fee, which is also in the package sent to them.(evidence of payment)

I responded that all their request is in the package sent to them , I wonder if they don’t check documents sent to them.

uptil now no tracking from London VO and further response fromVfs London.

I just hope am not going to be in a fix now

how can I recall my passport…Their services is not encouraging to me.

for 4days nothing ..
Finally my passport was acknowledged and sent to ircc

wings149

Star Member
Aug 23, 2022
I also got the ready for visa email (PR applicant), I don't need to submit my passport just photocopies and the forms. For those who don't submit their passports, will they send the visa to my home address or maybe via email?
I am a little confuse because everyone is submitting passports but I don't need to as I'm from a country that doesn't need a visa to travel to Canada, so I'm wondering how will I get the COPR.
Hi Mimi,
I have the same letter as you and wondered how you got on? I am thinking of taking the documents to London in person to speed things up.
I have been asked for photocopies of my passport, a copy of the letter they sent as well as two photos. I take it I just package it up and take it into them. How long does it take to got the COPR once submitted? Thanks

wings149

Star Member
Aug 23, 2022
Hi Guys,
I hope someone is able to help me as I am so confused.
I received my letter today asking me for photocopies of my passport, a copy of the letter and two passport photos. All sounds fine to me. If I have an online account then I can upload my photocopies and letter online and only send the photos. Sounds simple. There is a link to VFS website with instructions and this is where it's all got confusing.
There is a list of services on there including the courier but it doesn't say what address I should send the documents to, how to get an online account to upload the photocopies and the website is so unclear. Can anyone tell me how they did theirs? This is for PR.

I have spent the entire evening going around and around in circles on their website with zero luck, no instructions or address. I am at this stage rather frustrated. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks guys.

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Hi Guys,
I hope someone is able to help me as I am so confused.
I received my letter today asking me for photocopies of my passport, a copy of the letter and two passport photos. All sounds fine to me. If I have an online account then I can upload my photocopies and letter online and only send the photos. Sounds simple. There is a link to VFS website with instructions and this is where it's all got confusing.
There is a list of services on there including the courier but it doesn't say what address I should send the documents to, how to get an online account to upload the photocopies and the website is so unclear. Can anyone tell me how they did theirs? This is for PR.

I have spent the entire evening going around and around in circles on their website with zero luck, no instructions or address. I am at this stage rather frustrated. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks guys.
I had the same issue so in the end I just took the documents to VFS in person. You cannot book an appointment for it and in my case I had to wait around 3 hours. I then paid to have my COPR couriered back to me.

It took 8 days to get my COPR confirmation email and another 5 days to get the actual document (would be quicker but the decision email came through just before the weekend).

I couldn't figure out where to upload copies of passports (I asked on the forum and others didn't know either) and I was a bit worries about something being misplaced so I thought it's better to sacrifice a day (I don't live in London) but have the peace of mind.

mimi234

Apr 16, 2021
Hi Mimi,
I have the same letter as you and wondered how you got on? I am thinking of taking the documents to London in person to speed things up.
I have been asked for photocopies of my passport, a copy of the letter they sent as well as two photos. I take it I just package it up and take it into them. How long does it take to got the COPR once submitted? Thanks
Hi, I've gotten my COPR and is due to fly out soon.

I just sent the copies via royal mail and paid for a guaranteed signed delivery. They got it within a day, then they emailed me saying they've gotten my parcel and that i should transfer the cost (the email had the costs and the bank account i need to transfer the money to). After I did this, I sent a screenshot to them showing I've paid and then I started getting emails about the progress of my application (I think these were automated emails).

They received my copies on 15/07/2022 and then i got an email saying my COPR is coming via DHL to me on 03/08/2022. So it doesn't take very long.

Wishing you all the best.

wings149

Star Member
Aug 23, 2022

I just sent the copies via royal mail and paid for a guaranteed signed delivery. They got it within a day, then they emailed me saying they've gotten my parcel and that i should transfer the cost (the email had the costs and the bank account i need to transfer the money to). After I did this, I sent a screenshot to them showing I've paid and then I started getting emails about the progress of my application (I think these were automated emails).

They received my copies on 15/07/2022 and then i got an email saying my COPR is coming via DHL to me on 03/08/2022. So it doesn't take very long.

Hi Mimi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain it so well. I sent hours yesterday trying to work it all out and it was really frustrating.

Well it got the better of me, so I decided to take the documents into London myself. Made even more fun by the rail strikes. They have them now and I have an email which confirms they have now been dispatched to IRCC. So I can breath easier now. hahaha.

Congratulations on your leaving plans. We have WP's so my wife is leaving in April but I am hanging back until June. It would just be amazing if we get her COPR before she travels as it would make things a lot easier. Apparently taking 6 weeks to process, so I was told today.

Thank you again and I wish you the best of luck with your escape and setting up your new life.

Reactions: mimi234

wings149

Star Member
Aug 23, 2022
I had the same issue so in the end I just took the documents to VFS in person. You cannot book an appointment for it and in my case I had to wait around 3 hours. I then paid to have my COPR couriered back to me.

It took 8 days to get my COPR confirmation email and another 5 days to get the actual document (would be quicker but the decision email came through just before the weekend).

I couldn't figure out where to upload copies of passports (I asked on the forum and others didn't know either) and I was a bit worries about something being misplaced so I thought it's better to sacrifice a day (I don't live in London) but have the peace of mind.
Hi Andy,

That has really made me laugh as our situation appears to be exactly the same. I ended up walking my documents in myself today. The stress was too much. I was going to courier it back but we have 4 children and I was told the courier fee was for each person. So that was x 6 of us. haha. I said I would come back when they are ready to collect. So pleased I took it in myself. So much easier.

5 days was good for COPR and then another 5 for the document. I hope mine is that quick. When did you go through this? Was it recently?

Thanks for your reply.

Reactions: AndyUK

Motunoje

Apr 23, 2022
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
UNKNOWN
AOR Received.
23 OCTOBER 2022
Finally my passport was acknowledged and sent to ircc
Finally

my doc was recieved at ircc on 1 feb
and I got another mail on 3rd that my Decision envelop has been sent back to vfs and another same 3rd it was recieved at VFS london and handed over to a registered courier partner that will deliver to me

apparently document only stay 2days in London VO

Reactions: wings149

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Hi Andy,

That has really made me laugh as our situation appears to be exactly the same. I ended up walking my documents in myself today. The stress was too much. I was going to courier it back but we have 4 children and I was told the courier fee was for each person. So that was x 6 of us. haha. I said I would come back when they are ready to collect. So pleased I took it in myself. So much easier.

5 days was good for COPR and then another 5 for the document. I hope mine is that quick. When did you go through this? Was it recently?

Thanks for your reply.
I had mine done in early January - the exact timeline is in my signature. Someone else had his done in late December within a similar timeframe, so hopefully you won't have to wait long :)
TBH I was prepared for 4-8 weeks wait after reading posts on this forum but I think not needing a visa speeds up the process a lot :)

oppositeofaproblem

Dec 30, 2019

Hi Mimi, in a similar position to you! Wondering if you can help.

Received PPR, but confused by next steps given that the PPR letter says to upload some docs to the account...
So I think I am just going to send the filled out PPR letter, photocopies of our passports, and the physical photos that we had taken.

Did you just mail the above to:

Visa Application Centre
66 Wilson Street, London, Greater London, EC2A 2BT, United Kingdom

And that's when you received the email asking you to pay etc.?

So paranoid I'm going to do something wrong... applied in November 2020 so it feels very surreal to get to this point!!

Thank you :)

wings149

Star Member
Aug 23, 2022

Hi Mimi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain it so well. I sent hours yesterday trying to work it all out
Finally

my doc was recieved at ircc on 1 feb
and I got another mail on 3rd that my Decision envelop has been sent back to vfs and another same 3rd it was recieved at VFS london and handed over to a registered courier partner that will deliver to me

apparently document only stay 2days in London VO
Thats fantastic, congratulations. I hope that’s the same for us. Our docs were sent from vfs to VO London on Friday 03rd. Let’s see when I receive the final decision. :)