+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London (United Kingdom) VFS Passport Submission Timeline

lisarogers

Star Member
Oct 16, 2021
thats really long, is this how long it usually takes? its 2 weeks for my sister. what happens if there is a urgent travel and we need the passport...

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
thats really long, is this how long it usually takes? its 2 weeks for my sister. what happens if there is a urgent travel and we need the passport...
It looks like recently it takes London VFS 5-10 weeks to get passports stamped.
Someone posted on the forum recently that if you need to travel urgently (medical reasons, death in the family, etc.) you can try to call them and hope they will speed it up or you can request your passport back.
But in most cases, you have to be prepared to wait for a while.

K!kz

Dec 3, 2022
Yeah same here. No reply on the web form. Guess we'll just have to wait. According to the forums here it could take 10-12 weeks. Would you kindly update me here once you hear news on your passport? Thanks!
Hi. I just got an update today after 8 weeks of waiting, our passports are ready for collection. Hope yours will come this week too.

Miami_F

Dec 16, 2022
Hello, I've been watching this thread carefully and also wanted to share my timeline after 8 weeks of submitting my passport for PPR:

26 Oct 2022 - Your application, tracking ID No.xxx has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office
16 Dec 2022 - The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. xxx has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in Embassy CVO.

I'm just waiting for the courier now.

I did send an email message to IRCC on 15 Dec urging them to expedite the processing of my application because my rent lease is about to expire in few days, and I would effectively end up homeless. Not sure if they actually saw the email and processed based on it, or it just happened to be ready after 8 weeks.

Hope everyone hears some good news soon, just be patient!

STQ5013

Dec 16, 2022
So I just received an email from IRCC to send my passport to London office for my PRTD. ( I applied using the permanent Residency portal), I'm due to return to Canada on 23rd December, I'm guessing this is a waste of time and I'll have to book a flight to the US and have my wife pick me up at Buffalo - This whole process is messed up.

Ninaj

Nov 22, 2022
Hi everyone,

So I finally have an update after almost 7 weeks of waiting

03/11/2022 Your application, tracking ID No xxx has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on Thu Nov 03 2022
19/12/2022 - The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. xxx has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in Embassy CVO

Now, I am just waiting for the courier

I dont know if this is what helped but I sent an email on the 13th of December to ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca to let them know I needed to travel on Friday the 23rd of December and that my case should be treated as urgent.

I really hope everyone gets some good news soon

Ninaj

Nov 22, 2022
So I just received an email from IRCC to send my passport to London office for my PRTD. ( I applied using the permanent Residency portal), I'm due to return to Canada on 23rd December, I'm guessing this is a waste of time and I'll have to book a flight to the US and have my wife pick me up at Buffalo - This whole process is messed up.
I dont know if you know this but I heard that you can submit it in another country because some country are faster than others..

London seems to be the worst

I think you should read more about it and consider submitting it somewhere else

lisarogers

Star Member
Oct 16, 2021
Hello, I've been watching this thread carefully and also wanted to share my timeline after 8 weeks of submitting my passport for PPR:

26 Oct 2022 - Your application, tracking ID No.xxx has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office
16 Dec 2022 - The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. xxx has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in Embassy CVO.

I'm just waiting for the courier now.

I did send an email message to IRCC on 15 Dec urging them to expedite the processing of my application because my rent lease is about to expire in few days, and I would effectively end up homeless. Not sure if they actually saw the email and processed based on it, or it just happened to be ready after 8 weeks.

Hope everyone hears some good news soon, just be patient!
what email did you use to write to them? the Visa office in London, uK?

OnCan

Dec 8, 2022
It is almost 10 weeks after we submitted our Passport to IRCC London. Still no updates from them. It is frustrating.

Symba02

Oct 28, 2022
Hi guys

I just got my PPR, please what's the process/ requirement for passport submission to London. Which address do I send to. Please help