+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London (United Kingdom) VFS Passport Submission Timeline

MiracleCSEP

Apr 12, 2023
Hi guys…

Just tracked my passport and saw the below:

Has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in London.

I submitted my docs at VFS Dublin. Is this normal?

Last edited:

mj_canada

Jul 27, 2015
Hi guys…

Just tracked my passport and saw the below:

Has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in London.

I submitted my docs at VFS Dublin. Is this normal?
I think it is normal. VFS London will send it to VFS Dublin before it reaches you.

Reactions: MiracleCSEP

Willmakeit

Mar 10, 2022
Hey folks @MiracleCSEP @Blondiesweet25 @haris462 , I have a unique situation where I cannot receive updates due to an incorrect email address entered by the VFS agent during submission. I have to check on their website daily for updates. Before receiving any email update from VFS, do you also receive an update via GCkey or on the application tracker? What was it like for you before/after receiving email from VFS that your passport was ready for collection ?

Many Thanks!

Passport was submitted: 19th May 2023
Passport under processing at IRCC: 22nd May 2023

MiracleCSEP

Apr 12, 2023
Hey folks @MiracleCSEP @Blondiesweet25 @haris462 , I have a unique situation where I cannot receive updates due to an incorrect email address entered by the VFS agent during submission. I have to check on their website daily for updates. Before receiving any email update from VFS, do you also receive an update via GCkey or on the application tracker? What was it like for you before/after receiving email from VFS that your passport was ready for collection ?

Many Thanks!

Hey,

Coincidentally, I had the same issue. Wrong email recorded by VFS Dublin so I never got any update. I only checked my GCKey because once the counterfoil is placed on your passport, your portal is updated. So I checked yesterday and saw it was updated. Tracked it today and it’s on the way back. In a few days I’ll go to the Dublin VFS office to pick it up although I’m gonna call in to check on the status first.
I made sure they were aware that they inputted the wrong email address on file for me and they said they would fix it. Passport is on the way back and yet it is still not fixed Lol

Reactions: Willmakeit

mj_canada

Jul 27, 2015

Many Thanks!

As per the recent trends, you should get an update around 7th June. I haven't experienced how it works for a PR application yet (I just submitted passports that reached IRCC on 30th May), but in a work permit application, they despatch the passport to VFS and approve the application on GCKey (and add counterfoil details) on the same day.

Willmakeit

Mar 10, 2022

Many Thanks!

Hi everyone! I just checked my GCKey profile and saw that my counterfoil has been generated. Is this the end of the process ? No updates so far from VFS.

Reactions: mj_canada

Willmakeit

Mar 10, 2022
RFV email - 9th May
Passport submitted to VFS Dublin: 11th May
Passport got to IRCC: 15th May
Passport Dispatched back to VFS notification: 31 May.

I will update when I eventually get my passport back.
Great news! Did you also receive your COPR doc as well ?