+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London Stopover - transit Visa Required????

nikhil.bhatia

Oct 12, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
O-8 (L-9, R-8, S-7, W-7)
File Transfer...
24-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Interview........
N.A.
Passport Req..
17-02-17
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
Sweetalker said:
Hi All..

I have a Jet airways flight.. Where stopover in London (Heathrow) is almost 16 hours. Also, the connecting flight is for next day morning. Now.. Airline is not helping for any VISA..

I called up VFS UK.. They say I wud need a transit VISA as the flight is on next day.

Anybody faced a similar situation..?
Transit visa also faces rejections?
same situation with me...i booked a jet airways flight....now i cancelled my ticket.....no time to get a uk visa

Sweetalker

Sep 4, 2013
Toronto, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Ontario.
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2014
Doc's Request.
PER: 20th August 2014
IELTS Request
8.0 Overall (7.5 Minimum)
File Transfer...
15-09-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2015
LANDED..........
10-04-2015
srisrikanth said:
As per the recent UK visa policy, Indians traveling via UK need a transit visa, whether it is 1 hr or 24hrs. Once over check with your travel agents or embassies.

Till date Australia has the same, now UK added to that worst system.

Yes.. this is correct..
India comes under a VISA NATIONALS list where you need a VISA, irrespective of your onward journey..

Also, having a flight next day is primarily what makes a VISA a mandatory requirement..
as people are not allowed to stay at the airport for the night.. and if u do not have a place to stay, where do u go without a VISA ?

gibinv

Oct 26, 2012
Beautiful BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
26-06-2015
So if the transit time is less than 12 hrs, transit visa is not required right?

gibinv

Oct 26, 2012
Beautiful BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
26-06-2015
India comes under visa nations list...but the travel without visa concession applies to all visa nations....im not understanding why u people become confused over this..all things are clearly mentioned in uk border agency site..

Sweetalker

Sep 4, 2013
Toronto, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Ontario.
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
15-09-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2015
LANDED..........
10-04-2015
Ok guys.. I started this post..
Am most likely ending it too.. or at least sharing the verdict here..

Have a look, if it helps you, good enuf, otherwise just move on..
:p :p

Nobody, is allowed to stay overnight at the London Airport (Airside) - NOBODY..!!
Even the resting lounges, benches, or any other place to sit, is not meant for spending a night for anybody, at the international terminals.

- All the hotels which exist on the London Airport are in fact outside the airport, or on the LANDSIDE (outside IO) of the airport.
Border police takes rounds to ensure nobody stays overnight inside the AIRSIDE of the airport, waiting for their connecting flight.

Indian citizens need to have a valid Transit VISA to move to LANDSIDE of the airport, i.e to pass through immigration check of UK, in order to spend a night in the UK. There IS NO OTHER WAY...!!!!
The duration of your stay should be less than 48 hours - you need a "Visitor in Transit" VISA.

This information has been confirmed more than once, by:

Travel agencies.
British Airways Officials.
VFS UK
Border Security Officials - UK (in person)
Other airlines travelling TO n FRO UK - with connecting flight NEXT DAY.

I do not care about, neither do I have time for, exceptions. I am talking about general sense here.. I had to make sure my journey goes in smooth..
Anybody thinking otherwise, can go ahead and proceed their own way.. by all means..
:D :D

All the best..
:)

Reactions: anumon

Sweetalker

Sep 4, 2013
Toronto, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Ontario.
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
15-09-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2015
LANDED..........
10-04-2015
gibinv said:
India comes under visa nations list...but the travel without visa concession applies to all visa nations....im not understanding why u people become confused over this..all things are clearly mentioned in uk border agency site..
The concession says "MAYBE"..
Also, the concession does not apply to the connecting flights running NEXT DAY...!!

Still.. Not to force anything..
If u feel otherwise.. I have no issues with that..
:D :D

gibinv

Oct 26, 2012
Beautiful BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
26-06-2015
:):):):):) i have only 6 hrs transit time there...and i dont have to spend night there...i will reach there by 12.30 pm and leave by 6 pm..so i dont think i need a transit visa (as per their rules privided in official website)..

Best of luck..

Sweetalker

Sep 4, 2013
Toronto, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Ontario.
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
15-09-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2015
LANDED..........
10-04-2015
gibinv said:
:):):):):) i have only 6 hrs transit time there...and i dont have to spend night there...i will reach there by 12.30 pm and leave by 6 pm..so i dont think i need a transit visa (as per their rules privided in official website)..

Best of luck..

Thanks..
:)

Lucky you..

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dude I dont know how much travel experience you have or was it your first time travel....but what you said does not make sense. You can (from personal and friends experience) stay in London airport until your transit time - "Next day" counts as 24 hours - It is clearly given on UKBA website and I have travelled - it must be your bad luck that they asked you all this
Also I am just confused - if you had 16 hour transit - how did you stay 46 hours in London??? That means once you got the transit visa u changed your tickets to stay longer - means opted to stay beyond 24 hours.
Just so you know at airports It does not matter whether you are spending night or day - IT IS AN AIRPORT - 24 hours flights lol

paul1982

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
Hello All,

I read through this post and replies/answers of all of them.

The only question that comes right now is if people are saying that you need a transit visa then why to go that route and ask so many qquestions. If you all have money to pay to colleges/universities and come to CANADA then get some more to book tickets with other airlines who does not do stopover in London.

This post is like going in cicles and no conclusion to it.

winsor

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
i booked AIR CANADA( Mumbai --> Toronto ) ..with a transit of 5 hrs in Munich..

Hope i dont need a transit visa

annpeppa

Nov 24, 2015
same situation with me...i booked a jet airways flight....now i cancelled my ticket.....no time to get a uk visa
Hi, I have booked my tickets in Sri Lankan Airlines from Cochin to Toronto. We have a layover at Heathrow, for 12hrs 30ms. We are reaching on 25 sep 2017 at 08.30 PM and the connection flight to Toronto is at 08.00 AM the next day. We need to change Terminals as well. So wondering if we need a transit visa. I have checked with airline as well as UK immigration. Very confusing answers. UK immigration people said I need a transit visa, but need to check with Airline to see if I am passing through border control so that they could tell which transit visa is required. There are two, one is airside transit and visitor transit. I will be changing Terminals. Can anyone tell me do I require a transit visa? If yes, then which one?

Thanks in Advance!

rockpeace

Mar 27, 2015
Hi, I have booked my tickets in Sri Lankan Airlines from Cochin to Toronto. We have a layover at Heathrow, for 12hrs 30ms. We are reaching on 25 sep 2017 at 08.30 PM and the connection flight to Toronto is at 08.00 AM the next day. We need to change Terminals as well. So wondering if we need a transit visa. I have checked with airline as well as UK immigration. Very confusing answers. UK immigration people said I need a transit visa, but need to check with Airline to see if I am passing through border control so that they could tell which transit visa is required. There are two, one is airside transit and visitor transit. I will be changing Terminals. Can anyone tell me do I require a transit visa? If yes, then which one?

Thanks in Advance!
Hey I am in same situation can you please share your experience regarding UK transit without visa. It will help me. Thanks

Reactions: anumon

theguyraghav

Jul 19, 2017

Thanks in Advance!
Hey, I also booked the same flight route. Did you need a transit visa?